User Tag List

Thread: How To Properly Use the CM Forums

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Properly Use the CM Forums

No doubt you are new or an existing member. You come in and you have some questions...how do I make a good forum post? How do you start one that gets people to reply? How do I stand out in the community? Am I fat? I got questions I need answered.

No problem, today we will look into your problems.

Hi, I am Casada_Radio. You might know me from my obviously successful Forum threads from the serious discussions but mostly in Acid Goop. I own the 2nd highest viewed thread in the CM Forums rivalling only to Jamie's Staff member forum thread under Announcement.

The amount of quality articulation in my threads make them soo good that can make the likes of CABAL and TheSoldierLLJK jealous, unlike just bragging about my post count.

So this proves I very much know how to use the forums with the utmost competency, even in staff reports.

What is the CM Forum?
    -------------------------------------------------
    No doubt you are going to hear a lot of sugar coated wishy washy statement that the forum is a place for the community to discuss about the game changes and the like. Dont believe a single word they say as the Forum is nothing like that. The CM forum is all about asserting your dominance and telling others that you are right and they are wrong. Every post and every thread is about this. Dont believe me? Just read all the threads even in the Report section. Even this guide is about that. It proves I am right and you are wrong. What am I right about? The forum is about 'I am right and you are wrong'. If you disagree? You are wrong, please read this post to get wronged and get rekt.

The topic can vary from Marine, MP and Xeno biasness to staff incompetency, player incompetency, game is broken, game sucks, Roleplay, etc. In fact Roleplay is the hottest topic to date since the community argues about it for about 4 years on what roleplay is despite the wiki saying that the server is Medium RolePlay. This s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶E̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ have excellent command of English, PhD in logic and common sense, and they are coming out here to flex on others the superiority of their opinions and their views.

Being nice is not welcomed here as they generate the least amount of replies and views and is the community's way of calling you bald. Note that most activities are generated through essay generated arguments extending several threads. This especially includes the controversial ones.

How Do I Become A Good CM Poster
    Step one is to pick a good controversial subject. The current hot-topic is Roleplay. You can also pick marine, mp and xeno biasness, call out staff incompetency, Whitelist Sucks, Frozen is a Jannie, etc.

From there you expand it into an incredibly large essay extending between 3-7 paragraphs. The longer the better as a long well structured essay tends to show that you are incredibly smart and the only person that can outargue you is someone who can do the same with longer paragraphs. If they do that prepare for a fight cause this guy can definitely type. Otherwise, you exhaust the other person just by making them read your stuff. If they argue back just tell that nerd to re-read what you said and call him out for not reading.

Remember, good vocabulary and grammar shows you is super smart and they are no match for you. Whats even better is if you continue replying to people in the same thread to flex on others and utterly dominate their views with your own showing that you are indeed right and they are wrong. Forum is not all about good friendly productive and constructive discussion. Forum is war, and its all about whos right and whos wrong.

Some Good Pointers
    I would like to end this on a few good notes:
    1. Forum post count matters, it shows your ability and readiness to utterly destroy someone in the forums. If you see someone with 1600 forum post, you better be ready to meet with 2000 forum post cause you in for a fight. Otherwise, weirdos with 2 forum post gonna lose out.

2. There are racial bonuses, yes they exist and unless you are part of the following races you are considered a minority:
    a. Canadian
    b. Pollack(Or Polish)
    c. Mall Cop

3. Facts you must accept, if you cant accept them then you cant be a giga forumposter and will struggle to pick a topic in the forums:
    a. Staff is always incompetent
    b. Players are always retarded
    c. The server is xeno biased
    d. Roleplay is ambiguous
    e. Staff and Player report is truly a place where you shine as a person
    f. The game is never balanced
    g. Feweh is always scheming
    h. Delta Squad is the best squad
    i. Xenos cant Roleplay
    j. Devs always will mess the game up, no matter what update they bring because they are devs
    k. Controversial Topics make the best forum topics to talk about

4. In the event you feel that words cannot win, make a video about it. 30 minute video is the minimum and you need a graph to explain it. Here is one such example

See you next week Cheng.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but you forgot to add the 'this staff member was trying their best with an event idea, which means the report is denied, sorry'. silly cheng