5 9.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hive memory's a dumb idea, here's why from a beno main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think gen. consensus is it should be limited to below T3.

I don't really agree with the arguments here that it shouldn't apply to T2, but here's a possible suggestion:
    If you come back as a T1, you lose one maturation level. If you come back as a T2, you lose two maturation levels.

Meaning that if you die as a Mature Lurker, you have lost your progress just as if you'd died as a Young Lurker. To come back as T2 you must at least survive to elder/ancient.

I mean, you could even apply this to T3s (meaning they'd lose 3 levels, in other words they'd have to make ancient) and that would potentially be somewhat balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    Although I will say that I'm still a big fan of just flattening the power curve, make young better and ancient weaker so that waiting to mature has less meaning. I'm also assuming that the way Hive Memory works here means you can't evolve to your old self (if you were a T3) if there are no T3 slots open, if that's wrong ignore my scenario.
    This is the actual necessary balance change needed that the dev team keeps dancing around and ignoring while throwing ANYTHING else they can think of at xenos.

Make young xenos stronger, make elder/ancient weaker.
    Make T1's fun again

There. Actual balance that doesn't break the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    don't really agree with the arguments here that it shouldn't apply to T2, but here's a possible suggestion:
    There is only one reason to have hive memory: Because T1/young xenos are weak.

The solution is to make T1/young xenos not weak. The solution is not to give players a free ride to Overpowered town because they played since roundstart and marines didn't manage to ungarush and win within 40 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    There is only one reason to have hive memory: Because T1/young xenos are weak.

The solution is to make T1/young xenos not weak. The solution is not to give players a free ride to Overpowered town because they played since roundstart and marines didn't manage to ungarush and win within 40 minutes.
    Exactly. Why add a complicated and likely problematic "solution" (that will probably have to be reverted at some point, after xenos received a bunch of nerfs to "compensate") when there's a much simpler solution (tweaking stats)? Doubly so if Hive Memory only applies to T1s because honestly that's really, really pointless when you could just make Young T1s (and Youngs in general) stronger...

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The hive memory idea was primarily implemented for new-er xeno players as a way for them to feel less disappointed when they die.

However there is a current pressing issue of "too good xeno players" that will just use this system to "win more"

We don't want to punish good players, and even less we want to hurt newer players. So I feel that this change will greatly hurt newer marine players and can cause more issues than it resolves.

We will try to implement a better progression for xenos in the future instead (MattAtlas's idea)

Thanks for your feedback

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I feel like my bitching did something. Its a miracle

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    It's an universally agreed fact that dev team is a bunch of selfish idiots that doesn't listen to player feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like maintaining your number through death and being able to talk freely about your previous life experiences, but being able to insta jump back to being a mature T3 from a larvae was a bit much.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    This is it! It takes confirmed beno main to bitch about beno "feature", to get it "removed".
    By this analogy: Be a confirmed marine main and bitch about marine "feature".

All those months of talking, writing, typing and salt... Everything can be cut to just that. I will tell you few ideas for removing few beno features, so you can post it. Then you should tell me about marine stuff that needs to be removed and Bang! Everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dauntasa View Post
    I do like maintaining your number through death and being able to talk freely about your previous life experiences, but being able to insta jump back to being a mature T3 from a larvae was a bit much.
    Becouse of "magic" (And lets just face it: Staff takes hivemind as something with magic powers, instead like ants hivemind) hivemind, you can do it freely. You can speak about everything you don't even experienced IC, becouse hivemind knows everything. You can even discuss contents of food vendors in Almayer, why? Because Hivemind.
    Last edited by CABAL; 02-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    This is it! It takes confirmed beno main to bitch about beno "feature", to get it "removed".
    By this analogy: Be a confirmed marine main and bitch about marine "feature".
    What? I hope you actually don't think we only listen to Xeno mains because that's an utterly ridicolous idea and I have no idea how you concocted this.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...