0 Thread(s)

sambo - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID:
    RamboSambo123

Discord ID
    sambo#2363

Marine Name
    Calvin Mills, although I've been playing with random names enabled for a long time now.

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Bha'ku De'Rojok

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    The Bhu'tu sect of the De'Rojok clan.

I recommend reading this before the character story, of course.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

506 words, more or less.

Yautja Character Story
    This story shows my character preparing immediately prior to a Hunt.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2542 words, 5 pages.

Pasting part of it to have enough characters to post.

'Rays of sunlight were suddenly cast across the ridged, metallic hull of the approaching Hunter ship as the horizon of the desert planet below gave way to the upper rim of the system’s sun. The gleaming vessel continued while retro thrusters fired to desperately fight against the hull’s momentum, aiming to slow the craft into adopting a sufficiently low orbit over the body below.'

The surface of the planet immediately beneath the ship was similarly illuminated, soil cracked by inhospitable dryness having almost been painted gold by the star’s photon brush. The extreme contours of the surface were brilliantly accentuated as vast shadows cast by craggy and incredibly steep mountains spilled across rock-strewn lowland valleys, juxtaposing the terrain. The variance in altitude between the highs and lows of the terrain was truly something to behold, the planet’s sharply wrinkled surface somewhat resembling a peach pit from orbit.

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this guy's application sit in here without any responses for a while and decided to spectate him a bit while doing staff observer stuff over the past few days. He's not acting LRP, and doing solid IC interactions appropriate to the roles he's playing. Can't really comment on the Clan story, because I'm not a pred guy, but I liked the backstory story. Clearly some effort put into it.

I think he deserves a shot at the WL, for all it's worth.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this sat for so long, my guy, I'll throw you some questions:

1) You are duelling a marine (not an honour duel), and about halfway through the fight you start losing. As the marine is about to crit you, a Lurker pounces the marine and kills it, then says "You're welcome hunter" and walks off. What do you do?

2) You've taken a Thrall and geared it up, and head down to the planet in order to find some prey to test your thrall on. As soon as you land, the Thrall is gunned down by two Deltas screaming "TRAITOR FUCK YOU". What do you do?

3) You accidentally press your cloak macro during a fight, and hit your opponent while cloaked. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    1) You are duelling a marine (not an honour duel), and about halfway through the fight you start losing. As the marine is about to crit you, a Lurker pounces the marine and kills it, then says "You're welcome hunter" and walks off. What do you do?
    Had the fight with the marine been an honour duel, the prey would have instantly been marked dishonourable and I would have made sure to dispatch it as such before it could cause any more disruption.

However, given that this situation is not based on an honour duel, but rather a regular one-on-one fight between myself and a prey, the Lurker does not earn the dishonourable mark. While it is a shame that what was likely a good fight against a particularly robust Marine had to end in such a way, I have to remember that Xenomorphs and Marines are meant to kill each other in pretty much any circumstance.

Personally, though, I would probably consider the Lurker to be worthy prey after proving itself by killing a robust Marine, even despite the circumstances. I might therefore decide to hunt it soon after it killed the Marine - given it's at full health and not otherwise unhuntable. This obviously is not mandatory, but I feel it better suits the personality I plan to give my Yautja character.

I personally wouldn't know whether to consider the Xenomorph's behaviour in this situation LRP or not. They obviously shouldn't help the Yautja, but their actions in this situation could easily be chalked down to them just wanting to kill a Marine while quite reasonably not wanting the trouble of fighting a Yautja one-on-one. Personally, I believe the Lurker's behaviour in this situation would not be cause to mark them as dishonourable on grounds of LRP, especially if I'm unsure.

2) You've taken a Thrall and geared it up, and head down to the planet in order to find some prey to test your thrall on. As soon as you land, the Thrall is gunned down by two Deltas screaming "TRAITOR FUCK YOU". What do you do?
    This situation would be a shame, for sure.
    As per the honour code, however, Yautja typically must not save their Thralls unless they have already defeated their opponent. The two Delta marines are not dishonourable in killing my Thrall, however easily and perhaps 'cheaply' they did it. The death is the fault of my Thrall, who has failed to defend himself or herself.

When my Thrall is killed, my concern should shift to their equipment. Any Yautja equipment I had given the Thrall must be recovered, and I would obviously be prepared to fight the two Delta marines should they make any attempt to stop me.

The body itself is not important, but in this scenario, I feel like I would not have any reason to treat it with any kind of special respect, given the Thrall has died before it got the chance to prove itself to me as a strong warrior. Considering this, I would probably leave the corpse where it lay for the two Deltas to deal with at their discretion.

I believe that the Deltas were not behaving particularly LRP in this scenario, especially if I had perhaps terrorised them earlier in the round and had therefore developed a legitimate hatred for the Yautja. Realistically, they probably would not know that Thralls are taken against their will, and so may legitimately believe that the Thrall they killed was a human willingly collaborating with an enemy. All this being considered, I wouldn't personally mark the Deltas as dishonourable.

3) You accidentally press your cloak macro during a fight, and hit your opponent while cloaked. What do you do?
    I am assuming that my opponent in this example is not dishonourable. If they were, then the fight could continue as normal.

By cloaking, I have breached the honour code while hunting a prey. I am to immediately stop, without exception, and separate myself from the prey if they keep attacking even after I cease. To facilitate this, I may tackle the prey to give myself time to demand they stop through the bracer's translator, or simply leave while they try to get up. The Yautja movement speed advantage should make this more than feasible.
    However, I am not entirely sure whether tackling the prey in this manner would count as me not immediately ending my hunt of the target and therefore not be allowed - it's obviously not really specified in the HC, so I'm just going off common sense.

If my attack seriously injures the prey, such as taking off a limb or putting them into critical condition, I would make an attempt to return them, in a relatively safe manner, to their teammates. For a Marine, this could be their FOB or their squadmates. For a Xenomorph, this could be their weeds (away from the frontline, so they are not shot by Marines while recovering). Anywhere where the prey would be reasonably expected to make a recovery should work.

These answers are obviously based both on my knowledge of the Honour Code and how I believe my Yautja character would act in these situations. If anything is unsatisfactory, please let me know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application - Accepted

Pretty descriptive story, you've put a lot of effort into your application.

RP vouch from Forty.

All that's missing is funny crayon text from neko.

See you in the hunt my fella.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505