Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please restore CAS to its former glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please restore CAS to its former glory

a plea from the people:

as we can see, railgun isn't affected by pylons because then it would useles
    like how CAS is useless now

CAS is already limited by the following factors
    > needs competent living spotters with JTAC kits
    > needs competent people operating mortar and DS
    > needs a fight in an area of the map thats not underground
    > needs ammo that is finite

and when you add unlimited pylons to this, you get the current state of the game where you dont see CAS in most rounds

we have well made good systems in the code going unused because of the xeno structures change which had its flaws

inb4 >marinebias, I have more xeno hours, I just want the game to be less stale

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, CAS has been butchered. Shame really and the only option I see for it is a complete removal or the removal of pylons.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make pylons a very limited, strategic resource only used by queens or hivelords, to a maximum of like three, that way no matter where you put them they become a high priority objective, which encourages an attack/defense struggle that can actually be won by both sides

oh and when I say a maximum of three, I mean it, if you make a pylon and don't defend it you just permanently lost a pylon, git gud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno mains would cry when the dot/flare that was near them that they ignored because they think they're fast enough to dodge wasn't enough of an indicator. Then they cry that the marine obviously standing to laze that they saw lazing isn't enough of an indicator. Then they cry that the sound of the weapons being fired on them isn't enough of an indicator. Then they cry that the text message showing them the direction it's coming from isn't enough of an indicator. Then they cry that the second text message showing where it's coming from isn't enough of an indicator. Then they cry when they hear the second wave of sound coming from the firemission and they still walk into it.

Sounds like xenos need more indicators

For real though. If there's xenos that know how to play the game and aren't NPCs. Almost impossible to kill them with jtac now. Only people who are new die to it now. But we should still nerf it by giving xenos lots of pylons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Sounds like xenos need more indicators
    At this point, just let Admins to PM xenos so they can run away from CAS strikes.

HeadDev PM from XXX:CAS is striking at North of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe just remove railgun and buff CAS. even as a marine main the railgun is pretty insane right now compared to anything the xenos have. it just gains you ground for free. then again the last game i saw it get used it lasted for 6 hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah dog, maybe if we updated the code and retweeked some shit to make it viable say, keepers ignoring pylons like railguns do that'd be a start. Maybe if we got banshees working again too, currently they don't have fire.
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly something like making lazers be able to slice through pylons with a flare near it would be good too, slowly killing it
    or something like that, give it like a healthbar and make it much weaker to fire, give xenos a chance to repair it with plasma, albeit taking a lot of plasma to heal the pylon
    CAS has been butchered, and it could really be a fun role if half of the fucking maps we have weren't covered with a million and a half caves or metal roofing that basically give CAS and POs a massive "get fucked" sign in their faces
    I really do put my heart out to people who play CAS because they need it.
    CAS is a genuinely fun role to roll... that is if the xenomorphs have no idea what they're doing and don't place pylons... along with having to rely on JTAC users who are quite often unreliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah make OBs able to destroy pylons too, because it's kinda odd that it loves though a cluster and HE OB imo
    Harley Piett / Oronto Obasanjo

A'kei Teer the yautja
    Synthetic Jeanne

Discord: Jam#1411

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SGT. Baldie McBald [JTAC (DELTA RTO)] exclaims, "MORTAR SEND HE, INCEN TO 235, -48, SEND IT NOW WE'RE BEING OVERRUN!!"

Dialing...

The target you are trying to hit is underground.

There's a reason why no one bothers calling for mortar support anymore.