User Tag List

Thread: Kugamo - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kugamo - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Kugamo
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Doober Shmingus
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Kugamo#3018
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    discord ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    -
    Total Ban Duration
    Perma
    Remaining Duration
    infinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    I plaid on Paradise for alot of 2020, and I occasionally play on Goon, TG and VG.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have been banned on paradise at least 3 times, 2 successfully appealed and the other I waited out.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    Nord VPN
    Reason for Ban
    You were warned in SS13: Colonial Marines Official for: Posting the CM staff are pedophiles video. This behavior is not tolerated. A perma discord ban will be applied. It's neither funny nor true. If you are genuinely concerned regarding pedophilia, contact the relevant authorities.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    There was a convo in the shitposting channel regarding an image about CM admins (it was a CM mod bingo card), I didnt save this image but it had in it references to abhorrent behavior that some mod of CM would have preformed in the past. One of these was defending a pedophile. The people involved talked about how this was not the current CM staff, I have to say I am rather ignorant of the people referenced and have no prior knowledge of these events.

I wasnt part of the conversation, I only posted a video that in a comedic manner inferred all CM staff were pedos. It was the shitposting channel and as far as I was concerned the topic of convo was about past admins, so I posted it because I found it mildly funny and topical to the convo that was occurring.

I didnt expect anyone to take it seriously, or intend to accuse the current staff of what the video did. I at best wanted to add some humor and see if it was made in regard to the same things that earlier image posted and the topic of convo referenced. I was banned immediately, before I could elaborate by posting any more text or questions regarding the video.

I understand that such a video is rather flippant, and accusational, and I apologize to the staff of CM for posting it. I had no warnings about my behavior on discord, and I have never accused anyone of being a pedo on it before. A permanant discord ban I believe is unreasonable in this case, if I had a received a temporary ban I can understand. Accusing someone of a federal crime is a serious matter, but I didnt intend to accuse anyone (topic at hand was of past CM staff, and I didnt expect the video to be taken seriously as it was in the shitposting channel). I only intended to add to the convo with some humor, and sate some mild curiousity about the video that I had discovered and saved sometime in the past.

The bans doc states that "Discord bans will follow the same ban escalation procedures that the game server will follow." I received no timed bans, or warnings prior to this incident.

I appeal that this response was too strict and the issuing discord volunteer acted unreasonably. I hope for my ban to be reduced to one that alines with proper ban escalation, or changed into a warning. I enjoy the community of CM alot, and I dont think I would have as much fun playing it being excluded from the discord for at minimal 180 days (minimal if I appeal then and it gets accepted). Thank you for reading, and considering my appeal.

https://i.imgur.com/8BuxtEM.png

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discord notes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Game notes:

None

Appeal assigned for discord team/admin review
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it's your first offense, we don't appreciate being called Pedophiles. It's stupid, it's disrespectful, and it's common sense not to do it. You don't joke about it, you don't even THINK about it.
    Discord staff have said you will need to sit on this one, so this is going to be denied.

You can try again in 30 days.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids