User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Squad Heavy Machine Gunner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before ASRS and its abundance of materials I used to go Engi just for this loadout alone.

Now I can go PFC and reliably get a MG nest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ve tried this same thing before.

It works but pre-positioning is everything. Also reliant on being pushed, not pushing .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HPR is the main heavy gunner for whoever gets it. And when deploying the M56D bipod, It doesn't face the direction you look at and could cause problems for them as marines could push it around and loss it simply. As for myself who has attempted as an engineer to deploy a M56D at the frontline right away doesn't go anywhere as well. Get flanked, pushed or even shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the MG a few times on the move, and it really does not work very well.

Takes way too long to set up: Put the stand down, make sure it doesn't get bumped facing the wrong way, secure stand, attach gun, secure gun, set burst, clickdrag to contr. TOO LATE SPITTER GOT YOU
    Marines are retards and run in front of it. Constantly. (Doesn't help that it's practically invisible on weeds) Then they get mad when you fire a burst and they literally run into the last 1 or 2 bullets after you've started firing. Or you're firing at stuff out of LoS where there's constant xeno blips on your motion tracker and only been xenos for the past 3 minutes and some random PFC wanders back from there complaining you hit him. Or some retard literally just plants his dumb fucking ass right in front of the goddamn gun and refuses to move like what the fuck.

And TONS (ALL) marines don't realize the gun is made of magic and can literally hit you if you stand in the tile right beside it.

I will say that it has single-handedly helped me stop and even push back xeno pushes (with other marines defending my flanks), but ultimately I rarely get kills, it just suppresses. And it also stops marine pushes/becomes unusable once marines push, and because the gun becomes a PITA for xenos I end up being focused by fucking EVERYTHING. My last round using it, after pushing off a praetorian-led charge that almost overwhelmed us, and fending off a ravager trying to play tonsil hockey with its scythe arms while I ran in circles around the gun avoiding it, I fell back with the gun to a mini-fob, set up the gun again, and then the fucking queen with her little posse of runners/defenders comes running out at my side away from where the gun's facing, screeches, bashes down the cade, then ONLY DESTROYS THE MG BEFORE RUNNING OFF.

I didn't even get any confirmed kills with the damn thing. (In large part because shooting xenos while avoiding marine FF on the frontline with the 56D is a fucking nightmare)

I'd love a few QoL changes:

1. Longer LoS
    2. Doesn't hit/kill marines in the two tiles right next to it
    3. Can actually fire over cades without half the bullets getting eaten
    4. Sets up and disassembles faster
    5. Single shot has slightly faster RoF so it's competitive with burst

In general, I'd rather have an HPR with QFA+AG/VG for 'heavy gunner' than a 56D, but the 56D is way, way, way easier to get.

I find the 56D is best used for:
    1. Controlling a tight hallway
    2. Meming on crushers with an indestructible stand that they can't crush through (only if the gun is mounted and secured)

I'm sure 2 will get changed at some point, which will be super lame because having the gun out in the open instead of at a FOB makes you super fucking easy to get hit by crushers. You'd have to move every 30 seconds and that's about how long it takes to set up the gun in the first place. (You already have to move just about every minute because of the fucking boilers)
    Last edited by Boersgard; 02-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Boe.

Expect new kit for PFCs but in req