Amber Walsh
    Their BYOND Key
    SolidFury7
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:03 CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    1. Explanation
    Description of the incident
    So, I sent out a fax for an IC incident involving me and an MP. The arrest was done because I welded the doors to Brig closed and I faxed because they didn't have evidence, to which HC intervened and supplied Brig with sufficient evidence. So, I did my time and complied because I did in fact do it, though I was being a nuisance because nobody was around and didn't want to be arrested when nobody saw me do it. So, I finish my time and leave, to which I am to be arrested again because I supposedly lied in fax about welding my door. I gave myself up with a fight and I took it to an ahelp because it seemed easier on both ends to discuss the issue outside of just papers. I was very adamant that I never lied in my fax. The staff member who had me arrested for lying in my fax discussed it with me and the MPs earlier (who arrested me) told me I lied to HC saying that I didn't weld the doors, to which HC had evidence I did. I never wrote in my fax that I didn't weld the doors. In fact, what I said in my fax that I allegedly lied about was actually me writing about how I SAID IC that I didn't to the MP. That isn't a lie. I did say I didn't weld the doors together to the MP. So, he replies acknowledging that I didn't lie, but decides to escalate things to a ban because he spoke with someone that witnessed me welding the door. I really don't think this is a good reason to ban me when they earlier said that they watched me weld the door and they had logs. My ban was for that reason, saying it's LRP and I shouldn't have ahelped for that. But I ahelped originally about them being wrong about me lying in the fax and it was unfair to have me arrested even longer IC than the time I just got done serving for the previous IC incident of the welded door, all for the misinterpretation. I just really felt having me banned for a minor IC incident (I served additional time for arrest interference, so it was and is acknowledged that it can, will, and did get in the way of arrests) and a reason that wasn't even involved in my original ahelp. To reclarify, the staff I was speaking to was focused on what they thought was me defending myself not welding the brig door, but I was actually ahelping defending myself about not lying in the fax I sent to HC. I was banned because the staff member thought I was LRPing and lying to them continuously about the welded brig door. I even clarified telling them it isn't that. I never said in my fax that I DIDN'T weld the doors. I was very careful with my words and the staff took it the wrong way AND took it that I was defending that I didn't weld it. I did weld it, actually. But my ahelp was to defend me NOT LYING. Not that I DIDN'T WELD THE DOOR. I just want someone else to have a look into this because I don't want to keep notes on my account for something that was completely unrelated to my actual ahelp (the ban was LRP/False Ahelp). (Sorry if this whole explanation of the incident is all over the place. I just want to have everything known about what happened).
    Evidence
    https://paste.pics/CGWNO
    https://paste.pics/CGWN7
    https://paste.pics/CGWPO*

*This is me pming them trying to tell them it's about me lying in the fax, not me welding the door.

(I'm sorry. I don't know a better way to show this.)
    How you would punish the accused
    I'd prefer if that decision wasn't left for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, first off, apologies for the slow replies during the incident as I was on my spare my tiny spare laptop with no mouse, just to observe things when this occured.

I was on the scene already because I was dealing with the situation of the Chief Engineers LRP, this was at round-start mind you.

Now, welding the brig closed at roundstart for no reason is firstly a breach of the roleplay standards we have and is also a breach of the roundstart shenanigans rule we have. Rather than simply boinking you, I decided it would be more fitting if I merely handle it ICly by informing one of the MPs with HC about the breach, which I actually state to the other staff ICly that I'll "deal with this ICly as I'd rather not issue bans"

You sent an appeal to the Provost, exclaiming that you were "falsely arrested" by the MP. That phrase itself insinuates that the arrest was based on false charges, to bolster that claim, you added the Military Police lacked any witnesses. Which, you also were aware of the XO knowing about the brig doors, as he ordered you to fix them when he found out, but more importantly, the Provost itself received ARES footage of you welding the brig up for evidently no reason and issued the arrest warrant. You were caught out in a lie, or at the very least insinuated that you were innocent, along with making requests to have the officer punished/demoted for the arrest.

You proceeded to make two separate ahelps of the situation (I was briefly AFK), which is the point where this IC situation I tried to make it became more of an OOC one, this resulted in me having to another staff having to delay the round for me, while I questioned the XO and opened the server logs, to check somethings (I did this the next round to prevent a delay).

If this situation wasn't pushed to be handled ICly, you would have a note regardless, this was my attempt to be lenient, and it resulted in a delayed server and a lot of wasted time digging for logs because you didn't like the IC resolution.

I'm sure the logs will show the picture regardless when posted.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I completely understand now. I think a lot of what was going on for this situation was a complete misunderstanding. I was never told about what I lied about in the fax (if I was told by you, I'm very sorry and it's my fault). All I can recall is being told by the MP that what I lied about was the welding of the door. I acknowledge that I was causing a lot of trouble for you (and possibly others) for gathering all the evidence. I thought originally it was all about me saying I didn't weld the door. Though it comes more to the understanding when it's explained in a less vague manner like you just did. So, I'd like to apologize personally to you, SolidFury7, for having you have to do so much work just for my case and I thank you for staying calm throughout it. All I got told was that "You lied about welding the door". However, the detailed explanation may have also been included the response to the fax. So, now that I understand more about the entire situation, I see now that I've wasted time not only ingame through the ahelps and investigations, but also here on the forums. I feel bad now because I understand that and I realize that I'm wrong here with this report; I am also thankful now that I've seen your true leniency and I understand that you may be very tired of me because of this entire mess I have made. I apologize for my ignorance and I apologize for the time I have wasted and the efforts expended just for something I should have understood. I'd understand if my ban would be increased because of everything that has happened. Thank you for time, consideration, and leniency throughout this entire incident.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what you've posted, I assume that means you're withdrawing this.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report Withdrawn
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020