User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overpowered things that need to be nerfed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Railgun could fire way too many blasts for it to be reasonable as a T2 tech, its getting nerfed so yea
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you guys only move it to T2 because "Stims op" cried every xeno and their mother? Wasn't the intent to move it back to t3 once stims were 'fixed'?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also shutoff the railgun after DS lands, they can hit about anywhere with it and cause similar issues as OB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreydis View Post
    Didn't you guys only move it to T2 because "Stims op" cried every xeno and their mother? Wasn't the intent to move it back to t3 once stims were 'fixed'?
    At the rate things are being pushed back to the point of not being used with the Marine tech web side, Xenos are going to be the only ones with tech web stuff available before people are happy.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Railguns reload time is doubled now. Currently, I think that the tech that needs nerf is Medic CZSP. Its just too good for its contents and its usability is unmatched by Engi CZSP and maybe even to Armor Plates. Maybe buffing Engi CZSP can work too but I'm not sure about it. We've come to a point where 99% of the time, CiC just buys Armor Plates and Medic CZSP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    Well, Railguns reload time is doubled now. Currently, I think that the tech that needs nerf is Medic CZSP. Its just too good for its contents and its usability is unmatched by Engi CZSP and maybe even to Armor Plates. Maybe buffing Engi CZSP can work too but I'm not sure about it. We've come to a point where 99% of the time, CiC just buys Armor Plates and Medic CZSP.
    We were talking about this in the other thread. Armor plates should be a T2-T3 tech it has no business being a T1. It seems that people simply don't understand how OP it is.

A ceramic plate can take 2 hits and literally every single marine can take it. Now when 100 marines land that is 200 hits xenos have to make just to nullify it and start to damage them.

While medic med is good, armor plates just save you 200 hits worth of damage, time, materials. Marines are not in crit, they are fighting xenos. Medics are not bogged down, they can hold off harassers at the back line for the first few minutes, due to marines being uninjured because of plates. I don't think people understand just how much damage is 200 correctly clicked attacks divided between those 20 xenos with all the movement and cades involved. They practically giving marines a 10-20 minute window where they take no damage, how ever you translate armor plates.

Medic upgrade is good. But there is no need for medic upgrade if nobody is injured and xenos are dead.

As for engi upgrade, yes they are weak. For a starter, we won't always have all the engis joined (same true for medics and NOT true for plates making it the strongest). Than take 1-2 engis who will die due to harassers or other. Take 1 or 2 who will be at LZ, making his turret only useful when xenos attacking LZ, that is 90% marines already lost when that happens. And yes they can give their turrets away, but 90% won't do it.

So now you bought a tech, that on paper -as usual - sounds good, but in game, totally useless. Xenos realistically are facing 1-2 upgraded sentries and that's all as the front lines constantly move and one mistake, that sentry is gone. Especially when they have boilers, gas it, run in, destroy it.

Now you lost your turret, the whole tech went to sheit. Literally no point taking this when you can give EVERY single marine a ceramic plate. This should not be even a techweb. This should be in the engi vendor for 30 point and they can take it if they want, it's that weak in real game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post

If you expect a queen screech soon, simply get back behind the very first line, or preempt it with a shot of keloderm, which will heal you really quickly if you do get rouney'd
    You make it sounds too complicated. Can't even image how would you describe driving a car.

Since than I tried it plenty. I either AFK, only moving every 4 min so they wont take my xeno or just mess around at hive. Why risk it. 20 minutes is nothing, since marines land at that time and no sane runner would go even near the frontline at the initial push when all marines have 100% HP, special ammo and nades. Obviously you wait until they used up their special limited gear.

Now as for the "just stand back", easy to heal...yeah no. Once I exploded on the screech or gas (and as I said...wasn't hit even once) the cade lines were deleted instantly and marines instakilled.

Guess what is behind marines that were just decimated? Yip, a bunch of unconscious marines with no guns and some medics trying to revive....and a Queen and a few T3s walking up to them with no resistance.

Every single time after a good hit we took it and marines went perma. They could never recover as you killed their fighters. If marines don't have reserves, this meant end of round. So I as a sh*tty little T1 with no effort just won the round by pressing one button. Well it's not just my opinion didn't change but it's even worse than I though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcolyteOfLight17 View Post
    Dude its a counter to the entire mechanic of building for xenos, imagine if xenos got a new boiler strain that insta destroys cades from anywhere across the map.
    >trapper boiler strain exists

>"its a counter to a building mechanic"

loling
    Last edited by AlbertBlackwell; 04-17-2021 at 01:54 PM. Reason: shut up
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    >trapper boiler strain exists

>"its a counter to a building mechanic"

loling
    To be frank to this day not sure why people say trapper is better in any way. Never had a single problem with them even as a regular frontline engi, they don't bother me at all.

Now on the other hand the normal gas boiler oooh boy. When I see one I simply refuse to cade and walk back to fortify the backlines as the front will automatically fell so if I fortify the back we won some times before they fell too. If not JTAC, they are unkillable.

As usual the are OP and they do break the game, especially when there is 2-3 boilers gassing. The only reason they did not cap max boiler numbers is it happens too rarely...but when 3 gas boilers happen..I just go shipside and get drunk as it's an automatic loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    To be frank to this day not sure why people say trapper is better in any way. Never had a single problem with them even as a regular frontline engi, they don't bother me at all.

Now on the other hand the normal gas boiler oooh boy. When I see one I simply refuse to cade and walk back to fortify the backlines as the front will automatically fell so if I fortify the back we won some times before they fell too. If not JTAC, they are unkillable.

As usual the are OP and they do break the game, especially when there is 2-3 boilers gassing. The only reason they did not cap max boiler numbers is it happens too rarely...but when 3 gas boilers happen..I just go shipside and get drunk as it's an automatic loss.
    gas boilers are annoying at best

trappers are a much more considerable threat
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell