User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back permanent damage to Marines

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like if shipside medical was replaced with more advanced medicines like cyro revivals.

It gives command options to revive perma dead marines via advanced technology.

You could replace cyromarines with it.. in principle its the same; some marines get back in the game. But now you give marines an incentive to retrieve bodies, and give shipside something to do.

Make it multipart so its interesting. Like a brain surgery, followed by transfusion, followed by 3minutes in the cyro with the "unlocked" chemical. Then a body is revivable again.

And the marine can be hanging out in deadchat the whole time instead of bored in paincrit.. or bored on the dropship.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I would like if shipside medical was replaced with more advanced medicines like cyro revivals.

It gives command options to revive perma dead marines via advanced technology.

We've officially come full circle now.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    We've officially come full circle now.
    I mean.. we constantly do.

How much effort was put into updating Research (again) and tying it into Defcon and recipes that the IOs could find.. only to drop the entire IO system with techwebs months later?
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    I mean.. we constantly do.

How much effort was put into updating Research (again) and tying it into Defcon and recipes that the IOs could find.. only to drop the entire IO system with techwebs months later?
    Rarely or at least you shouldn't be circling back on things you remove or add years later.

This is once again, a lack of direction and poor leadership from the development team.

Hard to blame any specific current Dev's as it's been a washing machine for the last few years of mass incompetence, hopefully the new team maintains a direction.
    Last edited by Fewher; 05-07-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. Local 6 year medical main.

YES DO THIS HOLY FUCK. Playing medical (or really most of the shipside roles, but one thread one problem) is boring as shit. If you are a doctor and you don't deploy, you might get a couple surgeries, but will mostly be in the chem lab for late waking medics. Nurses are pretty much pointless mechanically because the only thing people go to medical for is surgery, which Nurses can't do. Without infection, fewer steps because of the IMS, and with such strong medicines and weak ODs, field surgery is 100% viable and not a risk at all.

I've seen doctors function as medics (run in and out of firefights to pull back wounded) because it's the ONLY way they'll get patients. Even when a marine has mass organ failure they just scream at you for Peridaxon and get pissy when you suggest they evac.

Also, on the note of things to make medbay more fun: Restrict doctors moving outside the FOB or the APC. Civilians shouldn't be on the frontline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make Organ damage more common, and less easy/reliable to treat in the field (Peri alone shouldnt keep a guy with a raptured lung or heart fighting, that's absurd). Perhaps make fractures more impactful, like increasing pain from them. The more fracs you have, the more painkilling you will require to not have a breakdown from it. One frac might not need any. Two and three would need trama. Four is where you'd need Oxy. Yada yada.

Give us back Amputations to give medics (and doctors) split second decisions to cut off mega-chonker damaged limbs with 200 burn to save a Marine by bringing them back under Defib threshold. It gives Medics back a mechanic where they need to critically think and make split-second decisions (good gameplay) and also funnels that patient towards Medbay to get a new limb attached, later. It's also very aesthetically in-line with the vietnam-esque vibe that CM is sorta close to, where sci-fi clashes with retro tech.

Also, disallow Doctors from deploying beyond the scope of the Medical APC. Don't let them go "anywhere that's not dangerous". Don't even let them deploy to FOB. They either stick in the APC, or they stick in Medbay. One reason why Medbay is not visited is groundside surgeons, ironically. Nobody takes the Dropship ride up to the ship because there's already a small queue forming right at the LZ where the Doctor (or synth) is practicing surgery).
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Rarely or at least you shouldn't be circling back on things you remove or add years later.

This is once again, a lack of direction and poor leadership from the development team.

Hard to blame any specific current Dev's as it's been a washing machine for the last few years of mass incompetence, hopefully the new team maintains a direction.
    Didn’t the main guys working on medical and tech trees leave?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a medical update in the works right now iirc

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    Also, on the note of things to make medbay more fun: Restrict doctors moving outside the FOB or the APC. Civilians shouldn't be on the frontline.
    I mean, this is already the case. Doctors aren’t allowed to frontline, and get bwoinked if we catch them doing it. It’s just that nobody ahelps it anymore, so we rarely catch it. I think I dimly remember we used to enforce that doctors also weren’t allowed to get out of the FOB/Hydro base, but that, too, was enforced less and less over time.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    I mean, this is already the case. Doctors aren’t allowed to frontline, and get bwoinked if we catch them doing it. It’s just that nobody ahelps it anymore, so we rarely catch it. I think I dimly remember we used to enforce that doctors also weren’t allowed to get out of the FOB/Hydro base, but that, too, was enforced less and less over time.
    That's great and all, but the rules only specify "fighting". So an unarmed and unarmoured doctor running in and out of the field is arguably not in violation of the rules, if you want to rules lawyer it.