User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine melee ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marine melee ideas

I think that Marine melee options should be changed to include some of these suggestions.
    First off, Antibio kits should work on melee weapons. Melee weapons could be updated to include a small critical hit chance/ or boost damage a bit, or include limb removal chance against opponents. I mean it doesn't make sense that the throwing knife throws 55 damage, and the machete does 40 damage. The entrenching tool should be upgraded to have higher melee damage, maybe comparable to machete, maybe a little less. Melee weapons (besides knives) should be able to be wielded by two hands, adding more damage or something.
    I want to be able to more confidently run into Xenos with a machete.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the machete does 35 damage not 40 damage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something Something "You're running at a Xenomorph with a fucking Machete, what the fuck do you think is gonna happen?" Something

That aside: Add a Bayonet charge mechanic or something along those lines. A Custom action you can click to have your character charge straight forward in a frenzy, while being VERY unresponsive to moving sideways (meaning you have to aim/predict the enemy's movement, and can't just dodge/turn easily). When you meet a player, friendly or enemy, you deal a fair chunk of damage to them. If it's a human, you should probably stun them too since a person charging you at full speed and hammering a bayonet into your chest is LIKELY to push you off your fuckin' feet, chief.

My two cents.

Edit: This would also add an important bridge between people who like to melee (like you, apparently) and those who enjoy regular gunplay. I think most Devs around don't like giving Marines viable melee because it's uncharacteristic for their faction, and melee is ALWAYS meant to be where xenos absolutely destroy you as a marine. Giving Marines a fair shot against xeno slashing would be dumb. A risky bayonet charge (which would obviously have to be tacked onto a regular rifle, meaning you WILL be able to shoot primarily) means you make yourself vulnerable, and might end up charging past the aliens in a chokepoint and end up dead or captured due to your enthusiasm. It's also a pretty cool thing for last stands, or large offensives. Would love to see the CO order "fix bayonets!" and then whistling as everyone just charges.
    Last edited by LilPenpusher; 05-20-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh. This is like saying "we need more xenos with ranged attacks". For marines, melee weapons are meant for destroying weeds and resin structures, not murdering xenos. About the throwing knives, they exist because it feels extremely badass to use them. If you want to melee xenos, I'd recommend you to use a spear or fire axe which has 45 damage (when wielded) and even then, you will need 6 hits to kill a runner, the most squishy caste. Tho, don't let this discourage you. There're some stories I've heard from OG players that there were legends who went on a killing spree with melee weapons such as that one survivor who managed to kill 3 runners and 1 sentinel with just boxing gloves with no armour. Also, I wonder how Antibio kits would work on melee weapons. Really an exotic idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one ever remembers the marine whos name was literally Unga and he only communicated by saying Unga and pointing at things was the best damn meele marine I've ever seen in my life. He used to play like 3 years ago and I'm pretty sure it was Buck Montes playing as him. He would solely use machetes, spears, axes, throwing knives and traps to kill xenos. Once saw him solo a full health rav with throwing knives and machetes and he wore no armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that was when xenos were actually OP lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm thinking what would be cool is a marine kit containing a fireaxe, maybe a fireaxe holder or something, throwing knife belt, and armor spikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine if there was a weapon that does a shitload of damage at close range. hmmmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that marine melee weapons are fine.

I would like to be able to supplement those weapons with diverse equipment skills. Let marines kind of mimic Xeno skills. Jumpjets for pounce, new armor attachments with requirements as to which armor can do what. Could be a tech tree choice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buckshot + bfa bc m41a