User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Items to add for marines

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Items to add for marines

So after playing for so long, I wonder if any of these items will ever added to game as I would sure use them:

- Webbing with light. Since I never wear armor, I have no body light. I either put a flashlight to my pocket, losing a pocket space and it's buggy as hell. Half of the time the flashlight is not working even when it's on. Turning it on and off solves this but sometimes it's really annoying when I realize too late. Alternatively I slap on a hardhat/firefighter cap, which not only makes me lose my helmet and my helmet storage, but it also makes me prone to metatargeting as xenos know I'm wearing no armor and they like to hit the same target to get the kill, so having bright yellow hat will most certainly help them to target me. And it's buggy like the flashlight.

I wouldn't even mind losing my storage space from the body part, as in I can place a high vis jacket there. I would happily sacrifice that place for some kind of light.

- Armor storage space: Why do I need to wear an armor to have a storage space there? Going back to the previous problem, since I'm wearing no armor, I have no armor storage for my gun, hence I have to find an other place for it and can't use maghar either. Now I know I'm min-maxing my load out and to me having +30% run speed means that I survive 90% of rounds and only really die to my stupidity or I ghost/cyro after evac, so for me I simply gave up using armor permanently. So I would like to have even an item that I place in the middle slot that can hold a gun, that's my rant is about.

- And also a small change of...removing the POs? For CAS, sure let them do it. But really, if a PO is not present, it adds an other 10-20 minutes of wasting time waiting for CO to launch the DS. Just put a button that every marine can press to launch or automate it so it cycles every 5 minutes. Obviously I will assume you can toggle it and hold the DS at one place, but seriously devs programmed techwebs. I'm sure they can put a button on CO interface next to launch DS called "Auto cycle" and just let is do it's job until turned of.

Any other suggestions to annoy devs with our wishes?
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 04-19-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    - Webbing with light. Since I never wear armor, I have no body light. I either put a flashlight to my pocket, losing a pocket space and it's buggy as hell. Half of the time the flashlight is not working even when it's on. Turning it on and off solves this but sometimes it's really annoying when I realize too late. Alternatively I slap on a hardhat/firefighter cap, which not only makes me lose my helmet and my helmet storage, but it also makes me prone to metatargeting as xenos know I'm wearing no armor and they like to hit the same target to get the kill, so having bright yellow hat will most certainly help them to target me. And it's buggy like the flashlight.

I wouldn't even mind losing my storage space from the body part, as in I can place a high vis jacket there. I would happily sacrifice that place for some kind of light.

- Armor storage space: Why do I need to wear an armor to have a storage space there? Going back to the previous problem, since I'm wearing no armor, I have no armor storage for my gun, hence I have to find an other place for it and can't use maghar either. Now I know I'm min-maxing my load out and to me having +30% run speed means that I survive 90% of rounds and only really die to my stupidity or I ghost/cyro after evac, so for me I simply gave up using armor permanently. So I would like to have even an item that I place in the middle slot that can hold a gun, that's my rant is about.
    The solution to these is quite simple and it exists already. WEAR YOUR ARMOR! As a marine you are supposed to wear your uniform, boots and armor at the minimum as per SOP and if you choose to go without it you may actually be subject to ML charges. You would not deploy on an operation with high chance of encountering hostile forces without wearing your full gear. ICly you don't know that there are xenos on the planet so you don't know what exactly you'll be fighting. So by not wearing your armor you are not only breaking the SOP but also taking unnecessary risk to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    - And also a small change of...removing the POs? For CAS, sure let them do it. But really, if a PO is not present, it adds an other 10-20 minutes of wasting time waiting for CO to launch the DS. Just put a button that every marine can press to launch or automate it so it cycles every 5 minutes. Obviously I will assume you can toggle it and hold the DS at one place, but seriously devs programmed techwebs. I'm sure they can put a button on CO interface next to launch DS called "Auto cycle" and just let is do it's job until turned of.
    The dropship needs a pilot. Sure it does have autopilot settings (as a way to function during low pop) but ICly you'd still want a pilot in there if possible. In case there is no PO on transport the DS is being launched from the CIC in semi-regular intervals already.

On roundstart the dropship launches only after the briefing is over and when CIC gives the green light that part remains the same with or without a PO and should not be a problem for you since you should be in the briefing at that time. If you woke up late and the DS is not flying for some time then there is nothing easier than calling CO/XO on your radio and ask them to launch it. Autocycling every 5 minutes makes no sense as you could be flying the DS completely empty in and out. ICly thats just a waste of fuel and racks up costs for the operation not to mention that empty dropship flying in and out looks stupid. Leaving it on auto cycle also doesn't take into account that sometimes you want to wait on someone or something to be loaded on (APC, Nuke, XO/CO, Doctor) and automating it would take yet another player interaction out of the game.

So in the end this all boils down to this: Wear your armor (if you want to be fast choose light) as its part of your appropriate gear. And when you are waiting for the DS to go my advice is simple, ask the XO/CO to launch it and then wait. If it takes a few minutes then talk with people. Talk with your fellow marines that are waiting as well, talk with the doctors in medbay or POs and MTs going around hangar. We are an MRP server after all. Some ligh conversation will help you pass the time nicely.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a slight reminder we're not living in the age before plate carrier got invented and armor was extremely hard to do, no we're living in a time where armor has become so much better there should be no logical reason not to take them.
    back in the day of the Vietnam war, there wasn't really that much body armor which is understandable but now many goddamn years later it's so hard for me to imagine any fighting force that doesn't wear armor, especially one that sole goal is to fight fucking t e r r o r i s m.
    *ironically I haven't seen any bomb squad in the squad yet so fix that dev*

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stims literally have a speed cap so you can be Speedy Gonzales with, or without armor, so whats the point of not wearing one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man complains about having no armour suit slot because he wears no armour. Also pfcs having access to DS controls may be a bad thing, you'd know if you've ever had a round where bald SL or po launches with 10 marines on board while 40 are not in it, then they get wiped and it gets worse and worse. For real tho, a mag Harn is kinda meant to work because there's stuff on the armour that it connects to. A military grade attachment isn't gonna work for civilian stuff. But I think it would be cool to able to put something on your shirt that enables mag harn usage. It would probably be some bum bag where the gun latches on and that would be funny af.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yall nailed. Wear your gear( your supposed to otherwise dont cry of you get birged not for following SOP.) POs wont be going away( yes i know at times they fuck up and we wanna lynch them but hey we all have a bad day at time, get over it.)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the speed you get from not wearing armor is a tradeoff, if you want to keep the speed you need to be okay with not having a magnetic attachment point or shoulder lamp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    The solution to these is quite simple and it exists already. WEAR YOUR ARMOR! As a marine you are supposed to wear your uniform, boots and armor at the minimum as per SOP and if you choose to go without it you may actually be subject to ML charges. You would not deploy on an operation with high chance of encountering hostile forces without wearing your full gear.
    This reminds me of Family guy

I was not joking with the 90% survival rate. I don't have to outrun a xeno (which I most certanly can except a runner) I just have to outrun the slowest marine. I'm not sure if you understand what it means to be literally untouchable for xenos. Obviously it takes some practice like everything else, but I got used to it so much that I don't even take meds any more. Xenos simply can't touch me at all. Obviously it helps that I play a lot as xeno so I know all their abilities, ranges and cooldowns but still.

So...SOP here marine law there, while you are waiting to be revived or medevacced I'm still at the front fighting.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 04-20-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Stims literally have a speed cap so you can be Speedy Gonzales with, or without armor, so whats the point of not wearing one?
    That speed cap is high a f*ck. Implants come at 12:45-13:00. I'm running full speed at 12:03.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Man complains about having no armour suit slot because he wears no armour. Also pfcs having access to DS controls may be a bad thing, you'd know if you've ever had a round where bald SL or po launches with 10 marines on board while 40 are not in it, then they get wiped and it gets worse and worse. For real tho, a mag Harn is kinda meant to work because there's stuff on the armour that it connects to. A military grade attachment isn't gonna work for civilian stuff. But I think it would be cool to able to put something on your shirt that enables mag harn usage. It would probably be some bum bag where the gun latches on and that would be funny af.
    You don't play TGMC I see.