Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draky - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Drakyry
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Mike Goldberg
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    none right now
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    not a job ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    i dont remember
    Total Ban Duration
    4000+ minutes
    Remaining Duration
    What other servers do you play on?
    none
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    never been banned
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    No
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    Homopbohic something
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Apparently calling an MP a fag (for an IC reason too) is a bannable offence. The admin in question also have claimed that "i have a long history of notes" as a reason for a ban, yet as far as I am concerned my last note is from over a year ago. So either having played CM for a long period of time now grounds for increased bans, or that reasoning's retarded.

I am also getting worried that the dreaded SS13 SJWs have finally gotten to CM by now. Because I very rarely use insults against other CM folks (unless i have really good reason to), and I myself have been called various insults by folks on CM both years ago and just over the past week, which makes me suspect this is either a personnal vendetta, or, more likely, an attempt of admin to intervene into the round flow by having the brigged spec get removed from the round (there' was an admiral deployed on Almayer during this round and I suspect the admin who banned me was him).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and just to add, just over the past literal 2 or 3 days I've seen the n-word being used in hivemind chat not once but several times, and that's hivemind chat where the n-word is also fucking OOC. And I know the person (which i am not going to name) hasn't been banned because he's been playing with the same xeno handle as before.

I also am almost positive that
    >an attempt of admin to intervene into the round flow by having the brigged spec get removed from the round
    has almost certainly played a role in my ban because if you look at my convo with the banning admin he started it off with "please don't do that again" but then rapidly switched it to "ooops you're getting bwoinked" after I've been arrested the second time (this time for the same reason as the ban - calling the CMP a fag). So I want you to keep that in mind, because if that admin who banned me was the admiral who was deployed on almayer during the round, then he should almost certainly not have been issuing bans due to the conflict of interest if nothing else, and I am pretty sure that'd be an actual rulebreak on the admin's part.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021/05/05: [15:48:03]ADMIN: PM: Drakyry/(Mike 'Merchant' Goldberg)->Ben11567/(Godwin Weinstein): and/or possibly an action of a butthurt admin who seem to have originally intended to give me a warning but after having been embarrased over the course of this convo decided to ban me instead
    Absolutely not. I will not even entertain this.

You have a history of arguing with our staff, and we are volunteers. We don't have to put up with attitude like this, just because you didn't get your way. You can insult players by saying "fucker" "moron" etc... but our rules changed that we don't allow racism/derogatory/bigotry words. Also "Well other people say the n word" is not a valid defense. You see people breaking rules, you ahelp them. Now we allow a little leeway cause the community accepts the context of player RPing a and saying "What's up my nigga" but if someone says "Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger" that's a rule violation.

Your ban is staying, using the word fag is unacceptable. There was no conspiracy to remove you from the round.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids