Byond ID?
    FrankTheMagicPotato

CM Character?
    Connie Jaegar/AP-111-E

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC - 7, MT time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    ~13 mostly on weekends

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Ran a minor discord server ~100 people

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Used to play goon, haven't in months

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    VC jban, withdrawn //showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban)
    VC jban, accepted //showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban)
    Mentor app, withdrawn //showthrea...or-Application
    Mentor app, accepted //showthrea...or-Application
    Yautja app, accepted //showthrea...ja-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Technically the discord I run still exists but it hasnt had a message in months, it was primarily for the party game Among Us

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    VC jobban, ran over multiple marines intentionally.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Question them to see if it was accidental or intentional. Note if it was intentional grief, and ban for 3 hours if they have a history of it.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Send them the link to honor code to see if it was really a violation, and if they believe it was, instruct them to make a player report on the forums or tell the WL council directly over Discord.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Direct a SEA/mentor to them, or help them myself if none are available. I'd do this by either spawning as SEA myself, or just direct messaging them and walking them through prep.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Ask them to calm down so we can settle whatever issue there was easily. Don't pass them to upper staff unless it's something outside of my scope/capabilities.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Ask them what they wish to be renamed to and do so. If it's a newer player, don't note, but if they have lots of time in the game, apply a note. Only ban if they have an extensive history of bad names.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Unless they have an extensive history of violating SOP to grab weaponry, IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Inform the survivor they aren't allowed to be hostile and note them for it. If they have a history of killing marines as survivor, jobban. Aheal the marine if they aren't near friendlies and may go perma, otherwise let a medic handle it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask the MP if that was the real reason they were brigged. If so, apply a note to the MP and tell them to put the prisoner in a normal cell to serve the normal timer. If MP has a history of not following ML, jobban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Queen Mother message xenos to hijack, and if they have no queen to do so, launch DS myself.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I cannot handle this, ahelp or ask the discord. If no help comes, handle IC by informing MPs and trying to bring them to FOB.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform them EORG doesn't apply to hostile factions and that they may continue to fight after the round ends.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell the player this isn't allowed, and note for roundstart shenanigans. Ban for 3 hours if they have a history of this.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check the circumstances to be sure the marine didn't have a very good reason (punching/shoving directly on frontline), otherwise, note for IE, and if they have a history of it, ban for 3 hours.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    LOOC them to stop immediately, and tell them to ahelp to get approval. Asleep any who continue to attempt to attack CIC before mutiny is authorized.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell the person to tone it down, and possibly note if it was especially bad.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Textbook griefing. Ban for 24 hours and file for perma if they have any history of this. Aheal those affected.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Message them to be sure they aren't new/confused. It can just be an honest mistake sometimes, but if they have a history of this, xeno jobban. Note otherwise.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Remind them of LRP rules, and note. If they have a long history of xeno LRP, xeno jobban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform them hivemind is a translation of xeno thoughts so words like 'dropship' are allowed.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Remind them that they have no knowledge of what's groundside and note for it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If it was properly roleplayed and they were in imminent danger if they did not evacuate, it's allowed. If not, note them.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell them to calm down and remind them of Rule 0.2. Note them if they continue.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell them we cannot remove larva because they SSD'ed in a risky location. Tell them to go to medbay to have it removed.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely remind them of the correct ruling. If we're both deadset we're correct, ask a higher staff to clarify.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Say nothing, if the argument gets heated inform a manager.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I love CM and would like to keep it great by helping keep rules enforced

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience and being willing to admit when one is wrong.

Anything else you
    Are mods allowed to take mhelps if they aren't being answered?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen in ingame not much interaction with him myself. He is chill and Helpful. Seems pretty competent to do his duties. +1

Anything else you
    Are mods allowed to take mhelps if they aren't being answered?
    Yea. As long as you know the answer to it. All good.
    Last edited by MixMash; 04-23-2021 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Wrong Reply.

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are good, +1
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a cool dude, a mentor, wiki contributors, and bo'ytill so I have to +1. Also the answers are good so that counts for something.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note that the 13 hours I gave for 1 week is an approximation and I could do more if needed.
    Quick question, when it says Communication with staff, are Voice Chats used? I have no mic, aren't planning on buying one unless it's 100% required.
    Last edited by FrankTheMagicPotato; 04-30-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voice chats are not required! Sometimes we have meetings however you can just listen in and type your responses. Its gonna be a +1 from me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answers are fine, most important though. I watched them play in game for many hours now and +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, check Discord DM's.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021