User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ito726 - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decision is unanimous just by looking at this thread but
    Searching your name in discord has earned you a reputation for actively upping the punishments for Captains/CIC command whenever they make a mistake.

Recently a person in discord even labelled you as someone petty since you allegedly told them "thanks for the captain" in LOOC which left a bad taste in their mouth and accused you of rule lawyering marine law after the captain made a mistake in their pardon. The person is influencial enough that it spread to some other influencial people in WL council.
    Then you proceeded to report the CO for CO guidelines after HC (admins/mods) didnt reply to your fax that round escalating the situation and probably jeopardizing someones whitelist when it could've been handled ICly.
    //showthrea...1936#post71936

If you are known to be someone who is petty or escalates the situation the community will always check your name in staffwho before doing anything at all. Things like these are not good to have as a moderator and some people will try to do some shenanigans due to the test of the new RP rules. Im concerned on how you would be able to handle that if you get accepted as a moderator. If you already got the reputation of rule lawyering as MP i dont see you not using your powers as moderator to escalate someones to a ban instead of a warning.

I suggest looking at the applicants logs of LOOC or OOC on how they act in game to other people before hiring them and see if their behavior is at of the best interest of the staff. Thats all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 this player from my experience has put their ego infront of work, ive known several times when this player has fucked up Marine law hard and if this player cannot handle the in character mod i feel they shouldnt handle OOC mod work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I actually remembered I vouched for ito here. Originally I thought they had a change in attitude or perhaps I had a small misjudgement of them. But clearly after doing some investigating I have found out concerning things about the applicant and their attitude in general.

Furthermore, reviewing the report has convinced me that the claim 'pettyness' can be proven. You are looking to arrest the CO For a procedural mistake over a minor incident with marines. Think really hard about it, the big CO of the entire op, of roughly 60-100 marines and personnel, with the plan and action to win and RP the game and you want to arrest him over procedural mistakes. This wasnt about MTs dismantling parts of the ship, it was just a few people being stupid with knives that was needlessly escalated. I even had a talk with an MP player and they also convinced me that you are a difficult person to deal with.

What's even more concerning is that according to your own report, you are made aware of the procedural mistakes AND you did nothing to inform nor advice the CO about it. You let him make the mistake yourself, which to me smells of an intended trap and bait to get the CO into trouble. If you truly care the conduct of the ship and such you should've advised the CO. I do not see anything so much of an attempt to nag nor remind the CO several times to improve on their procedures written in your very own report. While normally we give a benefit of a doubt, it does not bode well that you have a record of similar behavior involving another MP called Kaori with obvious LOOC issues and behavior and attempting to sabotage an entire operation.

As such, you have convinced me that you are truly not emotionally matured enough to be a mod. I am retracting my +1 and giving this app a -1. Having you in the staff team will be very very worrying.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the discussion about the PR has kinda overflown onto here where I'm not sure that's warranted. If a CO completely disregards pardon procedure from an IC perspective that is a clear NOD, but this is not the place to discuss that. I think the answers are good to the question, that ITO has a good note history, and a reasonable behaviour in game. I think it's reasonable to at least let them have a trial. So i'm giving a cautious +1 to this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted. Check your direct messages.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021