User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back permanent damage to Marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I don't know what you benomains are smoking, but perma damage is fucking annoying as when you are forced to go to medbay, especially how short the rounds are.

Getting hand/feet chopped off at the first major battle means you will either return for the bug hunt, sieged fob, or benos will come to you (if there is no groundside doctor). All of that is shitty.

You love perma damage so much? Then bring back beno armor damage, then also add HP % cap on each injury and the only way to heal fully from crit is to go back to the hive and wait 5 minutes, then it will be super duper fun, yeah?

For the current gameplay loop, marines should just have xeno way of HP, 1%-100% = fully functional, 0% = permacrit and <0% = death. No delimbs, no organ damage, no pain.

Game is fucking simplified in every possible way, but mister benomain can't stand marines not getting sprained ankle from radomly walking around and RNG tripping on a dead body.

Find better solution for whole section of a game than just bigass broken bandaid for a small part on one side that sticks out like a dry piece of skin on a sweaty lurker main's forehead.
    I second this. look if you want good medical gameplay SS13 has you covered. me getting scratched 1 fucking time and breaking my leg basically made me useless because i lost all my run speed on weeds, is ass and not fun

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an idea how to have a medical system for doctors yet not be encumbered totally by it.

Okay so the idea is if you get injured or whatever you go to medbay and instead of having to wait for the doc(s) finish with ya instead you must get 'checked out'. Basically a nurse or doc or whatever checks you need medical stuff done and then they put that paperwork in a machine with ID scan or something also, and once this is done you can just ghost. Now when you ghost you get a token back allowing you to just respawn right away while the doctors try to fix your old crummy body. Now you might ask why even bother? Well it meant to be a whole token system and when you respawn you take a token, and if you want more people to spawn and such they need to refund that token by cryoing the body once it is fully healed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More permadamage would be alright if we got proper FOB surgeons as well

Rounds are pretty short now anyway. We gotta wait for techweb capture points.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I had an idea how to have a medical system for doctors yet not be encumbered totally by it.

Okay so the idea is if you get injured or whatever you go to medbay and instead of having to wait for the doc(s) finish with ya instead you must get 'checked out'. Basically a nurse or doc or whatever checks you need medical stuff done and then they put that paperwork in a machine with ID scan or something also, and once this is done you can just ghost. Now when you ghost you get a token back allowing you to just respawn right away while the doctors try to fix your old crummy body. Now you might ask why even bother? Well it meant to be a whole token system and when you respawn you take a token, and if you want more people to spawn and such they need to refund that token by cryoing the body once it is fully healed.
    This just strips more roleplay, and adds more into the TDM mindset where dying carries no weight.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    This just strips more roleplay, and adds more into the TDM mindset where dying carries no weight.
    This is meant to fix the issue of waiting in medical just sucking. It means you can add permanent damage because you don't go up and wait 20 minutes for the doctors. This also segments the doctors gameplay and marine gameplay to be separate not draining from each other as much. Also if you want your snowflake character you have to wait in medbay becuase respawning forces you to random roll you similar to cyro respawns.

Lastly there is no god dam RP anyway with it so going lower is not even possible.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remove wounds. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yhea i think Doctor shipside must get bored nowdays... slow down the meta so we can go upstairs to get fixed again.
    slow down the meta with real injurie that require to get upstairs to get fix. simple.

+ it help counter speed runs.... 2 in 1 solution!!

+ it help Xeno to not get dunked on 90% of the time, wow!! 3 in 1 Solution!
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 04-17-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Dying caries weight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can think of one solution that would actually want to make go back ship side and waste 30 minutes is, if I would get some kind of permanent bonuses over my regular body. Be it a robotic leg with +20% movement speed or what ever devs can come up with that is hard to abuse (aka people won't injure themself on purpose just to get upgrade), but incentivizes people not to simply ghost and DNR after a chest frac, but go up and waste 30 minute to heal.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IM gonna fucking start playing as engineer again :<