User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Overpowered things that need to be nerfed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalattack View Post
    Claymores are limited, don't actually kill runners either and it's completely possible for a runner to "Evade" the explosion, frankly runners are the pinnacle of fucked balance, they an't fun to go against and half of the community can't play'em due to them being lack dependent as hell, you can't buff or nerf them either, considering the direction cm is going atm they really need a rework.
    Still not sure why are they causing trouble for you. It's a weak T1 that gets killed by a strong fart. For the claymores, since the squad room update exactly 100% of the time I could take at least 1 from the vendor. You can also access the other team's vendors. If for some miracle reason that is also empty, you can ask at req. If for some reason req don't want to give you (because they WILL have) ask OT. I would be really baffled if you could not get claymores. Even if someone hoarding them they will give you one if you ask. So let's just skip this part, you can get claymores easily.

Now as for runners evading it, maybe you didn't read my last reply. If you are a boneheaded marine and place it wide open in the middle of nowhere, of course they will evade it, all they have to do is jump over it. As in real life if you place a dark grey mine in the middle of a wide sandy field, of course everybody is going to see it. You are suppose to hide them like in real life. That's why I don't even consider it meta or bug that you can hide them (same way as xenos can acid traps) because you are supposed to. Use wood planks facing sides or lit flares north, empty flare box facing south to hide them. Also don't just plonk it down in the middle of nowhere. Even if they eat it, they will just walk back and heal. You are supposed to use your brain and you can most definitely can bait a runner to kill it.

Seriously it's a sh*tty T1 with no HP and low damage. All it has is speed, it's a scout if anything. Now lurkers on the other hand...oh boy those can break you arms with their first 2 hit if they get lucky with their ability and they are beefier. But runners, meh. Just a runner.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runner can outrun claymore explosion so as long as he doesn't stop moving all those "solutions" and "counters" to runners are worthless. Even the most macroed scout spec with throwing knifes won't hit runner who runs around on full speed all the time.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Runner can outrun claymore explosion so as long as he doesn't stop moving all those "solutions" and "counters" to runners are worthless. Even the most macroed scout spec with throwing knifes won't hit runner who runs around on full speed all the time.
    But if a runner never attacks then it's worthless. And if it does pounce you just PB it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    But if a runner never attacks then it's worthless. And if it does pounce you just PB it.
    I'm not arguing that runner is OP immortal, I'm arguing that runner isn't underpowered and he has means to evade all of those supposed "counters" with shotgun PB being one of them as you can see if marine has a shotgun on his sprite. He has that increased view range and darkness on his side just to spot a victim who can't PB it. But then you have benomains who want get out of the jail free card that would be runner surviving this PB to run away, heal and repeat this mistake till the round ends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not arguing that runner is OP immortal, I'm arguing that runner isn't underpowered and he has means to evade all of those supposed "counters" with shotgun PB being one of them as you can see if marine has a shotgun on his sprite. He has that increased view range and darkness on his side just to spot a victim who can't PB it. But then you have benomains who want get out of the jail free card that would be runner surviving this PB to run away, heal and repeat this mistake till the round ends.
    We are back to square one. Next 10 rounds take runner and stick with it. Try out all the things and you will see how they are. I might be totally biased, simply because I play both side and I know all the cooldowns and weaknesses that are really not obvious until you play them so I exploit them to the max when dealing with them. From the outside runners might look like they are unkillable. But I say try it. You will be the XX runner who dies in the first 5 minutes of marines deploying.

Anyway I don't think you are actually reading the replies here because you are back to the runners will outrun explosions. Yeah they might outrun YOUR explosion, but I guarantee your they wont outrun mine. And we are placing the same claymores.

Now I'm actually terrified you might be *THAT* marine who somehow always manage to FF with an OT rocket when every other sadar can kill the queen with the same exact weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ronner problematic:
    1/runner tackle is a cheap i win button.
    2/they dont have enough hp.
    3/they dont have enough dammge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runner is perfectly fine as is. If you're robust with runner, you can get solocaps on dumb marines. If you aren't you'll die to a PB. Plus, acid runner does exactly what you're talking about. Increases damage, increases health so you can survive (probably) a PB, and loses pounce, some speed, and extra view range.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    ... From the outside runners might look like they are unkillable. But I say try it. You will be the XX runner who dies in the first 5 minutes of marines deploying.
    I'm not arguing that runner is OP immortal...
    End of the making and then burning (with a righteous fury) a strawman.

Runner can easly evade every single "counter" by just running. The part of skill where it comes to the runner is to learn when, where, how and who to strike. As admemes said during last town hall - Git Gud.

Now I'm actually terrified you might be *THAT* marine who somehow always manage to FF with an OT rocket when every other sadar can kill the queen with the same exact weapon.
    Yes, I'm *THAT* marine who somehow uses Sadar as PFC with the same name since probably the first round ever, never playing under other name, never picking up spec kits, not playing anything planetside but PFC (and beno) for like 1.5 years, just leaving vital combat roles for min-maxing no-life powergamers.
    Last edited by CABAL; 04-21-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    ronner problematic:
    1/runner tackle is a cheap i win button.
    2/they dont have enough hp.
    3/they dont have enough dammge.

Increased minimum tackles of Runner from 3 to 4, slightly increased stuntime.
    Increased tackles needed for Burrower by 1, reduced chance from 50 to 40.
    Praetorians now gain 15 shield on acid spit hit, as a reward for hitting spits. Maximum 45 shield.
    Reduced tackle duration of runner.

tldr rooner nerfed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip
    Right claymore wise, you can one run straight through them and are pretty likely to not get hit,(depending on how the server feels) and pounce straight through them and are HIGHLY unlikely to get hit by the explosion, I an't talking about hiding them, anyone that's played for longer than a year should know that shit by now, and even if the claymore does connect dealing all it inglorious damage it alone will still not like the bloody runner, follow up is required, and a quick one as well.

Combat wise if you want to learn why I think runners are completely broken as fuck, play survivor and go against some of the early game rushing runners (like TKO or BOO if BOO is/was still around), It's DPS is anywhere far from low due to it's increased slash speed (22 slash damage + faster slash rate) and it can simply out manoeuvre most attacks, now I an't going to deny that runner is "Squishy" but it's squishiness is limited to being "One shot"(Buckshot or M39 burst) Otherwise you an't killing that runner.

Verses Marines this shit outperforms lurkers at their own job, It's pounce is way more spammable, it's vastly more mobile, if lurkers didn't have a slash reset, I'd honestly say it would likely outdamage lurker as well, Tackle just make people look at runner, but tackle was never the problem.

The main problem with runner is that you can't pick when to fight it, you don't engage the runner, the runner engages you, any other caste around either side can pick a fight at their choosing.