Discord ID
    roushguy#7523

Marine Name
    PR-A3 (Alien main)

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Vol'kra

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    Yautja Character Story
    Sophia's boots pounded on the sandstone as she broke for the desert outside. There, at least, the thing chasing her would have no cover, and she could gain some distance and not have to worry about that terrible whip it wielded. Until she heard a sharp 'click' and pain lanced through her foot. She stumbled forward, falling, and immediately spun to cover her rear and assess what had happened. There was a hook-shaped spike through her foot, attached to a metal chain to some kind of three-lobed device placed on the floor. She couldn't tear free without possibly losing her foot, and working it free would cost her too much time: Her eyes already saw the thing's silhouette missing from the room Jacob's body was still spraying blood all over. Fear finally broke through her training. Her weapon fell from shaking hands, taking up her rosary and, with lips so terrified that her voice was that of her childhood self, began frantically whispering her own Last Rites.

Vol'kra padded toward the last of her prey slowly, methodically. When she saw what it was doing, however, her mind was swayed. It was clearly incapable of continuing to fight. It was no longer worthy prey. And moreover, whatever it was doing clearly involved its gods. Vol'kra had seen that cross symbol before, on plenty of the humans she had hunted. With a touch on the hilt, she retracted her chain-whip, made from the tail of a Warrior she had torn off in personal combat. She kicked away the gun. Her injuries were painful, three bleeding bullet holes and a host of bruises, but they were not going to kill her any time soon. With pressure in the right sequence, she disarmed the trip-mine, which retracted without hurting the human further. She let her mandibles clack rapidly in frustration. She had been looking for a four-piece trophy set, and this human had, unwittingly, done perhaps the only thing that could inspire her pity. Devotion to the gods, however misplaced human gods were, was an admirable trait. Especially, in Vol'kra's opinion, in the face of almost certain death. She knelt down, her blood dripping to the floor, bright green against the black sandstone of the ancient lodge's floor. From her hunting pouch, she withdrew a poultice and a wrapping, redolent with scent: something like cumin, a strong sharp scent like fir, and faintly, the stench of rancid vinegar. The herbs would speed her recovery, and the wrapping would staunch the bleeding.

While the human, fear-broken, watched, terrified prayers falling from her lips, Vol'kra bound the poultice to the gunshot wound near her stomach. It would mend well enough, now. Looking down on the human beneath her, she hissed in anger before belting them just under the chin with a swift, powerful punch. She heard the bone crack, but that was not her problem. They would live, and her hunt was done, now. She'd at least drag this last living one close enough to the nearest human settlement that she'd be found before the sand rays ate her. Perhaps she'd even hunt one for her dinner tonight: she found human meat unappealing, regardless of the manner she cooked it. She much preferred the acid bite of the serpents' meat. It felt like it was trying to fight back, even in death, a novel sensation, and one that she enjoyed. As much as she found fulfilment in the nature of the hunt itself, it was after its conclusion that she enjoyed herself most. Her mandibles clicked as she thought of what to make. A roast was out of the question, and she lacked the tools and time to smoke the meat The meat of the sand-rays would spoil under the sun here, and the human would perish from exposure, regardless. While Vol'kra did not care if the weakling died in the end, its piety did make her at least want to ensure it had a chance to die a proper, honorable death, instead of the dishonor that death by exposure would bring.

After a few hours dragging the human close enough to the nearest settlement to be found, Vol'kra returned to more important matters: dinner. She had a sachet of herbs that were not for healing, selected instead for flavor and textures. A few Ka’uliik secrets, and some of her own. The sand-ray was simple to catch, clean, and butcher. Her supplies were still full enough to permit some celebratory gluttony, especially with her hunt finished. She chose to use some spirits for the base of her stew, adding the ray's organs and meat once it began to boil, filling the air around her with the scent of the meal. The rest of the ray, and the meat of her other human prey, had been field-dressed and the meat preserved by simply packing it in salt, the only other resource on this planet in abundance. That she would return to the ship, her sect, and her clan. They would need it: there were always new mouths to feed.

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes
    Last edited by roushguy; 04-17-2021 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Clarification of 'Marine Name' (Alien Main)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question Time

1) You're hunting a Marine and spot him with a few of his squad mates, you decide to move in for the kill. To no surprise you're fired on upon his squad mates, how do you react and what weapon restrictions do you have?

2)After battling a Ravager you find yourself victorious, however you've been mutilated and lost an arm in the process. How will you proceed?

3) You've been infected by the xenos but manage to escape from them, what is your next move?

4) A marine on the ground has a hunting mask but is currently fighting xenos on the frontlines, what will you do?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to question wall -

1) You've thralled a marine, and gotten him all geared up, you and the marine are ready to get him hunting and find some good prey to test his skills on. You both go down to the planet and almost immediately a runner tackles him and starts devouring him. What does your pred do?

2) Another Hunter has marked a prey as dishonourable, and asks you to dispatch it for them if you find it first. What does your pred do?

3) A marine walks up to your pred, points, and yells "HOLY SHIT SHE'S HOT AS FUCK", "AWOOGA", "COME HERE BABY", and then starts hugging your pred. What does your pred do?

4) You're fighting a group of xenos, when some of them start saying "Fuck off retard nobody likes you." 'Come on go to frontline he can't attack there.' What does your pred do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will respond in order, descending.

1: There are a number of options that I can use here. From tossing out a plasmacaster stun and zooming away with my intended target to a more private location for the hunt, to just disengaging and seeing if they split up any. Personally, I'd probably pick the former. As for weapon restrictions, it's just worthy prey, there is no mention or indication this was an honor duel, so I'm still not allowed to use cloaked combat, the plasma pistol, et cetera.

2: This one is slightly more difficult, as the Honor Code doesn't quite say anything about a mutilated Yautja. However, I've seen in-game that most tend to immediately seek out a way to die in a fight and self-destruct, in order to achieve an honorable, rather than dishonorable, death, and am extrapolating from that that being mutilated that badly is a sort of dishonor in and of itself. So I would either self-destruct before healing, or I would seek another Yautja to activate my bracer if I was mechanically incapable of doing so in terms of code. I may have won the fight, but I am incapable of hunting further.

3:I am soon to become an Abomination. I am a disgrace and a disgust to my sect, my clan, and my kin. I must die in any manner possible and have my body incinerated or otherwise obliterated in a manner that does not include the usage of my bracer.

4: Leave him be, especially if the mask is no longer on the gear tracker (though I must admit not knowing how that part works mechanically) If the mask is not, I wait until he retreats off the frontline, or otherwise heads to the Almayer. As I may be capable of retrieving the mask from him then, though I would ask if they had won it in a duel or if one of us had simply failed in a hunt out of curiosity. After all, that may mean he is prey worth the fight.

Chainsaw:

1: *laugh. Any thrall incapable of defending themself ceases to be worthy to walk among the Yautja, even to Vol'kra's sect. I'd follow the runner and see if he's infected, at which point I'd take back the gear he was given and also kill him, though I'd leave the body in the hive. There's no reason to honor a weak thrall's death. It's an oddity and more akin to a tool, rather than a fellow Yautja.

2: Why should I take another Yautja's word as truth? Unless it is a Leader, or Ancient, I would first verify that the meat is truly dishonorable before engaging them as such. The dishonor of having another Yautja use me as a hatchet man would be a grave dishonor. And if they use their high status to do so, then the dishonor is entirely theirs.

3: That there sounds like LRP shittery. And that makes prey Dishonorable... Though I know that a lot of current Yautja put up with a lot and only punish the most egregious examples of LRP, this sounds like a clear-cut case of it, and I'd exterminate them.

4: Why should I care what the hard meat says? See above, but this is a less egregious example, though it flirts perilously close to breaking metaknowledge about the Honor Code, it's not worth attacking over, I think.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roushguy View Post
    Chainsaw:

1: *laugh. Any thrall incapable of defending themself ceases to be worthy to walk among the Yautja, even to Vol'kra's sect. I'd follow the runner and see if he's infected, at which point I'd take back the gear he was given and also kill him, though I'd leave the body in the hive. There's no reason to honor a weak thrall's death. It's an oddity and more akin to a tool, rather than a fellow Yautja.
    Correct that you shouldn't interfere if your Thrall is attacked, however even if there's gear in the hive you shouldn't enter, as it can be disruptive to xenos and you can just get it later when they lose or hijack.

2: Why should I take another Yautja's word as truth? Unless it is a Leader, or Ancient, I would first verify that the meat is truly dishonorable before engaging them as such. The dishonor of having another Yautja use me as a hatchet man would be a grave dishonor. And if they use their high status to do so, then the dishonor is entirely theirs.
    Good answer here, it recently became part of HC, but even beyond what's written there it's good practice to just not deal with prey who dishonoured someone else (stuff like having gear shipside being the obvious exception). After all, why should you care that someone else has been dishonoured by mere meat?

3: That there sounds like LRP shittery. And that makes prey Dishonorable... Though I know that a lot of current Yautja put up with a lot and only punish the most egregious examples of LRP, this sounds like a clear-cut case of it, and I'd exterminate them.
    Fair enough, this pretty much just comes down to personality.

4: Why should I care what the hard meat says? See above, but this is a less egregious example, though it flirts perilously close to breaking metaknowledge about the Honor Code, it's not worth attacking over, I think.
    Also comes down to personality, it is a clear-cut example of metaing HC, and you can do what you like from there.

Will vote later after I see you more IC and OOC.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application - Accepted

Good answers to questions, story's adequate.

I look forward to seeing your playstyle ingame.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505