0 Thread(s)

Iskra - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID:
    Melarinn

Discord ID
    moon#8859

Marine Name
    Mishka 'Ursa' Navchenko, Eleanor Kaiser, HO-XXX-G.

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Khad'ja De'Rojok.

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    Yautja Character Story
    "A shrill hiss takes over the room. The Yautja clicks their mandibles together as they do final adjustments on their armor, clicking the last straps into place. The armor itself was visibly new, the metal still shining proudly against the low light brought upon it by the room’s fixtures. The dormitory was well organized, if not a bit empty. Not much more than a bed, a desk with a couple of books placed throughout it, organized neatly in a pile. The Hunter looks down as she passes through the desk, a hand running through the top book’s leather cover, A Prey’s Vision engraved into it, with the De’Rojok clan sigil proudly displayed above it. Khad’ja, by nostalgia, pries it open with her clawed hand, as careful and gentle as possible as if handling the most vital organ of a creature without hurting it, at the bottom of the introductory page reading ‘By I’krad De’Rojok’. The memory is quickly interrupted as the door behind the young Yautja hisses open, a figure steps in, clad in armor save for the mask, which seems to be on one of his hands, while the other carries a baton of sorts. He looks at her and speaks. “You mustn’t be late. We will be entering the planet’s atmosphere soon. Are you ready?” The younger, tall Predator nods once, shutting the book as gently as she opened it, and grabbing the mask she dropped to handle the same, hisses and clicks coming into place as she puts it on. She finally nods once to the figure, a ‘Yes, father’ is all she says as she shuts the small pouch on her waist, putting away a notebook of sorts along with a sharp bone pen. It was finally time."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah this is someone I know very well from my time around SS13 in general. It's good to see you! And as a predator no less. I recognize your characters as well. I'm surprised you didn't put down Yi!

Anyway, to continue. I really do enjoy this story greatly. It was a fascinating read and seeing someone actually put effort into a backstory is a rare treat. Even if you are a De'Rojok, I as a Thar'n can give this my praise and acceptance. +1, I hope to see you on the hunting grounds!
    Last edited by Allakai; 04-19-2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Decided to make my plus 1 even more obvious because De'Rojack's can't read ;)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obligatory questions -

1) One of your fellow Hunters ends up with more trophies than you about halfway through the round, they boast and call you weak for not having as many, and say the ones you got were all weak. What does your pred do?

2) There's a piece of gear on the Almayer. You go up and stake it out to see where it is and what it is, and see that it's a Clan Sword in the Alamo cockpit, with the Pilot inside about to launch. You are the only Predator awake to your knowledge and nobody is talking on comms. What does your pred do?

3) A human kills three Hunters in a short timespan, and dons themselves in a bunch of gear, way too much to try stripping off, but they're roaming entirely alone and seem to be looking for more Hunters to kill. What does your pred do?

4) You have a close fight with some prey, it dies and you live, but your leg is missing. What does your pred do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) The De'Rojok are meant to be a less aggressive clan, focusing more on knowledge acquirement while still keeping the traditional hunting and honor deep in heart. I'd try to shake it off and simply continue on with the round, but as my character's patience is not infinite there is definitely a threshhold there. If the other hunter did break it (which would need to be something extremely insulting) it'd probably end up in her saying something along the lines of "If you are so certain that my prey were weak, you should not hesitate in accepting a duel." Then if accepted she'd ask them to go back up to the ship for a bit more privacy and no interruptions and do so in the arena in the Yautja ship. As they're not human, they could use their full gear, though if preferrable by the other party they could also simply use the ceremonial daggers and no armor, and so fight until one dies, avoiding hits while they're on the floor in custom to the Honor Code.

2) Considering the Alamo is coming DOWN to the planet I'd just wait until it returns since the FOB area begins at the main LZ, and it's preferrable to just remain out of there. I'd move into maintenance or some hidden corner and wait for the Alamo to return shipside, and when there is no marine movement, I'd remain cloaked, try to force the cockpit open as quickly as possible, and just try to take the sword and run off, rather than killing the PO, since according to what you've told me I didn't see him TAKING this gear, but rather is just sitting beside it. If the PO tries to defend it, I'd just stun them with a LPC bolt, again rather than kill since killing a PO may render the marine side slower to deploy and therefore give the Aliens an advantage, and the fact I shouldn't do anything more than the necessary aboard the Almayer. I'd take the clan sword and flee, trying to avoid marines and major corridors, run off into a secluded area, and beam back to the Yautja Ship.

3) My first priority would be to SD the fallen Predators in secluded areas to avoid damage, especially to the FOB and Hive. Once that's done, considering adorning oneself in Yautja gear when it was not redeemed via a honor duel is to desecrate the gear made using the knowledge gifted by the Gods, I'd have little choice but to attempt and recover the gear via killing them, while at the same time trying my best not to give him more gear by dying. First of all if there were any other Hunters on at the time I'd ask them to join me and display the marine wearing the armor rather than simply saying "This human is dishonorable, assist me in killing him". It's very unlikely he earned all the gear from honorable duels, and when the other Yautja(s) seems to be content with enough evidence of this desecration, I'd work with them using honorable means as well as other tactics and gear meant for dishonorable prey on taking them down. After they were killed I'd strip them of the gear and ask the other(s) in transporting all of the gear back up to the Yautja ship and stow it away. Another thing I'd like to point out is that no trophies would be taken considering their dishonorable status. After stripping the human's body from all gear they wore that was of Yautja origin I'd throw the body somewhere near marine fortifications in order to not be too unpleasant and give them a chance to continue playing their game.

4) The lack of a leg would render Khad'ja unable to hunt. I'd move to a secluded area, tell any other Yautja on comms that I'll be committing ceremonial suicide and that my hunt is concluded. I'd then try to stay away from all buildings and out in the open and use the SD device with a small explosion to further minimize damage.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
    1) The De'Rojok are meant to be a less aggressive clan, focusing more on knowledge acquirement while still keeping the traditional hunting and honor deep in heart. I'd try to shake it off and simply continue on with the round, but as my character's patience is not infinite there is definitely a threshhold there. If the other hunter did break it (which would need to be something extremely insulting) it'd probably end up in her saying something along the lines of "If you are so certain that my prey were weak, you should not hesitate in accepting a duel." Then if accepted she'd ask them to go back up to the ship for a bit more privacy and no interruptions and do so in the arena in the Yautja ship. As they're not human, they could use their full gear, though if preferrable by the other party they could also simply use the ceremonial daggers and no armor, and so fight until one dies, avoiding hits while they're on the floor in custom to the Honor Code.
    Fair enough, though I'd be careful of letting other preds walk over you for what seems to be quite a while before you hit a limit.

2) Considering the Alamo is coming DOWN to the planet I'd just wait until it returns since the FOB area begins at the main LZ, and it's preferrable to just remain out of there. I'd move into maintenance or some hidden corner and wait for the Alamo to return shipside, and when there is no marine movement, I'd remain cloaked, try to force the cockpit open as quickly as possible, and just try to take the sword and run off, rather than killing the PO, since according to what you've told me I didn't see him TAKING this gear, but rather is just sitting beside it. If the PO tries to defend it, I'd just stun them with a LPC bolt, again rather than kill since killing a PO may render the marine side slower to deploy and therefore give the Aliens an advantage, and the fact I shouldn't do anything more than the necessary aboard the Almayer. I'd take the clan sword and flee, trying to avoid marines and major corridors, run off into a secluded area, and beam back to the Yautja Ship.
    A good answer. No matter what you shouldn't recover gear in the FOB, so jumping aboard when the Alamo can take off and drag you down would be a terrible idea. Your approach to handling it is pretty much as good as one could hope for, though it won't always go as planned. Another thing to remember is that if you are the only pred online (or nobody's responding on comms and you can't find anyone), you're not obligated to do shipside recovery, especially in tricky situations like that.

3) My first priority would be to SD the fallen Predators in secluded areas to avoid damage, especially to the FOB and Hive. Once that's done, considering adorning oneself in Yautja gear when it was not redeemed via a honor duel is to desecrate the gear made using the knowledge gifted by the Gods, I'd have little choice but to attempt and recover the gear via killing them, while at the same time trying my best not to give him more gear by dying. First of all if there were any other Hunters on at the time I'd ask them to join me and display the marine wearing the armor rather than simply saying "This human is dishonorable, assist me in killing him". It's very unlikely he earned all the gear from honorable duels, and when the other Yautja(s) seems to be content with enough evidence of this desecration, I'd work with them using honorable means as well as other tactics and gear meant for dishonorable prey on taking them down. After they were killed I'd strip them of the gear and ask the other(s) in transporting all of the gear back up to the Yautja ship and stow it away. Another thing I'd like to point out is that no trophies would be taken considering their dishonorable status. After stripping the human's body from all gear they wore that was of Yautja origin I'd throw the body somewhere near marine fortifications in order to not be too unpleasant and give them a chance to continue playing their game.
    Unfortunately this answer is off the mark, the current HC is pretty unclear about this and needs to be fixed, so I will state this here for yourself and anyone in future making apps: Having Predator gear planetside does not make people dishonourable. If someone kills a Predator with no witness, takes some gear, and walks off to do their own thing, that would not be considered dishonouring the body, and they are to be considered worthy prey. Dragging a Predator corpse around and hitting it/mocking Preds with it WOULD be to disgrace the body, and therefore make you dishonourable.

Taking the fact that they would be worthy into account, you would also not be able to have multiple Hunters engage them, as Yautja are not allowed to cooperate against singular worthy prey. If they were roaming in a group, you would be allowed to have, say, one Yautja engage the marine with gear, while 1 or 2 others separately engage the rest (without hitting eachother's targets).

4) The lack of a leg would render Khad'ja unable to hunt. I'd move to a secluded area, tell any other Yautja on comms that I'll be committing ceremonial suicide and that my hunt is concluded. I'd then try to stay away from all buildings and out in the open and use the SD device with a small explosion to further minimize damage.
    A good answer, just make sure you pick up your greaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let me reply to the one that I didn't do as well, and hopefully explain my train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Unfortunately this answer is off the mark, the current HC is pretty unclear about this and needs to be fixed, so I will state this here for yourself and anyone in future making apps: Having Predator gear planetside does not make people dishonourable. If someone kills a Predator with no witness, takes some gear, and walks off to do their own thing, that would not be considered dishonouring the body, and they are to be considered worthy prey. Dragging a Predator corpse around and hitting it/mocking Preds with it WOULD be to disgrace the body, and therefore make you dishonourable.

Taking the fact that they would be worthy into account, you would also not be able to have multiple Hunters engage them, as Yautja are not allowed to cooperate against singular worthy prey. If they were roaming in a group, you would be allowed to have, say, one Yautja engage the marine with gear, while 1 or 2 others separately engage the rest (without hitting eachother's targets).

I completely understand what you say and that there seems to be indeed a grey area in that aspect of HC and will try to be more watchful of situations like this. I had in my mind that the act of removing and stripping the gear from a Yautja could be considered a dishonorable act and therefore something that should be handled as such, rather than, say, a marine finding a piece of gear lying around, either from an uncareful Hunter or simply a spawned item like on LV. But it did clear this grey area a bit more for me and I'll keep it in mind.

Finally, I'd also like to thank you for the questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let me reply to the one that I didn't do as well, and hopefully explain my train of thought.

I completely understand what you say and that there seems to be indeed a grey area in that aspect of HC and will try to be more watchful of situations like this. I had in my mind that the act of removing and stripping the gear from a Yautja could be considered a dishonorable act and therefore something that should be handled as such, rather than, say, a marine finding a piece of gear lying around, either from an uncareful Hunter or simply a spawned item like on LV. But it did clear this grey area a bit more for me and I'll keep it in mind.

Finally, I'd also like to thank you for the questions.
    It's a good attempt and answer and I can understand what you are trying to say. However given you don't actively know if the dude himself got the gear or if say he found it, you don't know. It's extremely unlikely he just "found it" or picked it up but it's not impossible. Either way I like your answers and your follow-up. I still see good potential in you.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application - Accepted

Clan "De'Rojok"? More like clan "the rock"

Hunting moment
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505