User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceyella - Rule 10, Rule 11

Ceyella
    You used lethals on XO he was complaining he was about to die before the CMO/pal got him.
    I took a weapon off a off ship antag that illegally boarded to size CIC/attack marines this is the same as taking weapons off UPP, your an outside hostile force.
    I command announced a warning you should have seen that we were considering you shoot on sight.
    The video shows me try to secure the prisoner who resist, weird how without him communicating you knew exactly which cell to blow into
    There was no backup it was just me as far as MP goes and my only other helper CO said he was handling something.
    The marine was able to stand up anytime I got close to him to take him prisoner as he had buckshot I kept having to run away so yes I shot him again he was going rogue to attack brig with random off ship raiders it’s extremely common in CM for marines who do such things + mutiny to go down and get revIved.

Event Manager
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually speak up on complaints, but this one seems especially weak to me.

You were, by your own apparent evidence and statement a 3rd faction boarding party that had already in some way taken action against the USCM. You were literally in the process of blowing up a chunk of the brig with C4 (a lethal tool) when the CMP saw you place the C4 and engaged you; and you were armed with weapons that no one but yourself had any way of knowing were non-lethal unless they 1) had been shot by them, and 2) had the state of mind in the fight to recognize that it were a non-lethal round to have been hit by. For context any MP using beanbags gets written off when marines turn around and shoot them with lethals because of their similarity to slugs.

MP's may be permitted to use lethal force when lethal force is used against them or the crew of the ship, or if the life of their prisoners are threatened, or if non-lethals are inefficient to subdue the threat at hand (usually in reference to targets immune or resistant to stuns).

Your video shows that a block of C4 was placed on a cell in the brig with the prisoner in it. The CMP specifically is allowed to use and authorized the other MP's to use lethal force in this instance. Using the biggest gun they have available, especially when up against an 1) unknown force, or in this case in fact 2) a force of multiple, armed persons, is not inappropriate. Blue alert level is irrelevant to this complaint as you were clearly at this point a hostile third party on board the ship and the alert level could have or should have been red but for the inability/inaction/unawareness/incompetence of the CIC.

Should the CMP have stopped shooting once targets were down and could be taken into custody? Maybe; but it's hard to want to crack down on that when there were still people up and fighting with them, and when it is just as likely that any of the persons now engaged would get up and shoot back as soon as they could given the opportunity.

It appears to me that you do not have basis in fact for a for improper escalation of force in this complaint based on your account of what happened and the video you provided.

This is merely an opinion, not a ruling on the complaint.
    Last edited by Jerkface00; 04-11-2021 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added inability to reasons why cic might not have made it red alert

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface00 View Post
    Blue alert level is irrelevant to this complaint as you were clearly at this point a hostile third party on board the ship and the alert level could have or should have been red but for the inability/inaction/unawareness/incompetence of the CIC.
    Small clarification here:

If you look at the video provided as evidence during the entire situation in the brig the alert level is in fact RED. (Triggered by ARES upon launching Alamo with xenos aboard) Its true that based on the statements given about previous actions of this group the alert level should have already been at least blue long before for this exact situation (the CMP shooting) the alert level is RED.

Not that this matters much for reasons specified above i just feel it should be clarified.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish to withdraw this report.
    After watching the video again and thinking how I would had reacted. I understand how they reacted

Ceyella
    I wish for the report to stay, because
    1. You used mine and windhealers private messages as evidence, so I strongly believe he put you upto this, staff knows it, and most of the players know it but we will all act like that’s not the case.
    2. I strongly believe the dev broke the rules, being a cal center director is one thing but he directly boarded the ship himself and then himself decided to attack CIC because he wanted to try and power trip.

The only reason you want this report closed is because windhealer is worried his dev buddy that consistently over several rounds spawns him in as pizza man so he can do whatever he wants and hide behind being an off ship antag, then say no no I’m WY! When things goes south is worth investigating.

And lastly the point of this report is made, several random players have begun harassing me in game because HAHA SHITTY MP!! Which is exactly what you and windhealer wanted. the video is massively out of context.

I’ve been around CM for a LONG time and I know how these things work and I know how the metagangs work. I don’t appreciate this attack on my reputation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyella View Post
    I wish for the report to stay, because
    1. You used mine and windhealers private messages as evidence, so I strongly believe he put you upto this, staff knows it, and most of the players know it but we will all act like that’s not the case.
    2. I strongly believe the dev broke the rules, being a cal center director is one thing but he directly boarded the ship himself and then himself decided to attack CIC because he wanted to try and power trip.

The only reason you want this report closed is because windhealer is worried his dev buddy that consistently over several rounds spawns him in as pizza man so he can do whatever he wants and hide behind being an off ship antag, then say no no I’m WY! When things goes south is worth investigating.

And lastly the point of this report is made, several random players have begun harassing me in game because HAHA SHITTY MP!! Which is exactly what you and windhealer wanted. the video is massively out of context.

I’ve been around CM for a LONG time and I know how these things work and I know how the metagangs work. I don’t appreciate this attack on my reputation.

First off, the reason I spawned myself as director is the same reason I spawn a gladiator body to push the buttons when i run t dome duels, it’s for convenience. If I didn’t spawn myself I could’ve and would’ve done everything the same but it would’ve been a major pain in ass to say, pm the pizza guys every time someone calls for a pizza rather than just fucking tell them over the radio. The focus of the event was the pizza guy(s). Also I really don’t see how shooting 4 people in Cic with a tranquilizer (something I would’ve just had dreven or someone else do if I had done the director thing) is “power tripping” I went out of my way to make sure nobody got griefed (unless you consider a 6 second stun major griefing).

Secondly, I’ve done this event twice and only one time dreven was spawned in, it was the round you’re being reported for. I asked for volunteers in dchat and he spoke up so I spawned him in and gave him a funny name. Me being friends with dreven has absolutely nothing to do with him being picked for the event, I can’t recall ever doing any event related things with dreven before or after this so you’re legit making things up.

I did the event because I thought it would be fun for everyone involved, if you didn’t enjoy it I’m sorry. The reason I did things the way I did was to make the event more enjoyable and memorable. Pretending I’m in cahoots with dreven to grief you or something isn’t gonna do much.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to remind you, that, first of all you broke Marine Law in AT LEAST 3 Different ways, first of all you disobeyed direct orders from your direct superior, in the case being me who was the CO during the round, after i explicitly told you to put the Mateba in the evidence locker, which i can confirm, you didn't do, evem despite being ordered to in person, which is already an Insubordination Charge. Second of all, you shouldn't even be using the Mateba, its not "loot from an enemy" as you stated, it was evidence regarding a conflict that happened during the round, yet you disobeyed and took it anyway, if anything that's a Contraband charge on the list. LASTLY you literally murdered them, i'd even consider it an unlawful execution with what you did, rather than incapacitating them and cuffing them, you unloaded an entire cylinder on one of the Pizza Guys, which is more than overkill with explosive ammo, you could have literally shot them twice and be done with it, BUT NOPE, you decided that they had to die, something for which i'd like to remind you, you don't even have the authority for as a CMP. Lethal Force is meant to be used to INCAPACITATE not to KILL the subject, unless there is actively no other option, which believe me, there was, that could be considered MURDER or an UNLAWFUL EXECUTION for christ's sakes. Lastly, you could have used ANY weapon you had in the brig armory, but nope, you decided to specificlly go for the Mateba, while having Flashbangs, Tear gas and MK221 Shotguns. This isn't proper behaviour for a CMP by any means and you shouldn't have escalated like that.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs that were asked for by management:

CO telling the CMP to store the mateba/other items in the brig, with CMP's acknowledgement.

Spoiler Spoiler:

say logs leading up to the shooting/breakout attempt at brig

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP using the HE Mateba after the above.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If any other logs are requested they will be added then.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 04-23-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO did indeed order for the Mateba to be evidence that is a ML violation for the CMP, plus it was already considered evidence as well so another ML violation. The usage of lethals I am okay with, given that they quite literally blew up the brig with C4 and was hostile.

Ceyella will be getting a 24 hour ban for this Marine Law violation, resolved.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present