Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

superjo98 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    superjo98

Player Name You Use Most?
    Dawson 'Child Beater' Hook

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC -7 (MST)

What is your discord username and handle?
    superjo98#1797

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commanding officer is to oversee both the shipside and groundside aspects of the operation. They use the tools and personnel provided to them to accomplish this, often delegating issues that can be handled by somebody else, so that they can focus on more important matters.

I believe that the CO also has an OOC duty to try their best to make the round fun for everybody else playing. Out of all the whitelisted roles, the CO has the highest impact on the round. They've been given tools such as battlefield executions, the ability to change SoP, and the ability to pardon, which is the main difference between a whitelisted CO and an XO. I believe the CO whitelist is more than just good commanders getting a cool rank and gun. It's players that have been trusted to use the tools at their disposal to make sure the round flows smoothly, they're capable of making or breaking the round for a majority of the player base, and this whitelist was made for those that wish to do the former.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Soomis told me to roll XO when he was planning on going CO, and I did. That got me back into command, and I re-discovered why I used to love the role. Way back when I was planning on going for CO but never got around to it. I played a good chunk just to make sure I was up to speed with things, and at this point I feel comfortable and often have loads of fun leading the op as XO. Having the funny blue star is just icing on the cake.

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with command positions?
    Very familiar, I am comfortable in all command positions. Although I prefer to play XO for the most part. I don't often play roles like SO and SL, but I have had to fill in for them.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    23 hours recorded, however I also played before playtime was being tracked. I don't have an exact count, but it's above the 30 hours necessary.

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    Very familiar, I have played every department head role except for CMP. I have often had to run departments on my own as synthetic. CMO, RO, and CE are all pretty simple roles.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    Very familiar, I quickly re-read it over before making this application and there wasn't anything in there that surprised me.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    Battlefield execution should be used:
    1. When somebody is a major threat to the operation, and calling the MPs isn't possible.
    2. When my life, or the lives of those around me are in danger, and non-lethal take down isn't an option/is too risky.
    3. Attempting to overthrow command.
    4. Kind of a repeat #2, but delta alert when somebody is actively harming the efforts of the ship crew to handle the situation

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    I would pardon a prisoner if the benefits of them being pardoned outweigh the severity of the crime they committed. If the only pilot officer gets brigged for breaking a window, of course I'm going to pardon them. However if said pilot officer tried to kill the CMO then I wouldn't.

I understand that I've left this answer pretty short, so if anybody reading this app wants to ask any questions about in which situation I'd pardon somebody I'll do my best to answer.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much to say. Jo is incredibly trustworthy for the CO whitelist, and that story is fucking hilarious.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0 standards wl

good player and slave, easy +1
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent application, amazing and hilarious story which is also short and to-the-point, can personally vouch for superjo's competency in any and all required departments and fields. Likely the best whitelist app of the year as well.

I give this a glowing, chungusoidal +1.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the story, and i like the person.

was a pred and synth councillor so i'm pretty sure i can trust them

also
    However if said pilot officer tried to kill the CMO then I wouldn't.
    you can't really pardon them anyway, attempted murder is a capital crime and the only form of pardon would be from HC

+1
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally have not seen you play XO or SO while I've been gaming myself, unfortunately. As such, I'll have to trust my fellow COs that you can, in fact, be trusted with the WL. Since you have the other WLs, and are a Mod, I have no doubt you can be trusted, however. Just keep that in mind, however. It's probably just timezones being wacky, since I'm EU.

The one thing I do want to ask more about is PARDONS however. Your question included that "if a PO tried to kill someone, I wouldn't consider pardoning them." It's important to remember that you legally CANNOT pardon them anyway, because (attempted) Murder is a Capital Crime, and regular pardons may only be granted for minor or major crimes. Capital Crime pardons require HC clearance.

With that said, here's some scenarios I'd like you to answer with as much detail as you see fit. All of these assume that you are the Captain of the Almayer:

1. Several Marines have been arrested for constructing makeshift weapons aboard the Almayer, such as Spears, Prods and otherwise. First Combat Drop and Briefing has not yet occured. The XO has advised you to change the Standard Operating Procedure to allow for legal carrying of makeshift weaponry. The CMP, upon inquiry, reports that Brig is at full capacity, with 5 Marines now in custody and brigged for FFP (Carrying an illegal weapon), varying degrees of DtGP (breaking windows and hacking vendors). Some are also charged with Resisting Arrest. How would you go about lawfully pardoning these Marines?

2. Your Executive Officer is demanding a pardon for a Squad Leader who was brigged for Neglect of Duty for refusing to deploy to, instead, partake in a MT-built Bar in R&R. The SL is yelling over Almayer comms, calling MPs a bunch of swear words and asking his fellow squad mates for a jailbreak via squad comms. What would you do?

3. You are currently in the Brig, typing out a pardon for a Squad Engineer who was arrested for Major DtGP (Dismantling chairs in Briefing without allowance) and Resisting Arrest. 5 seconds before your announcement goes out declaring them pardoned, the prisoner shouts out over Engineering comms to one MT in particular, telling them to place C4 on the Common Room hull to escape. The CMP immediately argues that the Engineer is charged with conspiring to jailbreak due to this, and that your Pardon is rendered null and void as a result, since it happened shortly beforehand. What do you do?

4. You have been made aware that the SADAR is brigged for Assault (causing a fistfight) and resisting arrest. You have declared that you wish to pardon them, though you have decided to remain in CiC to continue leading the Operation at this time. The Warden raises his voice and claims that it is illegal for you to pardon the Spec without being present in the Brig to see the Prisoner. What do you do?

Sorry if this is a text wall aaa
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so you were 'Child Beater.' Saw them on the operation, and shown multiple victories on the mission.
    Even on critical situation, they were calm; Which is needed for the CIC teams.
    +1, no doubts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post

I believe that the CO also has an OOC duty to try their best to make the round fun for everybody else playing. Out of all the whitelisted roles, the CO has the highest impact on the round. They've been given tools such as battlefield executions, the ability to change SoP, and the ability to pardon, which is the main difference between a whitelisted CO and an XO. I believe the CO whitelist is more than just good commanders getting a cool rank and gun. It's players that have been trusted to use the tools at their disposal to make sure the round flows smoothly, they're capable of making or breaking the round for a majority of the player base, and this whitelist was made for those that wish to do the former. [/I][/INDENT]
    Best answer, great player and a good dude. Already know its a +1 from me

Have fun answering the dozens of questions about random and niche ML situations
    Last edited by Dreven; 05-03-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk about jo as any commanding role(I still play cm and answer mhelp) but hes a pretty cool guy oocly and also a p cool admin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 pooperjo