Date of Incident
    April 22, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Herbert Thomas Beard

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    aiden bashline,nina pacheco

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    7 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 11, and possibly rule 10

Description of the incident:
    So to start things off me and Albert Staffer got into a scuffle on the Alamo pre first drop we called each other names and started fighting each other. (me and staffer have done this on the DS three times now and it has never escalated into a knife fight or a shootout) anyway another marine got involved over the fight between me and staffer and it snow balled from there. next thing you know four MPs roll up to the Alamo and try to break up the fight the way any MP player would by flashing everyone on the DS and pepper spraying the ones on that were causing the most hassle. the anger shifted towards the MPs as it always does and a few insults towards each other and MPs were handed out. i got dragged off by an MP screaming at staffer etc etc, long story short i was brigged for 25 minutes for: assault,major Interference and resisting arrest. it was only me and JD that got arrested over the brawl. i dont have any real complaints about my original brigging. I believe an MP was trapped on the Alamo on its way down to the planet I'm not 100 percent sure what happened during first drop with the MP getting lynched but i heard it may have been justified from an IC stand point.

Skipping to the main reason i wrote this PR. during the final minutes of the OP the CMP faxed HC about the COs so called NOD over the lynching of the MP on the Alamo during first drop. i dont see how the CO was involved in the MPs mistake of dropping with marines but thats just me. the main problem with all this is that before the response gets back the fucking CMP has the Gall to role into CIC with her gestapo and arrest the CO for NOD like something out of one of stalins purges. she then gets one of her MPs to process the CO. again without HC approval.

I was being released at this point and when i saw this going down i just had to act so I punched the MP processing the CO and took up my knife and hit the MP once in the foot. the other MP that did his job like any normal MP would do clicked on me once with the flash and I was stunned. whilst I was stunned the fucking MP processing the CO shoots my with his mod 88. I somehow get out of my cell with the other MPs id an come back at the MP still processing the CO and kill him with my knife and try to free the CO. bear in mind the CMP is just watching this all happen on the other side of the door.

the vid speaks for its self really.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Up to Admins but at least a warning so this does not happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replying with my POV from this op, as well as the one who took the video (ignore my professor in the background I'm being a bad student). I was an SO from op start and had grabbed a pair of sec HUDs like I usually do because Id rather not be AOE flashed, I walked into the alamo after brief and witnessed about 6 marines marked for arrest and the CMP attempting to subdue multiple marines. At this point I believe I called out to the CO that MPs were already arresting a bunch of marines on the DS and he made a comment about MPs brutalising marines on the DS. Alamo left and I then watched on helmet cams as the CMP called out an MP was being lynched on the DS. I believe the MP was on the DS trying to arrest another marine and was caught stuck on it when it launched, a rookie mistake. I then returned to normal SO duties until about when the op was coming to a close when the CMP and her band of ruffians waltzed into CIC asking for the CO. At this point I knew the CO was going to be arrested. As someone who is not shy about their status as an MP main I knew that MPs needed an official HC fax to arrest the CO, and I was asking the CMP where said fax was during the COs arrest. The CO was arrested and no such fax was produced, on my way to brig while following the MPs a report from HC came over ARES stating essentially that arresting the CO was illegal as they had not yet recieved a fax back from HC. I then enter brig and start berating MPs over this clearly unjust arrest as seen on the video. The contents of the video ensue and Aiden Bashline then PROCESSES the CO Despite the provosts office stating the arrest was illegal and starts to strip him and put him in brig when our hero Herbert attempts to free the CO from the MPs. All the while the CMP watches on. Thankfully the op was over at this point and marines had already won. Thats really all that I think I have to say about this topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was MP Nelson Navarro. I was the one who overwatched Herbert/Joe while he was brigged and saw everything go down. I was actually hoping he would make this report. So I was the original MP who called in the fight. "I said there is a fight on Alamo" that is all. As Joe stated couple of MPs showed up, they started getting attacked so we had to make a few arrests. About 11 marines on the Alamo were marked as wanted by I think it was the CMP. I thought this whole situation was blown out of proportion so I got one Marine and gave him an NJP of 15 push-ups. They complied and I sent them on their way. While I was headed back down to check up on the situation. I see about 2-3 marines get brigged. When I arrived, I then saw (as Joe stated) an MP get on the dropship while it was taking off trying to arrest someone. From what I know we did not hear back from that MP, but do not quote me on that. I procced to talk with Herbert/Joe for a while and I express how this is unfortunate for both of us but we will work through this together (cheesy, I know), but he is still very upset. He then walks into the yard, goes into the bathroom-and thankfully I checked, starts stabbing himself. I flash him, and bring him back to his cell and then he starts punching himself. I still am trying to calm him down, but he is still upset. Another MP and I put a straight jacket on him and Joe and I begin to converse again (in an attempt to de-escalate). He express his frustration for the events that occurred, and I keep talking to him. He says something along the lines of "I am going to kill the MPs when I am released". He then requests an appeal from the CO and they talk for a little while. I then remove the straight jacket and have him sit on the bed as he seems alright now.

I made a rash judgement and I want others to learn from this mistake. As the OP ended I released Herbert/Joe a minute early so I stopped the timer. I take full responsibility for doing this. HOWEVER, I do feel that this would not have made a difference as I feel Herbert/Joe would have done this anyway no matter when he was released. I released Joe, he bursts out of the cell takes his bootknife and stabs an MP. The MP fires back using lethals (justified) and shoots him while he is on the ground (unjustified).

As you see in the video I "the other MP that did his job like any normal MP would do" flash him. Right as I almost have the cuffs on him (as I also had to take off his satchel) he recovers from the flash, proceeds to push me down, takes my ID card off, breaks out of the cell, and stabs the CMP and other MP. The MP shot at Joe and the round ended as I was strapped to the bed.

Moral of the story: a minute can make the whole difference apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "and stabs the CMP and other MP" - looking back on the footage, they did not stab the CMP. My mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Mess Sargent that round. When I heard on comms that the CO was being arrested I went up to the brig( as you can just see me on the edge on the right side of the screen). To sum up it up most of what i say and and heard is being said by Butcher the SO and the CO. I can confirm that while the MP did fax HC to arrest the CO, they did not wait for a response back before they went to arrest him. While I dont know what was in the fax it self, if going buy what is reported is right, I dont see how a MP being on the first landing down and being lynched by the marines (cause we all know MPs are hated most of the time) is the fault of the CO. As it was later confirmed that MP had failed to see through the proper SOP when it come to arresting the CO. Not to mention most of us hearing this happen wondered how the hell is the CO being briged for: how a MP being on the first landing down and being lynched by the marines is the fault of the CO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have an issue, someone else will handle this
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because a lot of events happened this round I only included what was relevant to MPs arresting the CO (with some context). If there is anything that I didn’t include that you think would be important let me know either with a reply here or message me on discord!

Herbert getting into a fight on Alamo with Staffer + other marines getting involved:

Spoiler Spoiler:

MP comms during Alamo arrests + CMP talking to CO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO Alamo launching with Aiden on board:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP and CO talking during Alamo arrests:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nina plans the arrest of the CO and writes a fax (not properly logged):

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nina gathers MPs briefing them on situation:

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO being arrested without fax reply near round end:

Spoiler Spoiler:

After this the events of the video take place where Herbert escapes and tries to free the CO and shortly after the round ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reviewing logs and footage. Tallfission will be receiving a warning for improper lethal force, and MsLoveShacker will be receiving a warning for arresting the Captain without HC approval. Resolved.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present