0 Thread(s)

Gnorse - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Gnorse

Marine Name
    Oussama 'DOA' Neghiz

Other Whitelist Applications
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=17079: (very) old commander WL - Accepted

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Desmond

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    As a cross between a service and an advisory unit, Desmond acts as a mix of two personalities: An overly respectful, friendly and well mannered butler, and a wise, knowledgable and experienced old man. Someone you'd go to for either physical tasks you want performed, general advice on one of many topics, or both.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    over time playing CM, I've found myself gravitating towards and enjoying support roles more and more: healing marines, constructing defenses and overall being helpful. I feel like synthetic is the ultimate support role, and since I mainly play during low-to-med pop hours where supportive roles are unfilled and most synthetic players aren't online, I think I could be very useful.
    Roleplaying as a robot man would also be pretty fun.

Synthetic Character Story
    ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar. I've played a good amount of CE, MT, OT and Squad engineer. Capable of doing every engineering task including building, repairing and reinforcing FOBs, scavenging for materials, repairing APCs or creating new ones, restoring power, hacking doors, loading OBs and creating OT grenades to name a few.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Being a whitelisted captain, I'd like to think i've got good command experience, be it shipside command (managing squads, sending supplies, launching OBs(which synthetics can't do), using the announcement console and relaying info) or groundside command either leading a single squad or the entire force. I also have enough understanding of ML to not break it and enforce it if need be.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Squad medic is my most played role after PFC, and i've played a lot of nurse and doctor as well. I've memorized all surgeries that matter, common chemical mixes(IA, KD, TB...), most chemistry recipes and can practically bring someone back from anything given enough resources. I'll admit that my weakest point in medical is research as I haven't played much of it, but I can still do a decent job analyzing chems and research documents, mutating plants and creating custom stims and chems.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Although I haven't played CT/RO much since the playtime reset, I can still one-man REQ if needed. I know the attachment vendor layout, slang, know where basically everything in requisitions is and can prepare supply drops/launch them using squad/echo pads.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetics are meant to avoid conflict unless necessary. For example, You are allowed to fight if you are:
    * Alone near hostiles and have to enter combat to escape. Your goal is to survive, not kill the attackers.
    * Treating a wounded marine and/or moving them to a secure area and getting attacked, you may fight to defend yourself and the marine until the enemy leaves or reinforcements arrive. You do not chase.
    ** An exception is Delta alert, where combat restrictions are removed and you're able to engage hostiles more freely. However helping marines by building, healing and such still takes priority.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nothing particular comes to mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirk is a bit generic, but the player is trustworthy. +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I have seen you as a medic a lot, and possibly engineer. I don't recognize you from requisitions, but to be fair req is just knowing to not buy donuts (sorry req mains) just make sure you can put together a FOB crate, which bids the question:

What would you put in a FOB crate?

Also;

You are carrying a marine back to the FOB, on hydro road (uncaded) and a warrior pounces the marine, grabbing them from you, and starts slashing them and punching. You're alone with the marine, and xenos are pushed back to caves. What do?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player, quirk and story are fine, rest of the app is also fine and I remember you playing all the neccesary support roles over the months/years and can attest to you being good at them.

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

One of the OGs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post

What would you put in a FOB crate?
    - an FOB crate would normally contain building materials (Metal, Plasteel, Sandbags if you know marines are going to fill them up), several backpacks filled with flare packs, various magazine and ammo crates, a box or two of MREs and any items the marines have requested (if they're reasonable). Sending a couple fire extinguishers and welderpacks to help engineers deal with acid on barricades never hurts either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post

You are carrying a marine back to the FOB, on hydro road (uncaded) and a warrior pounces the marine, grabbing them from you, and starts slashing them and punching. You're alone with the marine, and xenos are pushed back to caves. What do?
    - I'd immediately call for help over FOB squad comms then grab the marine back. If the warrior doesn't back off, fight it until it leaves or help arrives then continue dragging the marine back to the FOB.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOB question is very nice to see, combat answers as well as your follow-up are adequate. And nothing is missing in that respect.

Quirk is workable, there are very similar butler-style quirks already in use but that's fine as it is a fairly useable quirk. Your story also demonstrated your quirk and gave me a fairly decent idea of how your round to round RP will go, which is important.

You have vouches for skill competency, and your questions were enough to have me believe you know what you're doing and can fit into the support role nicely. So for that you get a +1.

Best of luck if/when you play Desmond!
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you a +1, your answers were good, and you have good vouches. Just make sure to not get burnt out on your quirk, otherwise you will be a very boring synthetic. If you talk like you did in your story, you'll do fine.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, welcome aboard.

Commodore Greg Lauffer