User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding the most recent Almayer changes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the most recent Almayer changes

So to preface this I'll quickly summarize the most recent changes to the ships layout
    -The brig/MP office has been moved from the mid lower deck to the bow of the upper deck.
    -Medbay has been expanded and some equipment has been moved around
    -Bunks have been moved from east of squad preps to west of squad preps
    -Maintenance now has ladders 4 ladder to go between decks, and is 2 tiles wide (mostly)

Most of these changes range from benign such as medbay getting expanded and refurnished, to weird: Why are the two medbay vendors now in two different rooms? For what reason is maintenance now chock full of lattices? The lattices would perhaps add some atmosphere to maintenance if they didn't have sudden and sharp L bends very often which look awkward and out of place. There are even small details in maint now with some overhead pipes having burst leading to small puddles, but once these puddles are examined the puddle will display the same description as a regular sink. The aforementioned pipes are merely called "structure" and often just end midair, the details added for aesthetic purposes have made the whole thing awkward to look at, which is the opposite of what details are supposed to do.

But more importantly than any of this is: Why is the military police at the bow of the upper deck? Not only does this make transporting rowdy marines who cause trouble in the lower deck a 4 minute affair, but the design itself is also mindboggling. Any prisoners arrested will now have to pass by the bridge meaning the command staff will have a far larger chance of getting bothered by angry rebellious marines, which (rp wise) is also confusing seeing as there's always been a severe divide between enlisted personnel and officers on ships.
    The relocation of the brig is not an issue by itself, personally I think the brig could be moved from the previous location to instead be behind the bridge (conference room at the bow, then bridge, then brig, PO office in the hangar or moved further back) as that would really reinforce a divide between officers and enlisted. But then again this would still result in the previous transportation problems, as anything more than a minute of transport time is essentially unacceptable, the brig didn't have to be moved.

In the end I really don't see the point of the whole update, the CMP office getting moved to upper deck is nice but it really does not outweigh everything else.
    I do love the maintenance lore paper scraps though, really great addition.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A two tile wide maintenance kinda removes the point of 'maintenance' and I think it's a dumb change. Everything else is cool though, medical is cool, and new brig can defend against mutinys easier.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the reason brig got moved is that it needed an expansion bad, but there was no space for it to expand into in its old spot. The 3 cells it had just weren't enough, now there's plenty more. it also makes jailbreaks considerable harder, since there's only 1 direction the brig can be approached from.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to think they moved MP stuff because they were sick and fucking tired of delta shooting the walls and a locker to steal a fucking MP headset / beret. Even though this is completely wrong lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    A two tile wide maintenance kinda removes the point of 'maintenance' and I think it's a dumb change.
    Wholeheartedly agree on this. Maintenance hallways are supposed to be cramped, as it's a non-often-used area where all the pipes and maintenance stuff goes to keep it out of the way of the wide open spacious hallways of the rest of the ship. There was zero need for this change, as the hallways were fine as they were.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameplay > Lore/Feel/whatever, so 2x2 maintenace is good. Who cares that its "supposed" to feel cramped? Marines aren't supposed to be so fat that they can't fit both in the same tunnel where fricking giant dinosaur that the Queen is can.

1x1 hallways are broken for many reasons. Queen can camp inside for eternity, you can't do shit, you can't dodge neuro. If you are not fire immune, then marine with flamer also can camp there. 2x2 maintenance is a quality of life improvement.
    1x1 hallways are just easy way for sweaty fucks to cheese the game and get kill, or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, breaking people out of brig just got a lot harder. No more c4'ing into it from north or south.

You can get to brig via the tankbay ladders so you don't have to pass through CIC, too. But yeah it does make moving arrested marines around more of a pain.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the new execution spot, because as CE I can build a disposals pipe into space so MPs can execute people via spacing them.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Authorized methods of execution are either Firing Squad (handled by MPs and the Captain) or Lethal Injection (handled by the CMO). :troll:

wasnt there like, 1 perma cell and 1 standard cell added only? what an expansion, wowie. imo all this does is reinforce usage of checkpoint outposts near briefing, which I think is a good thing, but they're even weaker to the unga hordes now, as theres no big brig there. Which means mutineers can get ahold of the entire ship except CIC much easier. And if you don't have CIC as a mutineer, you weren't gonna have the new brig anyway. As CIC is in front of it. My mutiny tactics will still be to attack from the [REDACTED] area and c4 into [REDACTED]. This comment has been edited to ensure prosperity to the Ungatopian Army. (sister army of the great and loyal Cargonian Army)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    My mutiny tactics will still be to attack from the [REDACTED] area and c4 into [REDACTED]. This comment has been edited to ensure prosperity to the Ungatopian Army. (sister army of the great and loyal Cargonian Army)
    Ah a man of good taste and quality I see, very nice ZAB.