User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Items you vend from Squad Leader vendor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Get 2 auto inject pouches, give 1 to the spec and ask spec for a large mag pouch in return. If you were gonna get the large mag pouch yourself at least, cause now spec has injects yay. I always buy the medical HUD and 2 oxy, replace the tramadol with oxy. I also 99% of the time buy a first aid kit, and put a bicard into my helmet, and put the tricord from the first aid into the injector pouch, taking the bicard slot. You don't have to buy a first aid kit, but it means there's more for ungas to use instead, so it's worth it imo.

Here's a fun fact for SL loadouts: A GA-8 pouch and a large mag pouch is a total of 7 slots, 4 medium and 3 large. An ammo rig and a first aid kit is 6 slots only, 5 medium and 1 slot (large) that's only for your kit. Which means if you have access to GA-8 and large mag pouch (all SLs do) you should always take it! "but why would I want to fit first aid??? I want ammo!!!111"

Personally I always use L4A2 or MK1 on my back slot. With either a flamer or shotgun on suit slot with a mag harn on em. I'll get into what I bring and where later.

A first aid kit can fit C4, roller beds and any medical stuff. For example if you're someone that puts c4 in your armour slot or whatever. Put the c4 in the first aid kit instead, put medical supplies (not your injectors, still wear the pouch!) Put a roller bed or two in the first aid, they're for 'reloading' your quick swap roller bed. Your quick swap roller would be in your webbing vest or armour. Roller beds are severely underrated. You can combine them with a flamer and block off xenos attacking you while you roll away with the casualty. By the way flamer tanks fit in the GA-8 as well! or you have 1-3 rollers in your inventory to give to others to do the same. Sacrificing a few slots to save marines that would've gone perma otherwise is a great trade off.

"But now I only have the large mag pouch for ammo, I need MOAR!" You can either use the GA-8's 2 other slots not used by first aid kits, or your SL armour. A great way to carry around lots of ammo effectively are MK1 mags. MK1 mags are simply rifle AP, which means you can refill M41 MK2 AP mags, or L4A2 AP mags. A single MK1 mag is almost 4 refills of L4A2 AP. My standard loadout is 4 L4A2 AP Mags in my large mag pouch, 2 MK1 mags in the armour and a roller bed in armour too. That's basically 12 mags of L4A2 AP, which will be enough for the vast majority of rounds. Extinguisher and laser desgs in my webbing vest. With 3 slots of buck if I'm running a shotty, or else I fill it up with nades or fire extinguishers if I have flamer. Flamer tanks in the GA-8 or buck depending on what I'm taking.

For C4 usage it depends heavily on the map, here's a run down on what I bring. If the first aid kit (remember to put c4 in it!) isn't enough. Just bring a backpack in your hand with some c4 and whatever else. I suggest flares or ammo.

LV: 2 C4 if not tunnel hunting. 7 C4 if you are. LV has about 5 tunnels colony side. You can usually blow up all tunnels by 12:36-ish. You will need the other 2 for wall spam and such.

Solaris: 4-5+ C4 . You need 2 to break into lambda, Viro or ETA podlocks. Filt podlocks (right east of ETA podlocks) has a nightmare mode that makes it so you need 3 C4 total to break in. Which means you can't break into any other podlocks. However there are 4 fuel tanks at engineering (just north of ETA) which you can put near any podlocks to blow them up instead of using C4. Sometimes xenos blow these up but they usually don't. Then you have to consider that Bar/Office/Administration/Medical fights might make you use 1-3 C4 to flank the xenos and actually win there before you've even gone to a podlock! Which is why I consider you can get buy on 4 C4, but if you get the filt podlocks nightmare that requires 3 and the fuel tanks are exploded you're fucked. Either give a c4 to an RTO or someone if you have to. But I heavily suggest 5 C4 on this map.

Kutjevo: 1-2 C4. A large majority of the walls can't be C4'd, and the map is mostly open. You can bring not that many, and at most you're probably gonna use like 1 on average. You're likely gonna be blowing up a tunnel south of botony or north west of it and that's really it.

Science Annex: 2-3+ C4. This map is pretty open, but there's lots of small corridors and stuff you can get into. Most of these are crawl-ways you can bayonet open. But C4ing them so they're not 1x1 corridor hell holes is a good approach. You can bring more c4 if you want, but it's not a big deal.

Ice: It is nice, and it needs lots of C4. At least the previous version did. There's many corridors and chokes, similar to Science Annex, opening them up so xenos can't corner camp and so you can flank is a very good strategy. I brought 7+ on LZ2 usually. The only place you needed c4 above ground was dorms to break up the doorways. Who knows what the rework'd map needs?

CORSAT: 2-3 C4 will do you enough. The main thing you need them for is to open flanks around the big podlocks that go into other domes. For example SW jungle dome has a great C4 flank that goes past the direct west route. I havent played CORSAT in a long time but 2 minimum. I took 3 usually. Which is 1 podlock flank and an extra wall to blow up if you need it, and you probably will.

Trijent dam: 2-4 C4. There are 2 seperate podlocks close to each other at engine room. You don't need to destroy both of them, really. After you use those c4 it's great to have an additional C4 to break into research lab (NE buildings) in the map. It has many great flanking opportunities. Or you get bwoinked for c4ing into hive by 12:29 I guess.

Sorokyne Strata: 3-6 C4. Engineering/power/medical has many walls and Soro is notoriously difficult to break into and establish a good foothold. C4ing walls specifically south engineering is a good way to not get flanked and open up sightlines. If you are racist against C4 and will never bring it, Soro is the only map in which you should get over your phobia for it, as you must bring it, or you're gonna die in Engineering or medical. However C4 is pretty useless when you're past the buildings and are in the jungle/caves/lake.

Almayer: 100 C4. It is a must. Blow up CIC and brig. Free your fellow ungas from the shackles of Command and MPs. It is not merely a duty but an obligation! Service guarantees deltard-ship.

If you have any questions let me know. Except when it comes to PBing and being good at this game. I'm bad at those.

Please play SL more it's literally more important than XO/SO.
    Sir, this is a Wendy's.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok and?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bravo SL loadout
    grab M41 kit, pop a bayo+rail flash onto the MK1, set to burst fire and turn the rail flash on
    toolbelt rig
    black webbing vest
    autoinjector and general pouch
    motion detector, and a whistle for attempts to coordinate my squad
    50 sandbags, 10 metal
    i use this loadout for any map, any time. not perfect, but works pretty good for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    If you have any questions let me know.
    Woah, I never thought about seeing this many tips in this thread. These are really informative and useful tips, thanks for sharing these. Also, you can use holy bibles similar to first-aid kits to store shotgun shells, grenades, protein bars and engineering tools (Very handy if you're playing as Bravo SL to maintain FOB). Might be useful in times where you can't access first-aid kits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to SLing, but I've been using the MK1 kit myself, vending a MD, whistle, splints, healthscanner, medHUD, and 1 C4 for myself. This leaves me with a fair number of points which I usually spend on plasteel.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    frontliner SL loadout
    - grab mk1 kit, buy a flamer and two tanks with points
    - autoinjector pouch, replace the tram with oxy, grab a flamer pouch from req and give away a LMP to ungas
    - ammo belt, flamer on armor and mk1 (masterkey + reflex) on back
    - c4 and rangefinder in armor
    - whatever else i need in webbing/helmet, usually buckshot, splints, and bandages

i could probably optimize this with a large mag pouch and armor pouch + a medkit and unga flasks instead of injectors, but i am lazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be a pal and vend an auto injector pouch for your spec.
    All specs want one.
    Besides that I always do 2 MD, 2 oxy and the medihud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the spec is being a dick and isn't responding just be a chad and vend 2 large mag pouches.
    - fill your ammo pouches and armor with mk1 ammo there is usually enough in the squad prep vendors
    - vend the mk1 of course reflex bayonet
    - vend the medical storage rig and steal a bunch of meds from the medical bay or use your points on them
    - get a shotgun m37 with mag harn, bayo, agrip/gyro and put buckshot in your medical storage rig
    - you can hold 1100 rounds of AP mk1 ammo with this build 1200 if you use the SL ammo or the medium armor
    - As delta SL just spam ammo everywhere like a budget smart gunner who can actually plug xeno pushes
    - black webbing c4 mre everything else small goes here
    - ask people what they want from the vendor and be ignored. just vend whatever you want at that point they had their chance lol
    Last edited by ObsidianCrow; 09-20-2021 at 03:10 PM.