Personal InformationByond ID?
    Icy5

Marine Name
    Denholm Parkinson/DEN

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Godwyn

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    My synth quirk is that he is supposed to be sort of a religious advisor to marines on the ship as well as supposed to be a role model for what people should act like, Such as my synth will sometimes shout quotes from different religious books and scriptures when appropriate as well as not be able to do things such as curse, make inappropriate jokes, or anything like that.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synthetic as I think that it would be a unique role compared to almost any other and I feel like I hardly ever see many synths even though they can provide a lot of the experience of shipside staff and as well as fill roles that are needed such as, Field Surgeon, Req, Reloading OB and in extreme casing performing the duties of an SO in CiC such as informing squads who is where and any needed information. I believe I am a good candidate for the synthetic whitelist as I consider myself quite good at medical, engineering, and req which are often the most performed roles by synths as well as the unique experience I feel I could provide players as a survivor synth or a shipside synth.

Synthetic Character Story
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I've played MT quite a lot recently and CE a few times. I'm confident I could do anything asked of me from making a disposal gun to doing simple things like loading an OB or making a FOB. I also know how to do a few more unique things such as disposal roller coasters or cannons

How familiar are you with Command?
    I’ve been aCO on numerous occasions although I consider myself inexperienced in command in terms. I’ve played XO a lot more recently and am starting to like it more and am much more confident in what to say and what to do.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    This is probably the profession that I’m most experienced with as I have over 130 hours in medical experience, have taught most likely over 20 people basic and advanced things to do for medical, developed some easy to make recipes that max the amount of healing even though they take longer to make. Overall this is the role I'm MUCH more experienced in. I also could probably get vouches from a fair few medic mains and other players as to my ability in this catagory.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Played CT and RO a few times and am very familiar with what to put in a fob crate where different things in the vendors are and things like that. I also don’t mind doing solo req and can find it sort of fun.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    From my view synth is more of a reactionary character with the good and bad that come with it. The main drawback is your enemy usually gets the first hit which; Being reactionary means that I will not actively seek out combat but will retaliate with force if necessary, an example of this being if I am healing a marine and a runner decides to pounce or swipe at him or me in which case I am allowed to fight back but if the runner ceases his attack or runs away I am not allowed to chase very far at all. Although I wouldn't chase it at all and just rely on the marines or my HP pool to do the brunt of the work deterring it.

Another common example I see of synth combat being allowed would be in a delta alert where it specifically says that combat restrictions are removed in terms of being able to chase but It also says that your highest priority should be helping marines out and healing wherever possible before joining combat.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Yes

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nothing of note, any question I can answer in replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first: The story is good, although there are a few inconsistencies with spelling and some minor grammar errors, but not unreadable or confusing in any way. The quirk seems neat and I feel that it has a lot of opportunity for fun or interesting moments in a round. I have seen Icy as both an XO and Doctor and do well, and have seen him helping out with req, although I have personally not seen him as engineer. All in all a good app, and I think that Icy would be a great addition to the Synthetic whitelist.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a VC Main, I have seen him as doctor in the MED APC several times, meaning that he can actually do surgery and contribute to the round as a support role, he's worthy of the all skill role... +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen him around and is a very good person +1

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App is good, seen you ingame a fair bit and can attest to your ingame competence in all the required roles and confirm other people's vouches from here.

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Senior Administrator and Mentor Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to their technical competency they are up to par. They are especially good at doctor and medic, which is also their role i know them best in. They are a good solider generally keeping other medics safe from xenos, and a team player in the hive.

In regards to role-play they tend to have a fairly unique character. Their usual medic character is a bit more antagonistic to some of the minor laws as a consequence; but as a xeno they are well behaved, so it appears to be a character trait only.

They are well suited to be a survivor synth, and i think could do well as a ship-side synth too.

+1
    Last edited by ito726; 04-21-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how dare you steal my quirk.....

won't echo rem +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my WL but he is not a asshole and i know he will fit the role well +1

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I can vouch for your mechanical competency, I want to see some dialogue from that story of yours; I feel as if you don't showcase your understanding of Synthetics and your intended RP based off the personality you wrote. So to make up for those shortcomings, I'd like to see a revised short-short story; just a simple dialogue between you and a generic PFC as you are about to deploy on a late drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sorry was going to write this yesterday but was not the best day for me, hope you don't mind me making the story a bit more interesting then just a generic conversation.

"You must be that new synthetic shipped in from off world." Said PFC Mohammed Sato

"That I am sir, I am grateful that you have been sent on this day to assist us, as said in Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up." Said Godwyn with a smile on his face.

"Ah, So you must be one of those religious nuts, I never found myself too into religion and like to consider myself someone who believes in the scientific method more than an old book, Surprised that the company would allow a synthetic who is MADE through the fruits of science to believe in that nonsense."

"Ah, well that question might be better answered by philosophers than someone such as myself but my response would be people find strength in religion and something better than themselves as said in Isaiah 26: 3-4 "Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock." Quotes like these from the bible and many other religious books give solace to those in peril or those among us who find themselves weak of body or mind, to know that in the afterlife there is something greater than them and that they are working towards a greater peace and plan of some ever-knowing god."

"Fair enough, I still find it odd that people would rather be blissfully ignorant than know the truth but that's neither here nor there, have a good life Godwyn for I fear I will not even as I fight for this nation of ours I fear there will only be war no matter how many people strive for peace" Said the PFC as he stepped off the drop-ship with an accepting look on his face.

"You as well son, as said in Psalm 68:30 "Rebuke the beast among the reeds, the herd of bulls among the calves of the nations. Humbled, may the beast bring bars of silver. Scatter the nations who delight in war." we will end this war hungry species once and for all on this day." (this being assumed being a late drop I'm guessing that everyone ship-side including PFC's know about the xenomorphs we are fighting ICly)
    Last edited by Icy; 04-23-2021 at 05:01 PM.