User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overpowered things that need to be nerfed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overpowered things that need to be nerfed

What are the things you think ruin the fun, due to them being overpowered?

For me it's the acid runners. Lately they activate, wait 15 seconds, queen screeches or boiler gases, they run in, wait and explode. You really can not shoot it even once to kill them and they WILL instakill you from 100% HP with ceramic plates (not sure if even matters but still). I'm not talking about being dropped or critically injured or even critted and faint, I'm talking about literally dying instantly.....and 10 other marines also.

This is one of those things that people, including me was just saying that "just shoot it, only has like 200 HP, takes 1 PB" or just place some claymores. Sounds good on paper.

But when I died to this 3 times in a day and there was literally NOTHING I could do about it to prevent a death from a weak T1 xeno, I think it's overpowered.

One time we even had reinforced cades with 2 sentries, an M56d, I had 2x scope and flares. We saw the queen coming. Took about 5 seconds to walk up from the corner. Soon as she screeched, the runner came out, waited 2 seconds and exploded while we were in a stun. Result: 8+ dead marine, entire cadeline deleted.

Skill needed: Queen press 1 button. T1 press on button.

Hardly a TGMC combo with 7 castes each pressing 5 button to decimate a cadeline. I'm sure I am not the only one thinking this as dozens of others died with me by instakill.

This is one of those things that were an oversight of the devs. I don't mind instakill mechanics....as long as I can counter it. Be it a queen or double lurker or as a xeno sadar, mortar, OT long timer nades or clays hidden under textures, 5 marines with B8 I don't care, I can manage it. But 1 weak T1 that only have to AFK for 20 minutes than press a button? Impossible.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first off, neither ceramic (anti bullet) nor metal (anti melee) plates will protect you from acid rouny.

second off, it takes a runner gaining enough acid though surviving fights to get xenocide, and knowing when and where to explode to coordinate with queen, who makes herself vulnerable by stunning a handful of marines on the frontlines, who has to hope no competent marines are capable of pressuring them and pushing them away from wounded. Even if they both succeed and kill a few marines, acid doesn't cause much permanent damage (except organ damage I think) and thus will be quickly revived by any medics on the frontline.

If you expect a queen screech soon, simply get back behind the very first line, or preempt it with a shot of keloderm, which will heal you really quickly if you do get rouney'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Railgun tech.

Basically makes any FOB by the xenos (or any weeds and walls) essentially worthless once researched. It needs to be far more limited in scope and frequency. It's not a huge threat to an active player as is, which just means that it will instagib any braindead xeno (or xeno observing somewhere else), human corpses left behind etc. Frankly I don't think its current iteration is fixable. Right now it's just a constant stream that removes any and all weeds and walls in the play area right up to the hive, makes observing anyone for more than 5 seconds even far from the frontline a life and death prospect, but if weakened, I can't imagine anyone bothering to take it as a tech given how far in advance it broadcasts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Sett View Post
    The Railgun tech.

Basically makes any FOB by the xenos (or any weeds and walls) essentially worthless once researched. It needs to be far more limited in scope and frequency. It's not a huge threat to an active player as is, which just means that it will instagib any braindead xeno (or xeno observing somewhere else), human corpses left behind etc. Frankly I don't think its current iteration is fixable. Right now it's just a constant stream that removes any and all weeds and walls in the play area right up to the hive, makes observing anyone for more than 5 seconds even far from the frontline a life and death prospect, but if weakened, I can't imagine anyone bothering to take it as a tech given how far in advance it broadcasts.
    I kinda agree with you there; railgun needs a bit of a nerf. It's purpose is to clear chokes to allow marines to push. It does this by physically destroying walls and weeds (you only see walls in railgun view, no sprites or items though you can see gibs and blood) and by forcing xenos to clear the area or they get hit hard. The way they do this is fine; you get a large, visible warning for 11 seconds before it explodes so if you die to it, it's your fault. However, the aspect that needs to be nerfed is its volume of fire or more specifically its regen rate of ammo. If you increased the time it takes for each shell to cooldown, you make it less of a never ending barrage while keeping its ability to clear stalemates and chokes.
    Last edited by Bob_Vancleave; 04-16-2021 at 03:10 AM. Reason: i made a typo :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get 2 railguns total. 10 round magazine. 11 seconds for impact once fired. You get a shell every 15 seconds back into the magazine. Its literally the most obvious JTAC tool in the game about it's warnings. It should probably take a little bit longer to get the shells back though. I'd say you have to purchase more ammo from the techweb, and it would probably be a large reserve of it too. But there is a lot of shit marines have to buy from techweb now, so you're getting t3 techs by almost the 2 hour mark, which is a bit much. And xenos get it hella faster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acid rooooner isnt OP.

Just shoot it bro,,,,,
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know if you play xenos or not but the railgun completely nullifies any kind of defencive structures outside of the HiveNode, Pylons being able to block it is the only way it can be balanced tbh. Hivelord can spend 10 min building up a area just for the railgunner to fire 4 shots in 10 seconds to destroy it all, its really broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we just had another round on LV that was a decent fight until railgun just outright deleted everything from nexus to hive in under 10 minutes. Marines just walked along behind it.
    It needs a far longer cooldown, back to a T3 tech, or preferably a limited number of uses.
    Again, it's not about whether it kills xenos or not. The threat of it and the fact that it wipes out walls and weeds in a 5x5 without end is OP enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcolyteOfLight17 View Post
    I dont know if you play xenos or not but the railgun completely nullifies any kind of defencive structures outside of the HiveNode, Pylons being able to block it is the only way it can be balanced tbh. Hivelord can spend 10 min building up a area just for the railgunner to fire 4 shots in 10 seconds to destroy it all, its really broken.
    cool

its a counter to resin hugging
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    cool

its a counter to resin hugging
    Dude its a counter to the entire mechanic of building for xenos, imagine if xenos got a new boiler strain that insta destroys cades from anywhere across the map.