Date of Incident
    April 10, 2021

Your Character Name?
    I was ghosted at the time

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    HeartlessArtless

Accused Character Name
    Satomi 'Uno' Nishiyama

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    9 PM CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO Council Rulings

Description of the incident:
    Captain Satomi posted a very LRP announcement at the end of the round, promoting a player's youtube in it. This violates the CO council ruling on announcements not being LRP.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    I would heavily warn them since this is very memey and unacceptable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't really have much to say here. I did post that announcement and I thought it'd be funny to do so after I was asked by the marine in question to promote his youtube channel after he had killed the queen that round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I have had time to look back and dwell on what I did, I want to point out that CO rulings state, "Announcements are to be informative to some extent, or in some way benefit marines. They are not for LRP remarks, or OOC information." The CO Council ruling doesn't specifically state that posts cannot be LRP so long as it conveys information or benefits marines. I understand what I posted may be considered LRP by some people but I did so to make a 'Queen dead. Find the rest and clean up.' announcement a little more funny and praise the PFC. Murphy Major in the process. The announcement though most of it being the remark of Murphy Major's 'old youtube channel' still provided the two key points I wished to convey to the marines. The Queen being dead and to start searching for what remained of the hive. As a side note I also did not promote the players actual Youtube nor do I know if they even have one.

If council does decides to dish out punishment for something this minor, I think a heavy warning would be far too much and would simply prefer a normal warning given that this is a rather small issue.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After going over this with the council, we've deduced that this isn't a valid whitelist issue that deserves a punishment, and doesn't break CO guidelines enough to warrant a warning or any punitive action taken against the accused.

The announcement being LRP is subjective but we don't find it a good reason to punish a player over for something so minor, especially since the announcement did contain useful information and it was a simple quip.

Denied - No WL action will be taken.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump