User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items you vend from Squad Leader vendor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Items you vend from Squad Leader vendor.

Just want to see what people prefer to take from Squad Leader vendor.

For me, first of all, I just ask in Squad comms if any of the marines want Flamer or Pulse Rifle Mk1. If I get no answer, I just vend Flamer set and throw the flamer outside of my Prep room along with its fuel tanks. I take the C4 and Binocs and put it in my armor slots. So, for the stuff that cost points, I usually vend these:

2 Motion Detectors - 10 points (I throw the other one out of my prep for marines and Spec)
    2 Oxycodone injectors - 4 points (to replace 2 Tramadol injectors in Auto-injector pouch with them)
    Sensor Medical Hud - 4 points

Now I have 27 points left, I generally pick different items depending on the Map I'm playing and to the lesser degree, squad I'm leading. For example:
    If I'm on Bravo, I'll vend some Plasteel or Metal sheets and hand it out to Engineers.
    If the map is LV and I'm on Delta Squad, I pick extra Plastic Explosives a.k.a C4 to blow up tunnels.
    If the Squad have a lot of Medics, I'll vend some Medical kits for them and etc.

I don't vend special ammunition or attachments as I think those are waste of points because you can get them from Requisitions or Squad vendors easily.
    So, my question is, what do you usually vend from the vendor when you're playing Squad Leader? Are there any circumstances where you vend something different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihad7 View Post
    Just want to see what people prefer to take from Squad Leader vendor.

For me, first of all, I just ask in Squad comms if any of the marines want Flamer or Pulse Rifle Mk1. If I get no answer, I just vend Flamer set and throw the flamer outside of my Prep room along with its fuel tanks. I take the C4 and Binocs and put it in my armor slots. So, for the stuff that cost points, I usually vend these:

2 Motion Detectors - 10 points (I throw the other one out of my prep for marines and Spec)
    2 Oxycodone injectors - 4 points (to replace 2 Tramadol injectors in Auto-injector pouch with them)
    Sensor Medical Hud - 4 points

Now I have 27 points left, I generally pick different items depending on the Map I'm playing and to the lesser degree, squad I'm leading. For example:
    If I'm on Bravo, I'll vend some Plasteel or Metal sheets and hand it out to Engineers.
    If the map is LV and I'm on Delta Squad, I pick extra Plastic Explosives a.k.a C4 to blow up tunnels.
    If the Squad have a lot of Medics, I'll vend some Medical kits for them and etc.

I don't vend special ammunition or attachments as I think those are waste of points because you can get them from Requisitions or Squad vendors easily.
    So, my question is, what do you usually vend from the vendor when you're playing Squad Leader? Are there any circumstances where you vend something different?

I normally vend some tricords and oxys for myself, maybe some c4, a sensor hud, and flamers for the marines because they are super cheap in SL vender. Oh, and an MD.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    motion detectors are always worth it, E tools are always worth it on maps with dirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flamer - free
    5 stacks of plasteel for engineer - 35 points
    1 sensor hud - 4 points
    MD - free from req
    autoinjector pouch x2 - one for spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to the pleb above who vends the flamer of all things trash. MK1 or I'll execute you somehow someway somewhere.

buy 2 extra sensor med huds for your RTOs they can use them 8 points
    Vend Oxy like candy for the ungas.
    Vend C4 for explosive hell
    Vend welding goggles if you're weird (Just get a HPR kit from REQ and steal the goggles.)
    Spare MDs for everyone
    And if you're really stingy / with your points you could buy plasteel because plasteel cades are never bad to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreydis View Post
    buy 2 extra sensor med huds for your RTOs they can use them 8 point.
    Nice tip. I always thought RTOs can buy Sensor Huds for themselfes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Vend the MK1- take a MD and a Advanced first aid kit- grab a sensor hud, rest of the points I blow on meds for the rest of the squad and dump it outside my prep.

(C4 is optional)
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreydis View Post
    Don't listen to the pleb above who vends the flamer of all things trash. MK1 or I'll execute you somehow someway somewhere.

buy 2 extra sensor med huds for your RTOs they can use them 8 points
    Vend Oxy like candy for the ungas.
    Vend C4 for explosive hell
    Vend welding goggles if you're weird (Just get a HPR kit from REQ and steal the goggles.)
    Spare MDs for everyone
    And if you're really stingy / with your points you could buy plasteel because plasteel cades are never bad to have.
    engies and rtos can hack vendors in engineering to get some welding goggles, most people in the squad can't use c4, MDs and plasteel cades are almost always worth it, it's possible to get more plasteel cades than you can safely support with metal/sandbag cades though. oxy is good but if your medics are competent you probably won't need much of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have points you don't use, buy large mag pouches and toss them outside your prep, they almost hold as much as a belt and they cost marine req points which could be better spent on unga supplies. I love it when SL buys the squad MD's or large mag pouches, shows they care about the squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get 2 auto inject pouches, give 1 to the spec and ask spec for a large mag pouch in return. If you were gonna get the large mag pouch yourself at least, cause now spec has injects yay. I always buy the medical HUD and 2 oxy, replace the tramadol with oxy. I also 99% of the time buy a first aid kit, and put a bicard into my helmet, and put the tricord from the first aid into the injector pouch, taking the bicard slot. You don't have to buy a first aid kit, but it means there's more for ungas to use instead, so it's worth it imo.

Here's a fun fact for SL loadouts: A GA-8 pouch and a large mag pouch is a total of 7 slots, 4 medium and 3 large. An ammo rig and a first aid kit is 6 slots only, 5 medium and 1 slot (large) that's only for your kit. Which means if you have access to GA-8 and large mag pouch (all SLs do) you should always take it! "but why would I want to fit first aid??? I want ammo!!!111"

Personally I always use L4A2 or MK1 on my back slot. With either a flamer or shotgun on suit slot with a mag harn on em. I'll get into what I bring and where later.

A first aid kit can fit C4, roller beds and any medical stuff. For example if you're someone that puts c4 in your armour slot or whatever. Put the c4 in the first aid kit instead, put medical supplies (not your injectors, still wear the pouch!) Put a roller bed or two in the first aid, they're for 'reloading' your quick swap roller bed. Your quick swap roller would be in your webbing vest or armour. Roller beds are severely underrated. You can combine them with a flamer and block off xenos attacking you while you roll away with the casualty. By the way flamer tanks fit in the GA-8 as well! or you have 1-3 rollers in your inventory to give to others to do the same. Sacrificing a few slots to save marines that would've gone perma otherwise is a great trade off.

"But now I only have the large mag pouch for ammo, I need MOAR!" You can either use the GA-8's 2 other slots not used by first aid kits, or your SL armour. A great way to carry around lots of ammo effectively are MK1 mags. MK1 mags are simply rifle AP, which means you can refill M41 MK2 AP mags, or L4A2 AP mags. A single MK1 mag is almost 4 refills of L4A2 AP. My standard loadout is 4 L4A2 AP Mags in my large mag pouch, 2 MK1 mags in the armour and a roller bed in armour too. That's basically 12 mags of L4A2 AP, which will be enough for the vast majority of rounds. Extinguisher and laser desgs in my webbing vest. With 3 slots of buck if I'm running a shotty, or else I fill it up with nades or fire extinguishers if I have flamer. Flamer tanks in the GA-8 or buck depending on what I'm taking.

For C4 usage it depends heavily on the map, here's a run down on what I bring. If the first aid kit (remember to put c4 in it!) isn't enough. Just bring a backpack in your hand with some c4 and whatever else. I suggest flares or ammo.

LV: 2 C4 if not tunnel hunting. 7 C4 if you are. LV has about 5 tunnels colony side. You can usually blow up all tunnels by 12:36-ish. You will need the other 2 for wall spam and such.

Solaris: 4-5+ C4 . You need 2 to break into lambda, Viro or ETA podlocks. Filt podlocks (right east of ETA podlocks) has a nightmare mode that makes it so you need 3 C4 total to break in. Which means you can't break into any other podlocks. However there are 4 fuel tanks at engineering (just north of ETA) which you can put near any podlocks to blow them up instead of using C4. Sometimes xenos blow these up but they usually don't. Then you have to consider that Bar/Office/Administration/Medical fights might make you use 1-3 C4 to flank the xenos and actually win there before you've even gone to a podlock! Which is why I consider you can get buy on 4 C4, but if you get the filt podlocks nightmare that requires 3 and the fuel tanks are exploded you're fucked. Either give a c4 to an RTO or someone if you have to. But I heavily suggest 5 C4 on this map.

Kutjevo: 1-2 C4. A large majority of the walls can't be C4'd, and the map is mostly open. You can bring not that many, and at most you're probably gonna use like 1 on average. You're likely gonna be blowing up a tunnel south of botony or north west of it and that's really it.

Science Annex: 2-3+ C4. This map is pretty open, but there's lots of small corridors and stuff you can get into. Most of these are crawl-ways you can bayonet open. But C4ing them so they're not 1x1 corridor hell holes is a good approach. You can bring more c4 if you want, but it's not a big deal.

Ice: It is nice, and it needs lots of C4. At least the previous version did. There's many corridors and chokes, similar to Science Annex, opening them up so xenos can't corner camp and so you can flank is a very good strategy. I brought 7+ on LZ2 usually. The only place you needed c4 above ground was dorms to break up the doorways. Who knows what the rework'd map needs?

CORSAT: 2-3 C4 will do you enough. The main thing you need them for is to open flanks around the big podlocks that go into other domes. For example SW jungle dome has a great C4 flank that goes past the direct west route. I havent played CORSAT in a long time but 2 minimum. I took 3 usually. Which is 1 podlock flank and an extra wall to blow up if you need it, and you probably will.

Trijent dam: 2-4 C4. There are 2 seperate podlocks close to each other at engine room. You don't need to destroy both of them, really. After you use those c4 it's great to have an additional C4 to break into research lab (NE buildings) in the map. It has many great flanking opportunities. Or you get bwoinked for c4ing into hive by 12:29 I guess.

Sorokyne Strata: 3-6 C4. Engineering/power/medical has many walls and Soro is notoriously difficult to break into and establish a good foothold. C4ing walls specifically south engineering is a good way to not get flanked and open up sightlines. If you are racist against C4 and will never bring it, Soro is the only map in which you should get over your phobia for it, as you must bring it, or you're gonna die in Engineering or medical. However C4 is pretty useless when you're past the buildings and are in the jungle/caves/lake.

Almayer: 100 C4. It is a must. Blow up CIC and brig. Free your fellow ungas from the shackles of Command and MPs. It is not merely a duty but an obligation! Service guarantees deltard-ship.

If you have any questions let me know. Except when it comes to PBing and being good at this game. I'm bad at those.

Please play SL more it's literally more important than XO/SO.