User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Items to add for marines

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To outrun the slowest marine all it takes is light armor and clicking movement button one second before he does.

TGMC has actually very varied and balanced armors to the point where no armor is valid, but even there exist a better alternative which is suicide vest that has 0 armor and no light, but can go boom heavily damaging benos around.

Marines don't drop till 12:25, so you are "full speed" for 20 minutes at best if you are running around laps in FoB, otherwise stray bullet to hand, feet, or head will slow you down to a crawl as ceramic plates don't cover those areas. Walking on weeds will even allow defender to catch on.

That speed cap is high, but it is also low enough that wearing light armor still will allow you to achieve it.

You don't need light, just wait for NVG implant.
    If you totally have to have a light, put a pistol in your belt slot with rail light on.

You don't need magharness, just pick SMG with arm brace.
    3 mags in webbing, like 5 in backpack, then 3/4 in one pouch is enough and still leaves one pouch slot for other stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    The solution to these is quite simple and it exists already. WEAR YOUR ARMOR! As a marine you are supposed to wear your uniform, boots and armor at the minimum as per SOP and if you choose to go without it you may actually be subject to ML charges. You would not deploy on an operation with high chance of encountering hostile forces without wearing your full gear. ICly you don't know that there are xenos on the planet so you don't know what exactly you'll be fighting. So by not wearing your armor you are not only breaking the SOP but also taking unnecessary risk to yourself.
    dude he's allowed to deploy without armour, it actually used to be very common before the neuro buffs and its a fun if high risk way to play the game, you dont have to RP police for everything.

Anyway dude I would just say use a rail flashlight on your shotgun, or take a fire helmet for cool aesthetics

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    To outrun the slowest marine all it takes is light armor and clicking movement button one second before he does.

TGMC has actually very varied and balanced armors to the point where no armor is valid, but even there exist a better alternative which is suicide vest that has 0 armor and no light, but can go boom heavily damaging benos around.

Marines don't drop till 12:25, so you are "full speed" for 20 minutes at best if you are running around laps in FoB, otherwise stray bullet to hand, feet, or head will slow you down to a crawl as ceramic plates don't cover those areas. Walking on weeds will even allow defender to catch on.

That speed cap is high, but it is also low enough that wearing light armor still will allow you to achieve it.

You don't need light, just wait for NVG implant.
    If you totally have to have a light, put a pistol in your belt slot with rail light on.

You don't need magharness, just pick SMG with arm brace.
    3 mags in webbing, like 5 in backpack, then 3/4 in one pouch is enough and still leaves one pouch slot for other stuff.
    I feel like when somebody just talks to me how their car is fast and in theory this and he heard that and he thinks that...well...I'm sitting in a fast car and we can try it who has the faster d*ck longering machine....but you just keep talking...while I am going full speed. Why do people try to prove things on paper when all it takes is 10 minutes to prove in "real life"?

Everything what you literally said is pointless since...GET READY...I'm using it every day when I play marine. So according to you the first 25 minute especially as a Deltard is totally meaningless...suuure. FF? If you say so. Wait for NVG implant? Okay I guess I AFK for half an hour after landing. SMG with brace? Yeah. Sounds good like my lovely Ninja 600, too bad that SMG does no damage, inaccurate, and totally pointless to have as a one handed gun over an M44 heavy.

Storage is never an issue since I carry extra backpack to the field anyway. But sometimes I feel I'm playing a completely different game than others. Seriously I have to start recording how I dont die 90% of time as I said? I don't know maybe I just got too much time on my hand and played 18 hours a day so for me it's normal to be not that sh*t at the game. IDK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    dude he's allowed to deploy without armour, it actually used to be very common before the neuro buffs and its a fun if high risk way to play the game, you dont have to RP police for everything.

Anyway dude I would just say use a rail flashlight on your shotgun, or take a fire helmet for cool aesthetics
    Finally somebody who is not a sheep. This is why people fear characters who dress differently. They are raking in BY FAR the most kills as they are glass cannons and they know it.

Or maybe I'm just an idiot to go for kills instead of just shoot xenos, let them heal back and have zero kills for 10 rounds? I think this is how most people play it than. Good to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some real elitism there m8. You can get kills with or without armor. It's just that the speed from not having armor is quite a strong factor in being able to chase down and secure kills on xenos.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No point in arguing, so let me help you skip players input and present with dev response (99% accuracy) to this thread:

"cOdE and sprite It YoUrSeLf!!!111oneone11!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    This reminds me of Family guy

I was not joking with the 90% survival rate. I don't have to outrun a xeno (which I most certanly can except a runner) I just have to outrun the slowest marine. I'm not sure if you understand what it means to be literally untouchable for xenos. Obviously it takes some practice like everything else, but I got used to it so much that I don't even take meds any more. Xenos simply can't touch me at all. Obviously it helps that I play a lot as xeno so I know all their abilities, ranges and cooldowns but still.

So...SOP here marine law there, while you are waiting to be revived or medevacced I'm still at the front fighting.
    ok but you know like you have to kill xenos to win right? like just dipping for a little value isnt always good. alot of the time you have to go deep on xenos to get kills and risk your life in the process as a PFC / Marine. If you see your fellow marine getting mauled and you're like "oh thank god it wasn't me" instead of thinking "i need to go try to trade for that marine" you have the wrong mind set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Now I know I'm min-maxing my load out
    You are MIN-maxing, not MAX-maxing, you have to deal with the downsides, however I suggest that you-

1. Make like a surv and learn were you can find CMB/colored jackets
    2. Get a pickup macro
    3. Get rail light on your weapons, you can stick a flashlight in webbing in case you lose your weapons, after all, then you won't have anything else worth having in your hands anyway.

At the same time, I do kind of see your point and a combat webbing thingy like tgmc could be cool. Might get shot down as LRP thou.

Edit, on maps with no jackets you could even bug the synth for a CMB jacket from snowflake vender, you could also take a hazard vest, which can put a flashlight in suit storage (not sure but labcoat might be able to do this too).
    Last edited by Anclandor; 04-20-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    ok but you know like you have to kill xenos to win right? like just dipping for a little value isnt always good. alot of the time you have to go deep on xenos to get kills and risk your life in the process as a PFC / Marine. If you see your fellow marine getting mauled and you're like "oh thank god it wasn't me" instead of thinking "i need to go try to trade for that marine" you have the wrong mind set.
    Well obviously I can't frontline as a prae will shred me not sure why even bring this up. The way I get kills is simply wait for the opportunity. Unless it's a runner or lurker I won't even poke it. I wait until they are injured and start to melee marines or injured and eat a nade or get stunned or injured and marines are focus firing it. I hope you see my point. Since I'm a glass cannon, I'm standing 4-5 tiles behind marines most of the time and wait. When the time comes, I jump out and yeah shame or not I shotgun juggle to finish of the kill. I maybe did 10% of the damage, but the kill is secured.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anclandor View Post
    You are MIN-maxing, not MAX-maxing, you have to deal with the downsides, however I suggest that you-

1. Make like a surv and learn were you can find CMB/colored jackets
    2. Get a pickup macro
    3. Get rail light on your weapons, you can stick a flashlight in webbing in case you lose your weapons, after all, then you won't have anything else worth having in your hands anyway.

At the same time, I do kind of see your point and a combat webbing thingy like tgmc could be cool. Might get shot down as LRP thou.

Edit, on maps with no jackets you could even bug the synth for a CMB jacket from snowflake vender, you could also take a hazard vest, which can put a flashlight in suit storage (not sure but labcoat might be able to do this too).
    I tried and fail light goes off when weapon is holstered. That's why I need pocket flashlight.

As for macros, oh boy I'm using more than I should. My point is, most marines don't play xeno. If they would know how many times they damage down to 20% HP, heal up, repeat 15 times. Well...what's the point. I just go for the killing blow as a marine.