Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QuickLoad - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    QuickLoad

Player Name You Use Most?
    Leon 'Top' Konrad

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    //showthrea...ight=quickload Yautja Whitelist - Accepted
    //showthrea...ic-Application Synthetic Whitelist - Accepted

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    UTC-08 I believe.

What is your discord username and handle?
    QuickLoad#0243

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a commander involves many different responsibilities. Most important of all, he must be a good leader. He accomplishes this by giving clear, direct purpose to each of his subordinates. He takes care of the wellbeing of all whom he leads. He maintains the integrity of the mission at hand.

In CM, this is mostly the same, but you have the additional responsibilities of ensuring that the marines have the best chance they can get to play the game, especially those on the groundside. Preserving the flow and initiative of the game is of utmost importance. Not far behind that is ensuring that there’s an immersive and enjoyable environment for everyone.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    The Commanding Officer role is something that I’ve always been sort of interested in since I first started playing CM. Though in the past I felt like the role did not have as much to offer as other aspects or WLs about the game. That said, CIC is a unique playstyle and one of the many aspects I can enjoy in CM. Recently, I’ve been getting back into playing XO and I want to explore more avenues of gameplay and roleplay.

In addition, lately people have been spamming me to go CO, which I can’t, so.. That’s certainly a relevant factor here. One final note would be the ability to award medals to marines who truly do exceptional feats. Sometimes I feel like certain marines don't get the recognition they deserve when they risk life and limb!

Provide a short story of your Commanding Officer.
    The resounding thud of combat boots against a granite floor echoes quietly through the hull of a spaceship.
    “Damn computer… why do these things lag so much?”
    “Computers go SSD, sir?”
    “No, I mean the RAM and shit.”
    “Ah, just download some sir.. ..heh..”
    “Get out.”

Illuminating the man’s face now was a wave of dim blue hues, before the computer finally cheerfully chimed a beep to life. “Welcome to: US Marine Corps Base Camp Takoma. This computer’s AI is powered by Weyland Yutani, building better worlds.”
    “Yeah, yeah. Just get me the info on the new guy, will ya? His name is Leon Konrad, folks from G2 ain’t seen him around these parts. Wears combat fatigues like some grunt.”
    “Processing.”
    “Accessing Marine Corps personnel files.”
    “Logging enlistment files…”
    “Logging officer files…”
    “I have a Marine by the name of Leon Konrad, sir, he is an O-4, Commander, stationed aboard the USS Yukon. He is deployed here on temporary assignment.”
    “That’s him. What assignment?”
    “I am afraid I cannot say.”
    “Thanks, computer. Pull some files on him.”
    “The latest document I have on Commander Konrad is his REPTIF commendation, dated for last month.”
    “Sure, put it through. Let’s see it..”
    “Accessing record…”
    https://imgur.com/a/OlxaAtg

ExperienceHow familiar are you with command positions?
    I’m very experienced with command positions. I actually solo CIC more often than I don’t - did it a lot in late 2019 and been getting back into the groove, I’m very confident with it and it’s only natural since I tend to XO on lowpop hours. I’ve played every department head, though RO/CMO are the ones I do the most. I have a plethora of SL experience, as it is the first role I’ve ever ‘mained’, holding over 127hrs on old stats and over 43hrs on current stats. I have a very good understanding of what makes a good marine op, including its requirements and needs. I am not afraid to take calculated risks, like the one I just took today where I had a full combat redeployment to attack the stolen DS. I'm confident that I'm able to take initiative to push marines towards the success of any operation.

Approximately how many hours do you have as Executive Officer (XO) at the time of writing this application?
    At the time of writing this application I have 19 hours since timelocks, but as stated earlier I’ve been playing this role since 2019 and have atleast 75 combined hours. I’m confident in my ability to see the mission through. I will be playing while this app is up as well!

How familiar are you with Department Head positions?
    As stated earlier, I am familiar with every department head position. I play CMO/RO the most though.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure?
    I have a good understanding of SOP and of ML despite the many shifts over the years that we’ve had it.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used?
    A battlefield execution should be used when the integrity of the operation, command, or imminent lives are at risk. The ultimate objective of a battlefield execution is a means to resolve these problems. This is a battlefield implement that should be used sparingly when other methods are not available, or not possible in a timely manner. For example, an angry marine who was marked insubordinate C4’s the CIC doors and walks in, slugging the XO with a beanbag and going up to him to execute - he should be BE’d. Another example, while I am deployed as a CO and the FOB is under siege, a maintenance technician who deployed without orders starts to prime and detonate multiple grenades from an HEDP box, which results in a large amount of marine casualties and caches beingcades to be broken. He’s disarmed and goes back shipside. I get critical organ failure from a scissor slashing ravager and I have to go up. Later.. he proceeds to C4 the reactor, req, and goes to bomb the CIC’s OW consoles. He should be BE’d, because he is putting the entire operation’s integrity at risk with his foolish actions, and must be stopped immediately. A third example is if a CMO declares the CO insane and says he has to be relieved of command, when this false accusation is met, he then tries to drug me. It’s quite obvious he’s trying to usurp the command structure, and therefore I BE him for Sedition.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner?
    It is legal to pardon a prisoner when, as a CO, you’ve become aware of the crimes that someone has committed, and roughly when they’ve committed them. If they have committed minor/major crimes, then they can legally be pardoned with an announcement which should include the marine, his crimes, and the reason why I am pardoning him. For example, Sgt. Fool is our SADAR, but broke a window and was jailed for DTGP. He also tried to run and was charged with resisting arrest. Now he’s got 12 minutes on the clock but the xenos aren’t going to wait 12 minutes. So I pardon him so that we can have some vital firepower against the queen and some T3s!

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Document on your commander is good, and a refreshing take on the story part of the CO app. I can personally vouch for this players competency in game, also very trustworthy in all regards. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I haven’t had you as my XO other captains who I’ve spoken to all agree that you are good in the role. The story is creative and shows you have interest in the whitelist. The only problem I can see is something very minor and a personal preference, while the sadar is a vital asset to marines pardoning them whenever they commit a crime sets a bad example and makes players believe they can get away with any crime. You are responsible for any prisoner you pardon so if the player decides to break more laws because they know you don’t want them arrested that can get you in trouble. Apart from that it’s a good app that I’m happy to give a +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a no brainer. A good player, great SEA and mentor as well. Your story aproach is simply amazing and i love it to bits. Your answers are good, apart from some minor things, but you'll learn those by experience.

Easy +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to mutiny you

+1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely love the fresh take on your story. Props for going the extra mile for that!

Seems like an absolutely solid app, player and person. I have nothing to really add here, though I'll certainly remember your name in the coming days for XOs.

+1 meanwhile! Good luck!
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what bongoz said, otherwise a CO I can't wait to serve under +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's just as racist as me 1+

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support and feedback guys! I appreciate it a lot and I'm glad that this app is enjoyable for you all so far

Quote Originally Posted by ben11567 View Post
    While I haven’t had you as my XO other captains who I’ve spoken to all agree that you are good in the role. The story is creative and shows you have interest in the whitelist. The only problem I can see is something very minor and a personal preference, while the sadar is a vital asset to marines pardoning them whenever they commit a crime sets a bad example and makes players believe they can get away with any crime. You are responsible for any prisoner you pardon so if the player decides to break more laws because they know you don’t want them arrested that can get you in trouble. Apart from that it’s a good app that I’m happy to give a +1
    You bring up a very good point! As you said, it's mostly personal preference. For the most part I believe that should time permit, I will base my pardons off of the marine's attitude. If they seem to lack remorse or responsibility, then it's likely that they may become a repeat offender and should not get a pardon. However, if they understand what they did was wrong and understand the responsibility of their role(especially in a crucial moment), then I think a pardon would be worth it! Of course, it is always a gamble, but the bigger picture of operational success is usually going to be the deciding factor for my character when the lines are drawn.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's leon.
    he good, no extra comment from ur observer main
    +1