User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overpowered things that need to be nerfed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Never had a single problem with them even as a regular frontline engi, they don't bother me at all.
    um who do you play? trapper boilers are literally the bane of engis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runner Tackle
    is currently OP.

Give runner more HP and more slash dammage so it can actualy be usefull, but
    please remove the ''auto-i-win-button'' that runner current tackle is.

The old runner tackle was not a literral ''auto-i-win-button'', and was just fine.

It is not fun to fight against runner who tackle you ONCE and bam your GG: brought to hive, nested with no counter...

(It is also not fun for runner to die from getting crit in one single PB from bs shotty with no counter, thats why they should get hp boost.)
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 04-17-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    um who do you play? trapper boilers are literally the bane of engis
    I know what you mean. But as an engi I never wear any armor. Flashlight in pocket, good to go. Always take agi implant. I always run like a poisoned rat so dodging a trapper is not a problem ever for me. But yeah they will damage cades, but I just repair them, really not an issue, unless they have spitters/praes also, but in that case I would be literally dead with a normal boiler as they would run into the gas and just spit me to death anyway.

And as a frontline engi, I constantly face boilers, maybe it's because of my high speed, but trappers are no prob for me....but as I said...2 gas boilers and I just ghost. Literally no point playing if xenos have an auto I win button with 0 skill needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    Runner Tackle
    is currently OP.
    I play plenty against and as a runner. They do have a great tackle but you have to keep a few things in mind.

Not sure if they did change something, but it used to be that you could survive a PB buck. Now days most of the time if they PB me from 230, aka full HP I get the stun, but he can either keep punching me to death or pull of an other PB while I'm stunned. This means that 1 click, you are dead. That's pretty hardcore if you ask me. With any other caste you can make mistakes, but with runner a small mistake and you are out for good.

Second, you can literally take NO damage. Ever noticed why a runner will keep tackling, attacking marines if they try to escape, but they always run away instantly you start shooting them? That's because if you start straying with an SMG and accidentally land 2 hits on the runner, he is down to 50% HP. Now 1 BP will most definitely kill it, even a lucky slug hit or something else. No runner will risk it. They are now forced to retreat to weeds and rest. Since they are harassers that means retreating faaaaar to the backlines so they are out for a few mins.

Now comes the praying part where you pray so a scout is not there because he can still kill you with throwing knife macros from 100% HP in about 1 second while remaining invisi. I guess devs play too much as scout so they let it be OP.

Also don't forget they won't attack 2 marines. Too much risk. You really have to be alone to provoke an attack from them.

Rant over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    I play plenty against and as a runner. They do have a great tackle but you have to keep a few things in mind.

Not sure if they did change something, but it used to be that you could survive a PB buck. Now days most of the time if they PB me from 230, aka full HP I get the stun, but he can either keep punching me to death or pull of an other PB while I'm stunned. This means that 1 click, you are dead. That's pretty hardcore if you ask me. With any other caste you can make mistakes, but with runner a small mistake and you are out for good.

Second, you can literally take NO damage. Ever noticed why a runner will keep tackling, attacking marines if they try to escape, but they always run away instantly you start shooting them? That's because if you start straying with an SMG and accidentally land 2 hits on the runner, he is down to 50% HP. Now 1 BP will most definitely kill it, even a lucky slug hit or something else. No runner will risk it. They are now forced to retreat to weeds and rest. Since they are harassers that means retreating faaaaar to the backlines so they are out for a few mins.

Now comes the praying part where you pray so a scout is not there because he can still kill you with throwing knife macros from 100% HP in about 1 second while remaining invisi. I guess devs play too much as scout so they let it be OP.

Also don't forget they won't attack 2 marines. Too much risk. You really have to be alone to provoke an attack from them.

Rant over.
    thats why i propose we boost HP and Attack dammage while removing the ''auto-win-tackle''. One-shot ''i win'' button is cheap, for both side.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats why i propose we boost HP and Attack dammage while removing the ''auto-win-tackle''. One-shot ''i win'' button is cheap, for both side.
    why are you alone lol

runners don't cap good players

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    runner dont cap. unless you're that guy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you if you want to trap and kill a runner, use claymores. Obviously you have to play runner to understand how they think, but all you have to do is hide at least 2 under textures with bait, which are typically medic backliners for me and make sure to have a gun in hand and stand in place where you can rush in to finish the kill while they are stunned.

The reason I say you have to play runner, because they will right click and see your claymores or you can trigger them without injury. But if they are distracted they will fall for the bait and with 2 you can chain reaction them to eat at least one. Take slugs or M44 heavy with B8, those 2 can finish them off pretty reliably.

Trust me runners are smaller issue than you think, they probably stalking 20 marines before going for one as they can see you further than you and they will turn off their night vision to see what marines see. If they are constantly going after you, you are making something that makes you look like a weak pray and they will mess with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    why are you alone lol

runners don't cap good players
    honestly i bitch about runners but at the same time i pretty much always kill a runner at least every other round if its not a couple. im usually the only one willing to pb it in a crowd or flame it. its just the 3 letter tags that spook me and you have to respect
    Last edited by ObsidianCrow; 04-20-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claymores are limited, don't actually kill runners either and it's completely possible for a runner to "Evade" the explosion, frankly runners are the pinnacle of fucked balance, they an't fun to go against and half of the community can't play'em due to them being lack dependent as hell, you can't buff or nerf them either, considering the direction cm is going atm they really need a rework.