Personal InformationByond ID?
    tristis123

Marine Name
    Sebastian 'Vitriolic' Hale

Other Whitelist Applications
    None.

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Auxili

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Gained from their visage, Sebastian Hale, they share the same sarcastic expressions and prudency, although never are annoyed at tasks or any requests assigned for them.

Often heard to say random quotes, picked up by listening to Sebastian speak, they have collected a good bunch of them that they use depending on the circumstances.

They possess the same interest in life, and research, often spending time examining and evaluating their findings, analysing their worth.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Supportive roles have always been my forte, and I find myself vastly more useful (and more enjoyable) being able to carry out supplemental tasks. Helping always has been my main goal in life, and games; and I believe this would be a step further in my search to help more marines at faster and better intervals.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Decided to not tar the screen and created a google docs. character story.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Since I've played numerous support roles, engineering hasn't been untouched. I won't do copy pasta, but field engineering, and shipside engineering is adequate, as repairing and (re)building, refueling, activating shipside components or fieldside is not a trouble.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Fairly well, I've spend my third and fourth most played times as Staff Officer and Executive Officer, so I know the implemented features, and how to run the show.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Exceedingly well, being able to run medbay myself only, often letting all doctors to deploy if it is lowpop, and there's only two or one, I always prepare myself to treat any issue for at least 3-4 people at once.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Fairly well, I know the basics and systems used, requirements and asrs; since when I played command, or there was often not anyone in requisitions, so I had to multitask and do that, as well.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    If foreign forces attack the Almayer, since they're not protected by ML, and immediate life-danger causing xenomorphs, these are the ones I would actively respond to, as I apply for a non-combat role, and would rather just like to escape the threat.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I feel I could exercise more as a synthetic; and be one. Sometimes I even wish to not be thanked and just perform my job when I'm busy or doing errands. It is as if I already exhibit some patterns of a synthetic; and being one would surely help to impact my ability to assist and aid those in need.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and thank you for applying.

While I can recognize your capacity for roleplaying and staying in-character, alongside your consistent presence in a medical role, this application has far too many problems to ignore.

For starters, Auxili isn't an ok name. Synthetic names need to be as "Average Joe"-esque as possible, not exotic.

As mentioned, I only know of you playing medical roles, I have no clue of how well you do elsewhere because I've only ever seen you play CMO.

The story and quirk are not ok either. The story is a description of your marine character which mentions the actual synth in one sentence at the very end, and the quirk is your synth being a carbon copy of your marine character? That's just a hard pass. Alongside it being lazy, it goes against the roleplay standards of synthetics - because synths are unfeeling machines, any emotion displayed is purely artificial, and as such more subdued than how a marine would act in a similar situation.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically what 50rem said

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quirk should be reviewed, I suggest talking to people on the discord in #whitelist-app-help and having people review your story before posting your application.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    won't echo
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the quirk is kinda questionable. but everything else is what 50rem said
    I think you'll be fine otherwise if those were changed.
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 05-19-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tristism, took me awhile to get around to posting things on apps because I have been busy.

Let's start with experience, you are extremely experienced in medbay and I can vouch for your many hours with medic and CMO roles.
    However, you should be able to get others to vouch for your engineering and requisition roles too - synth is kind of a support WL where it's good to be recognized for these things.

Next, your app itself. In my opinion, you should try to find a new quirk. Yours is unique but causes a lot of potential problems and isn't really in the spirit of RP because.. you are basing a character off of another character.
    Your story is pretty lacking, especially for someone like you. I usually get the notion that you are a good roleplay who can stay in character and keep immersion in a universe, so I have the feeling you can write a WAY better story than that. Keep thinking about a story, and if you can't think of a good prompt, then just write an example story showing off your (new and revised) quirk. I am certain you can do much better than what you currently have.

Finally, your combat question. You gave regulations instead of actual hypothetical examples, think of some actual scenarios where you would be involved in and have to be combative as a synthetic.

Don't let your first app discourage you, though I would recommend you to revise it and try again!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, aren't you the same guy who said:

“I still fail to understand why I should know what a synthetic can and cannot do, even more so IC.â€

“I was assigned and there to protect command, and I did what I had to do to preserve it. I am not guilty or ashamed of what I did at all. If you believe being a synth permits you doing "unga, funny pistol moment", it does not. I did what I had to do, and I will do so again.â€

“Jobban me from military police, I don't care, the community is already toxic about them and all you people do is release rulings like these that just continue ruining fun, and by extension, stop people playing these roles.â€

50Rem already accounted for all of the problems within the application itself, but he didn't really bring up your OOC personality. Unless you've had some revelatory catharsis and are now a person who can handle pressure, I don't want you on the whitelist.

This application is denied.
    Synthetic Senator