Personal InformationByond ID?
    MixMash

Marine Name
    Robert 'Spades' Calafax

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Jordon

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Jordon worked with IT experts before being transferred to Almayer, thus he is naturally programmed to show interest in technology. He often engaged in talks about various systems onboard Almayer. He is polite and genuine and always has something nice to say to cheer up anyone.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I find joy in a non-combative role. I would rather not get in the way or be a nuisance. I tend to non-combat roles. Most of my playtimes are in non-combat roles. Two of my most top played roles are Chief of Military Police and Senior Enlisted Advisor. I wish to be helpful rather than get in the way. Id love to have a different experience towards just blindly going into combat. I like to support rather than do frontline combat all the time. It gets tedious and having that unique role and personality to do that support role is great for me.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I think this story is a bit less complicated but it shows my quirk and a very simplistic way and I hope it seems understandable.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am familiar with alot of aspects of engineering

Including:
    Construction
    Deconstruction
    Repairing
    Barricade Placement
    Barricade Removal
    Light Replacement
    SMES
    Generators
    Hacking
    ASRS Hacking

How familiar are you with Command?
    Command is one of my weakest points

But I am familiar with some aspects such as:
    OB Coordinating
    Overwatch
    Tactical Maps
    Ground Command

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Medical I would say. Is my strongest Point

I know things such as:
    Surgery
    Making Mixtures
    Making Chems (Fast)
    Helping with Research
    First Aid
    Combat Aid
    Patient Management
    Procedures

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I am very familiar with Requisitions as I do it all the time as SEA

I know things such as:
    Ordering
    Stamping
    Line Requests
    Ordering Requests
    Supply Drops
    Radio Protocol
    ASRS Hacking (Forbidden for Synths)

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    An example would be. A doctor is being harassed by a lurker and the lurker will not leave the doctor alone and the doctor goes down due to being knocked down by the lurker and then the lurker starts to attack me and I have to defend both me and the doctor by brandishing a melee weapon to deter the lurker. then I would rescue the doctor and not chase him as that is not my role.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    My English is not the greatest and I sometimes do have mistakes. I would also like to state I am not the most creative person but this is my second attempt and I think I did a lot better. Also Jordon isn't a mistake. It's my actually name in Real Life
    Last edited by MixMash; 04-07-2021 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added a little bit to End Note

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Have seen them play as a SEA on multiple occasions, seems to know what they're doing and would no doubt be competant as a Synthetic in my opinion
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I know you are a pretty cool sea and a pretty cool guy to talk with on discord.
    I also played a lot of CM with you before I went on hiatus and I see that you do just fine in your support role. don't really have any particular comment on the story.
    +1
    furry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, starting off, the story, as MixMash said, gets their quirk off very well, if not detailed. The quirk sounds nice and relaxing, and fits into synths well. While I have not seen them play in detail, they seem very educated and competent on most, if not all, subjects. They seem to understand combat guidelines, through the example. All in all a well application and I think they would be a good addition to the synthetic whitelist.
    +1

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 based on their SEA character and behavior, they would make a great synth in the way they described.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately your story has the same issues I warned you about when you first came to me for feedback. You miss the point that synth is not a human but a machine that doesn't feel emotions, just projects them. You constantly remark that Jordon is happy, or that "he’s reminded of all the times that he spent with all the marines that trained aboard the station and all the service he has done aboard" Synths are not human, they don't reminiscence, why would Jordon suddenly even "think" of such a memory?

Story could go into quirk more than just Jordon having a one liner about being interested in specifics.

Another issue I have is that you literally named a synth after yourself, thus looking like it's a self insert, not a roleplayed character.

Biggest issue I have however is that you asked me for feedback, but weren't patient enough to wait for it and instead rushed the app. All of the above could've been avoided if you showed some restraint.

I am sure you're well versed in support roles but story and possibly roleplay wise, you are quite not there yet.

Last edited by AcuteCircle; 04-21-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically what Acute said.

You need to diversify outside of SEA, and generally get a better grasp of Synthetics.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you can get synth, it just seems here that there are two main problems with your app

1. Play more specialized roles like engineer, doctor, medic, etc., so we can recognize you know what you're doing

2. Make sure your story is reviewed first. I'll always (try) to read a story if you need me to, so that we can hammer out the quirk before it goes up
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After observing you ingame and based on feedback above, I will have to -1 as well. This is also an open notice to anyone reading that SEA playtime is not a valid nor reliable gauge of whether or not one checks all the required boxes to be accepted for this whitelist.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sincerely apologize for how long this application was open. It was made clear that we should've denied it a couple weeks ago, but human error and distractions got in the way I suppose. I personally don't want you as a synthetic right because of how I've seen you handle yourself as a Working Joe, and also for the reason that you sent out your story for revision, then just posted the app regardless of any input.

Acute summarized the application itself nicely, my greatest gripes are your synth being named your actual name, as well as the dialogue within the story hinting at something more human than what we're looking for.

Denied.
    Synthetic Senator