User Tag List

Thread: Implementing RTO pod as RO dispenser?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implementing RTO pod as RO dispenser?

I always see some pretty sweet idea here on the forum, but the question is, can you program it to the game and if so, how many ages will it take...Probably a lot.

But here is an idea I wish they would implement and I don't think it would take that much time to program (might be wrong of course):

OTs always had a problem delivering their explosives as there is no reliable way to do that. Before the drop, you can thow them to DS, that works.

After the drop how ever you are screwed:

- Drop it to DS with the second drop, only a handful or late joiners will have it and it's questionable if it ever reaches the front as the main force might be too far and lurkers/runners might gib the guy before he even reaches them.

- Drop it with a crate VIA req or push the crate on DS. Once it's opened at LZ, bravo will bag it, so there is automatically 50% chance xenos never even reach LZ in a round, and even if they reach it, it will be extremely difficult to use a maxcap to protect LZ without doing some serious FF and damage to cades.

- If they put it in a bag, nobody will notice it. Only one schmuch who will take it all for themself and might or might not use 1 before dying to FF or to a lurker or get capped with all the nades on his back, going all to waste again.

- OT delivering personally is the more reliable, but in my experience, OTs simply don't do it. They have to get permission deploy and they have to survive running to the front. With all that, they are wasting their time on this and not on making more explosives.

Hence we very rarely see any OT explosives used, even if they are made in virtually every single round.

My suggestion is, to use the existing RTO pods as a kind of dispenser, same as the one in Almayer's medical chemist room (top left of medbay) where chemists are giving out chems to medics are round start.

Basically, OT should be able to load up a pod with let's say 10 nades. RTO/RO should be able to call down said pod and every marine should be able to take 1 OT nade each, same way as they are only able to take 1 ceramic or metal plate each and no more.

This would solve the dispensing problem completely and I'm sure it would add an RP element also as different roles would have to communicate to make this happen.

Would be nice to see the same with some ammo packs also. Like I wish ROs could add boxes of ammo to the pods that only the RTO can remove. So instead of dropping a crate on top of the head of the marines and waiting for someone to place it all ammo boxes to the ground, it would be the RTOs job to do that. Taking responsibility would mean that it would get done and in my opinion it would add RP as well.

Thought devs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be cool if RTOs could call supply drops from various bits of the ship.

Need medical equipment? Medical staff can load up a bit of shit into squad pads in medical.
    Need guns ammo / random REQ shit? Req packs it up and the RTO can call the pod instead of SCREEECHING at CIC to launch X Y Z Pad at ??? cords.
    OT has custom rockets / nades? OH BOY, OT has a pad for that shit too!

TLR what you said but expanded upon a bit more. Still you can always send supplies to the front line, you just need someone with a rangefinder to actually stop shooting for 10 seconds and get the supplies they need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I already discussed this idea on discord a few times. I'd love to see req supply drops be done by RTO pods. The other departments can just deliver their stuff to req.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RTO delivering RO pod sound perfectly reasonable.
    idk.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah just give each department a main chute to req, and let one RTO access tech pods and the other access req pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty close to what I want in my post actually. RTO pod can be a really good to deliver some supplies when Requisitions is understaffed.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not just good for when the requisition is understaffed, it is extremely precise and you can also kill a marine while you're at it. 10/10 for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1+ this