User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Items to add for marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be cool if we had helmet light or an item that enlightens the area around you when you put it to your helmet. Fire helmet does this job fairly greatly but protection wise, I'm not sure if its as great as normal marine helmet. Being able to carry flaslight in your mouth (slot) can work too if someone decides to code it. Not wearing your armour is not a bad idea if you're robust enough to dodge enemy attacks or know when to attack and when to fall back. This is a true definition of "High-risk high-reward" gameplay style.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    ... This is a true definition of "High-risk high-reward" gameplay style.
    This is true definition of nerf baiting. As soon as someone truly robust (not just talking how robust they are, actually robust) gets few luckey kills on benos and on dev playing as a beno it will be nerfed into oblivion.
    History will repeat itself as nobody learns from it as it was the case in the past. Marines were not wearing armor, benos were crying, devs were nerfing. To this day neuro one-shots unarmored human with Endurance 1, which is every PFC. Then it was also badly touching survs, so another bandaid came for Endurance to counter neuro without armor.
    Next nerf will just fuck unarmored PFCs and some other part of the game that nobody thinked off, so then you can perpetuate this cycle and be happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    dude he's allowed to deploy without armour, it actually used to be very common before the neuro buffs and its a fun if high risk way to play the game, you dont have to RP police for everything.
    He quite literally isn't. The SOP states: "USCM and USCM-affiliated personnel are required to be wearing appropriate clothing during operations. Marines and MPs should be wearing their uniform, boots, and armor at a minimum." which means that if he doesn't wear his armor he could get arrested for failure to follow procedure which carries a 10 minute charge. Not to mention that deploying to a potentially hostile AO without propper gear is not really something a reasonable person would do in that situation. You don't ICly know if you'll be facing xenos, UPP, CLF or anything else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post
    He quite literally isn't. The SOP states: "USCM and USCM-affiliated personnel are required to be wearing appropriate clothing during operations. Marines and MPs should be wearing their uniform, boots, and armor at a minimum." which means that if he doesn't wear his armor he could get arrested for failure to follow procedure which carries a 10 minute charge. Not to mention that deploying to a potentially hostile AO without propper gear is not really something a reasonable person would do in that situation. You don't ICly know if you'll be facing xenos, UPP, CLF or anything else.
    ever heard of the phrase ''gameplay over realism''

This is quite literally the reason why nobody takes you seriously.

Being arrested for not wearing a helmet or having ripped sleeves? Seriously?
    And I thought 2018's unsecured equipment was enough
    Last edited by lanche; 04-25-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulferion View Post

You don't know ICly that I'm going to break the law but you and other MP's still meta check me whenever I play CL/MT???

Dude people want to play the game their own way, if a marine wants to not wear armor thats their choice. It also fits right into the space 'nam aesthetic of having topless grunts running around guns blazing not giving a shit about what their facing. If you want to RP a "reasonable person" nobody is stopping you, just stop getting triggered by other players doing their own thing. SOP is not OOC rules and nobody cares for your relentless mini-modding. Just give it a rest man, I guarantee you will have a more fun time in CM and outside of it if you stop going after everyone who doesen't fit into your very narrow view of what "realistic" is.

Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    ever heard of the phrase ''gameplay over realism''

This is quite literally the reason why nobody takes you seriously.

Being arrested for not wearing a helmet or having ripped sleeves? Seriously?
    And I thought 2018's unsecured equipment was enough
    0dao604spcx41.jpg

stop trying to LRP like this marine!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Literally any picture of a US Soldier from the Vietnam war*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder that during Iraq, Vietnam, Korea and Afganistan wars that people didn't wish crazy things like being 'lightweight' or having clothes/armour that are annoying in that type of weather. They were actually LRP, guys. I hope someone brigged them for 10 minutes. Pesky LRPers ruin my existence.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all bring Vietnam like every soldier there had easly accessible, effective and lightweight body armor. Flak Jackets available at that moment were heavy, hot and surerly didn't protected against AK bullet, so no wonder infrantry wasn't using it.

As the time goes on, as the technology develops, body armor starts getting lighter and more comfortable to wear while also being more protective. At the point of CM its XXII century, close to the end actually. Purerly from MRP lore standpoint, there is no sense in not wearing any armor. Even CLF makes and wears armor.

While I don't care that marines don't wear armor and whole marine law/SoP can go to hell with restricting, or requiring any type of gear, its the gameplay where the problem lies. For some reason even the most basic bulletproof vest slows a human down a lot, while wedding dress found in chapel on Big Red doesn't.

How to combine gameplay with lore/RP/sense/whatever? Make additional armor variants, one that doesn't slow down at all would be neat. Maybe let them be their own kits. Something like "very light armor kit" to rival mini-medic and reduce its availability a bit, so that you doesn't have to make it totally suck to balance. Give it light and maybe new mechanic of "plastic plates" that give less protection that light armor does, while not slowing down at all, but they break simillary to metal and ceramic plates we now put in uniforms.
    Here, problem solved, sonic the hedgehog marines get their light and armor slot, while it doesn't look dumb from the outside perspective where one marine wears super heavy armor and the other wears just a shirt.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    You don't play TGMC I see.
    If TGMC is better than CM you can play there. TGMC and CM are two different games. CM should be different from TGMC and vice versa. They each fill a different niche for players. I personally enjoy CM's slower paced attrition and roleplay gamestyle compared to literally fighting xenos with magic swords, but sometimes I like to use a magic sword so I'll play TGMC. Turning CM into TGMC is not making it a better game.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You all bring Vietnam like every soldier there had easly accessible, effective and lightweight body armor. Flak Jackets available at that moment were heavy, hot and surerly didn't protected against AK bullet, so no wonder infrantry wasn't using it.

As the time goes on, as the technology develops, body armor starts getting lighter and more comfortable to wear while also being more protective. At the point of CM its XXII century, close to the end actually. Purerly from MRP lore standpoint, there is no sense in not wearing any armor. Even CLF makes and wears armor.

While I don't care that marines don't wear armor and whole marine law/SoP can go to hell with restricting, or requiring any type of gear, its the gameplay where the problem lies. For some reason even the most basic bulletproof vest slows a human down a lot, while wedding dress found in chapel on Big Red doesn't.

How to combine gameplay with lore/RP/sense/whatever? Make additional armor variants, one that doesn't slow down at all would be neat. Maybe let them be their own kits. Something like "very light armor kit" to rival mini-medic and reduce its availability a bit, so that you doesn't have to make it totally suck to balance. Give it light and maybe new mechanic of "plastic plates" that give less protection that light armor does, while not slowing down at all, but they break simillary to metal and ceramic plates we now put in uniforms.
    Here, problem solved, sonic the hedgehog marines get their light and armor slot, while it doesn't look dumb from the outside perspective where one marine wears super heavy armor and the other wears just a shirt.

Marine Flack Jackets would be cool as fuck, maybe they have basically no protection to slashing but decent against bullets and shrapnel (to encourage aggressive high risk front lining), the sprites are already there with Dutches Dozen too and they fit perfectly into the aesthetic.