Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    BIG

CHANGES

COMING

SOON

hopefully....
    All I ask is these changes be enforced properly, and not used as a potential weapon, like the current standards are.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    All I ask is these changes be enforced properly, and not used as a potential weapon, like the current standards are.
    All I say is hopefully not as much anti fun police
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Wild idea eh, having standards, maintaining them with strict enforcement and upholding the rules. Almost liked that worked for a solid 4 years until the standards dropped and enforcement loosened.

The reach though for you to try and take a stab at me, while never playing during my era while simultaneously posting in a thread that is essentially praising my era of CM for our better standards is so humorous.
    While additionally being banned and warned numerous times for Low-RP in the last couple years yourself during one of the WEAKEST era of CM standards is fucking hilarious.

Damn your credibility for RP Standards and general input is so fucking empty.

But really what you're worried about is you're a Low-RPer concerned about being heavy enforcement due to your Low RP habits.

20 minutes damn, did not expect the summoning work that fast. Also I started playing early 2017 lol, I have LRP notes from that time to prove it

All I say is hopefully not as much anti fun police

based
    Last edited by Dreven; 05-14-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_Bigsnail View Post
    boomer telling us about big changes is like a granny calling whiskers and the rest of her cats in the middle of the night, it catches everyone's attention but in the end nothing changes lole (or ML gets updated! yay to shitty performance masked as doing your job)
    Alright fine pal, I’ve been talking with frozsents during the last month and while I was acting admin manager, I proposed the following stuff which we may do. Other staff have been asking for this as well

-Changing our ban times and making it that permanent bans will actually be community bans (IE you get one, you’re done) You won’t get permabanned for having too many notes. Timed bans will be used a lot more

-Using the IC out of OOC consequences even more, most players seem to enjoy it, but staff are still learning it. We’ve been tweaking it and learning as we go. Survivor here taught us that we should still aheal the victim even though we have IC consequences

-Making a process to allow people to appeal community bans. We let avalanchee back, and we’ve been in talks to unban Zanebot.

-Making sure fire extinguisher gate doesn’t happen again. A lot of us kinda agreed if it didn’t effect anyone else and the RP was in the setting, was it really griefing or bad RP?

-Changing our policy on warning notes, maybe not noting someone for saying WTF, and making a system of verbal warning vs formal warning

Maybe more I dunno
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP Bodycams and audio recorder.

Although seriously, there needs to be talk about MPs abusing their power excessively with that Arresting CO without getting HC response, making interpretations on the fly, etc.

Such as arrests, how can you arrest a person if you dont even announce an arrest. Walk up, unga dunga flash. Drag brig. Charged for Resisting Arrest, despite not properly following Arrest SOP. If its impractical, why is it even there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a outersider perspective, the staff team are in a bit of a mess. Literally there's conflicting ideas on enforcement that what seems to be every level of the staff team. Choose one and stay consistent. Yeah you have rulings but it looks like ya'll still can't decide what to do, and everyone can see the impact.

Also, the oxy incident. What. The. Hell. Thats the most CLEAR CUT instance of a metagrudge I've ever seen. You guys need to look in the mirror, because that report makes me think staff would rather play politics then doing their job.

Another thing, the staff team is setup in a way that moderators do the brunt of the day-to-day work because the admins/heads above them dump the work upon them, as they progress to admeme as well they dump their work on a moderator. This is a unhealthy cycle. Take soldiers idea and make the staff team into "Game Admins" it'll genuinely make the server better.

rant over?

mfw contributors do more work on the server then devs
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres always been conflicting ideas on rule enforcement. Its quite literally been an issue for years. Plus the "secret" rules which can fuck over new players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright fine pal, I’ve been talking with frozsents during the last month and while I was acting admin manager, I proposed the following stuff which we may do. Other staff have been asking for this as well

-Changing our ban times and making it that permanent bans will actually be community bans (IE you get one, you’re done) You won’t get permabanned for having too many notes. Timed bans will be used a lot more

-Using the IC out of OOC consequences even more, most players seem to enjoy it, but staff are still learning it. We’ve been tweaking it and learning as we go. Survivor here taught us that we should still aheal the victim even though we have IC consequences

-Making a process to allow people to appeal community bans. We let avalanchee back, and we’ve been in talks to unban Zanebot.

-Making sure fire extinguisher gate doesn’t happen again. A lot of us kinda agreed if it didn’t effect anyone else and the RP was in the setting, was it really griefing or bad RP?

-Changing our policy on warning notes, maybe not noting someone for saying WTF, and making a system of verbal warning vs formal warning

Maybe more I dunno

With all due respect, absolutely none of these will improve standards on CM or Roleplay.

- IC Punishments work when there's strong elements of roleplay or repercussions to affect a player in-game that it'll deter their actions again in the future. Just a simple example as to why it wont function on the basis of rounds being far too short for players to be concerned with missing out. It's also something near impossible for a Mod to enforce or encourage and requires a lot of meticulous messaging and cohesion to make happened at an IC level.

- Everything else with Bans, Notes, Community Bans and Perma Bans has almost no bearing on standards when it comes to gameplay or roleplay. These are all OOC elements and arguably would actually probably reduce standards if you're being realistic since it sounds like it's lessening bans and allowing people to return who were permanently removed from the community essentially.

I just don't think the things you stated are really going to have a broad effect on the over-all issues.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit a new RP thread, it wouldnt be CM without it.

Anyway...

Current issues...

Still got LRP shit; marines with obvious meme names and doctors EVERY SINGLE ROUND front lining or near front lining (which weakens medbay further as most doctors deploy+weakens even FOB doctors as the doctor is already at containers or hell in the cave why bother)
    Issues with nRP; All of shipside doesnt matter as much, round will be over by the hour mark one way or an other and it requires tech trees being finished next year at this rate. Even if finished it seems it going to be able to reach most of the tech within 1-2hours varying how much you diverge or just be mostly marine based so rounds still end in an hour. Who the hell is going to RP and waste time, just deploy and fight the round ends in a hour. Rounds are too short and shipside doesnt have much to do with engineering not existing, research murdered in broad daylight along with medbay, req is just req, and everyone just deploying to fight and die within that 30 minute battle.

Issues with player driven RP: Ya am pretty sure Fewer let people like carson do whatever they want and just murderbone the marines practically with insane orders and such, there was RP but it was driven by insane COs and such and the resulting mutiny. The problem currently is mods have no idea what is RP or not what the standards are what the hell to do or anything. Mods just exist and pray they didnt cause too much chaos or unfun, sometimes. Admins just make events that may or may not be adminabuse and that about it.
    Player driven RP could be aided by expanding out agents... AND YOU DEAR READER CAN HELP OUT NOW BY JOINING THIS OPEN SOURCE DEVELOPMENT YOU TOO CAN HELP MAKE THIS GAME BETTER AND MORE INTERACTIVE FOR ALL!
    ... if it wasnt apparent I dont think we have devs on agents or anything like that and they need more manpower.

Also Solider at this point it all might as well be corporate speak and the stuff. Pray to the gods that the mods-admins actually use the MPs as manifestations of mod power and give IC consequences to being morons but I ll believe when I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    MP Bodycams and audio recorder.

Although seriously, there needs to be talk about MPs abusing their power excessively with that Arresting CO without getting HC response, making interpretations on the fly, etc.

Such as arrests, how can you arrest a person if you dont even announce an arrest. Walk up, unga dunga flash. Drag brig. Charged for Resisting Arrest, despite not properly following Arrest SOP. If its impractical, why is it even there.
    You pretty much nailed the problem with certain players playing MP, it ruins the fun for other and thus the rest of us avoid play MPs with them so we dont have to deal with their shitty work. I wish admins too more time to idk, teach more players how to be better MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    From a outersider perspective, the staff team are in a bit of a mess. Literally there's conflicting ideas on enforcement that what seems to be every level of the staff team. Choose one and stay consistent. Yeah you have rulings but it looks like ya'll still can't decide what to do, and everyone can see the impact.

Also, the oxy incident. What. The. Hell. Thats the most CLEAR CUT instance of a metagrudge I've ever seen. You guys need to look in the mirror, because that report makes me think staff would rather play politics then doing their job.

Another thing, the staff team is setup in a way that moderators do the brunt of the day-to-day work because the admins/heads above them dump the work upon them, as they progress to admeme as well they dump their work on a moderator. This is a unhealthy cycle. Take soldiers idea and make the staff team into "Game Admins" it'll genuinely make the server better.

rant over?

mfw contributors do more work on the server then devs
    This is the other point that was right. I know its not fair or right of us not a mod or admin to talk a whole ton of shit but this is based on truths. Several different people on the mods and admins team have different ways to enforce rules that go against the rest the people on said teams. From the looks of things at times it feels like the line is so far blurred we stop and ask"bruh what line?" as said line varies from the people players deal with in the Ahelps.