User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marines and Predators, whats RP appropirate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marines and Predators, whats RP appropirate?

This has been on my mind after getting killed a handful of times by a Predator, despite not wanting to fight them personally.

Firstly, I recall reading in the honor code that any hostile that attacks you is deemed a worthy enemy.

Marines tend to avoid this just by not engaging or interacting with predators, which I'm fine with and all, but here is what gets me killed.

1. I'm hunting Xenos then I see a Predator dueling a marine, in character wise I'm thinking "Oh shit, one of my comrades is getting killed, gotta do something."

2. My Squad encounters a predator, and the Squad Leader gives a direct order to engage and kill the predator.

3. I come across a Predator, and seeing that its an unknown entity (Marines are to supposed to treat predators as first contact according to RP standards) I target the predator with captive mode, the Predator immediately forces me to fire and uses that as a free pass to deem me a worthy target.

all 3 of these scenarios have ended up with me getting slaughtered and in some cases turned into trophies.

How can you avoid provoking a pred yet keep it RP appropriate? From the marines side, Predators are neutral, but not to be treated as friendly or even possibly hostile, how would you guys go about this?

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't, they're antagonists. Maybe they'll spare you if they feel like it, maybe they won't.

It is perfectly within their right to kill you. You wouldn't ask the same question replacing "xenos" with "predators".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dont want to fight preds dont engage them in any fashion, if they shove you or punch you just keep moving torwards the front or fob. Dont follow orders that will lead you to engaging with them. 99.99% of the time this will keep you from being killed by a pred.

Now if you want to hike up your skirt and see if theres anything down there that dangles, youre gonna wanna lock your character northfaceperm slide up to them and make that screen shake with the shotgun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You can't, they're antagonists. Maybe they'll spare you if they feel like it, maybe they won't.

It is perfectly within their right to kill you. You wouldn't ask the same question replacing "xenos" with "predators".
    Your right, I wouldn't be. Perhaps I am looking too deeply at the whole RP aspect of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only know they can't intervene with front line battles. But if you drop your gun to avoid the fight, they can kill you for that. The best thing to do is try to disarm them and run back to alamo hoping to get some memes out. I mean...don't do that actually just avoid them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    disarm them, take their weapon, kill them with it. Like a true fucking usmc marine would

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know who to call on Delta comms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way to avoid predators doing anything to you, is to be actively engaging in the Marine vs Xeno conflict. If you're fighting xenos, chasing them, running from them or doing fob related duties, it's dishonorable for them to engage you as you are already engaged.

Role play-wise there isn't a common ground. Some predators will mark you as a warrior if they see you killing a lot of xeno or winning an honor duel, but not all of them will know of or respect that enough to care.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The proper RP reaction is to gun them down on sight

If you don't wanna fight them you can just act like they don't exist while they Kanye stare you down

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The proper RP reaction is to gun down the obvious hell killer space beast because it looks like a hell killer space beast