Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Robotic Potato

Marine Name
    Irene Rockfelt

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Buddy

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Buddy served a very short stint in childcare and its had some dominance over his personality. In general Buddy refuses to be rude, crude or otherwise negative. Buddy maintains an up-beat and positive personality no matter the situation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    In general I've been pretty dismissive towards synthetic in the past. I do enjoy in general the support roles the synthetic plays, mainly I'm just interested in playing the character. I have no idea why you should whitelist me though, I'd rather not toot my own horn but I guess I know what I'm doing and I can roleplay.

Synthetic Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very much.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Very.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Decently, as in I don't know the meta basically since I don't play it often. That being said I can order crates, hand out shit and send it down just like anyone can.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Generally only for matters of self defense, or the defense of someone in their care ala, wounded unable to mount a defense; or when no other persons can defend the synthetic and retreat isn't immediately available Synthetics are able to kill attacking enemy forces such as xenomorph, CLF, UPP etc; though still only in defense. Otherwise when handling marines they're to remain non-lethal in their use of force. Generalizing as well if something runs from a synthetic they're not intended to chase it, instead focusing on the priorities of friendly forces support needs along with their own self preservation.

All of these, barring the non-lethal force with marines is laxed when hijack occurs.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

bottom text

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

rp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't doubt your ability with any of the required roles but I wanna bring something up before 50rem does.

Buddy is a weird name for a synth, it's a normal name, but it just feels wrong in this context. Can you think of a better name?
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I could probably think of another name, personally I really do like it, but if that's like the hinging point I'm sure I can think of some generic random name because it's not like just the name makes the character. I can understand the sentiment behind it being inappropriate; of course like you said Buddy is a name used plenty, though usually informally for like stage names name like Buddy Holly. I would be lying if I said some of my intention was to play on the double meaning of the name to sort push along how he's meant to be inhumanly friendly, I didn't see much issue myself because that's how a lot of real life names were made wanting to sort of emphasize what they hoped for their child and I figured given this is an artificial life form it wouldn't be too entirely uncharacteristic on top of the fact it's well an actual name used by some people.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    story was short and displayed your synths quirk nicely. I can vouch for RPs competence in game. He's also vice president of the esteemed "little bitch club" so you know he's trustworthy. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is short, but it displays your quirk nicely, so I have to give you that. The quirk is rather generic, but I'd rather you have a mediocre quirk that you can actually use rather than an extravagant quirk that you stop roleplaying with after your first week as synth. As for your knowledge in everything, you know how to do everything, just play more support based roles for now, just to be sure. Don't mess up.

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go ahead and +1, the name doesn't bother me too much and 50rem can grill you on it if he wants
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't vote on WL applications, but Buddy is a pretty common name, especially in areas of the south of the United States.
    The mayor of Orlando first name is Buddy.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey buddy your opinion is invalid until you start roasting your chicken good
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart