Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Taterthetank

Marine Name
    James “Tater” Pacheco

Other Whitelist Applications
    Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Norman

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Norman is especially inclined to give cautious remarks and evaluations regarding workplace safety and cleanliness standards, much like a very adamant OSHA employee. Other than his programmed infatuation with safety, his personality is rather kinda light and cheery but becomes noticeably more “concerned” when matters of safety are at hand. Speaks louder and more enthusiastically than normal.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Despite my love for playing support roles, that’s not the only reason I wanted to gun for the synth. I never really felt inclined to play a hardcore dedicated character in CM, and I think being a synth would be the perfect opportunity to play as a cool non-human artificial person with a funky quirk that I can express. Besides that though, yeah synths are the ultimate support role. Be it building and barricading, to frontline surgery synthetics can do it all! And that’s something I’ve been looking for. As for why ya should whitelist me? I can’t provide a solid answer, but I doubt I would let the whitelist down!

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

It's a story!

Special thanks to Naut for looking it over and really fixing and enhancing it quite a bit!

As well as thanks to fortelian for helping me go over my quirck.

And thanks to everyone else who looked it over and left feedback!

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Very familiar, although recently I haven't given it much attention as I have other roles. I used to main CE/Engi a bit ago, and still fairly consistently play it when I feel like doing some building or creating something funny(and legal). But non the less I am still very familiar with the art of FOB building, frontline barricading, bar building, and all mechanics attached to engineering(including VC and auxiliary stuff).

How familiar are you with Command?
    Very Familiar, probably my most played roles besides Medical/SEA/MP. Be it from SL to a department head, all the way to CO I’ve done it all, even if I’m a boring CO. I know all the mechanics/skills related to each role to the T, which I think is why this question exists!

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Genuinely has become my most played role now (when I’m not Meta-rolling). Although I mainly main medic and CMO, I've done my fair share of grunt doctor field surgery as well. Painfully enough I’ve memorized the mainly asked for chem mixtures, as well as a few oddball medicines and formulas. My time as a Numpad-spamming medic has made me confident in my ability to cure all ailments that a medic can fix. And the other half is filled in by my time as a doctor/CMO, and I’ll admit when I originally thought about gunning for this app I had memorized most of the surgeries, but didn't know some of the more niche things about surgery (failure chances during certain conditions mainly) But I think I’ve ironed that out by now. So be it from running medbay alone as a CMO, or as an unarmed deployed doctor with a bag(or bible) full of tools. I'm confident enough in my surgery/field surgery and medical machinery/chemistry skills as well, as well as the aforementioned medic skills.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I'll admit, I RARELY choose to play requisitions over my more preferred roles, that doesn't mean I ain’t competent in it. I've played my fair share of CO/XO/SO/SEA(and yes I know I’m not supposed to mention SEA but I’m forced into req more often than I’d like), and for the sake of this app, I’ve put in the effort to play the req dedicated roles (CT/RO). Through my work in both dedicated and non-dedicated req roles, I'm very confident that I can run it on my own, as I have many times before.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    This one a Lil hard to not rip directly from synthetic programming, but here we go. Synthetics can engage in combat if themselves or others are in danger, however, they should focus on NOT rushing off to kill something, and instead focus on deterrence/disablement, not aggressive engagement. That’s, pretty much the basics of it. Here are some examples.

-A medic is carrying someone back to the LZ1 from the frontlines at south offices on Solaris, both the bar, medbay, and admin are all uncaded. There is nobody around but you happen across the medic being harassed while en route to the LZ by a runner. You have an axe and ample ability to kill the runner. The runner pounces the medic and you attack with your axe, the runner is now 2 hits away from critical. When the runner nears you take every option to wack it without straying from the medic and wounded. Eventually, you kill the runner after it pounces the medic a few more times. The medic returns to the FOB and you head to the front to assist with support duties.

Alternatively (solo)

-You are carrying a resuscitable engineer back to the Forward Operating base stationed at LZ2 on LV-624 from western barrens. The front is currently at the barrens, and Xenos are moving in from the north at containers with one squad of resistance. Both marine engagements are busy and all marines are at the front, however, there was a tunnel unblown near science somehow. A warrior appears and attempts to grab you, you strike it several times with your weapon but quickly hurry off to grab the body you dropped. If it continues you rinse and repeat but you focus on making your way back to the FOB.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Nothing other than yet another thanks to mainly Fortelian for helping me with my quirck, Naut for really helping me with my story, and all the others that gave me some feedback!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, taters been around for awhile. learned alot, wish he displayed what he learned when I was around in other support roles (CE, CMO) but none the less I feel confident he will make a great synth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, Taters been around for a while now, I've personally seen him in every single support role (as well as SEA for hundreds of hours). He knows his shit and knows it well. Can't wait to violate OSHA regulations and be yelled at by him.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey.

The story was adequate at demonstrating your quirk. Your quirk is useable for the standard CM round and it's unique so that's great!
    You have a few vouches, which is fantastic. Your skill questions alleviate any possible concern to your competency so no issues here.
    Combat questions are also answered well. Nothing really more to add here.

Ultimately I have no problems giving you a +1 here. I have the utmost faith you'll be a fine synthetic.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You came to me for help with your story and I enjoyed reading over it. The quirk is a cool idea, and I've only had good interactions with you. You have support from others regarding your knowledge, and I know first hand you're pretty smart, so I have no qualms with giving you a +1.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

don't make me regret this decision

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tater, you got 4/5 (boyyo is too busy being a beast to post on apps) of the council to +1 this application, and including my personal inclination to accept you. I want you to know that I value 50Rem's hesitancy to +1 this application, and we're going to take that into account going forward.

This application is accepted, don't let us down bro.
    Synthetic Senator