User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please restore CAS to its former glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4xmaniac View Post
    SGT. Baldie McBald [JTAC (DELTA RTO)] exclaims, "MORTAR SEND HE, INCEN TO 235, -48, SEND IT NOW WE'RE BEING OVERRUN!!"

Dialing...

The target you are trying to hit is underground.

There's a reason why no one bothers calling for mortar support anymore.
    Even if you somehow manage to strike the coords, the shells are completely useless. They don't hurt T1 castes (except runners but good luck hitting them) to force them retreat and rest. Recently, during a Solaris round, I literally witnessed a Sentinel get hit by 2 Incendiary shells (one of them landed 3 tiles away from it) but it somehow survived. I even saw a Hivelord walk off from a direct hit of HE shell like nothing happened. At this moment, using Mortar has no advantage other than maybe using Incendiary shells to deny areas for aliens to pass but most of the aliens already ignore green fire.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's almost like CM is balanced abit weirdly....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about replacement railguns tech with advanced cas or something like that. Basically cas buff in way of unlocking things (e.g. glorious fatty which was only way of CAS being useful). Yet still this probably would be like railguns tech which would be ignored and on second thought can be useless change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fatties got removed because too many xenos were bad at the game and died to it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hm... It seems the Glorious days of CAS pilots being awesome are gone duo devs shitting on support roles and games ending at 1 hour.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will keep repeating, the fatty got buffed around 2019-2020 from being about 800 to 600 points making it cheaper then napalm and it became meta due to pylons. Dilemma was that aliens literally cant respond to it or react. Dot up? Guess what time to die horrifically. I say if brought back it should be 1000 to represent it awesome power it can bring to the field.

For regular CAS, pylons got buffed to act as mobile caves making them OP. Pylons use to just block the laser but not the CAS so you could still CAS the pylon itself. That is all dead.

Mortar used to literally 2 shot ravs into gib, three shot about for crushers and about 3-4 for queen. It was the murder mcgee weapon of death. It been nerfed to death yet also buffed due to OT shells existing. An other issue is you cant sneak hit the mortar so aliens always know where it might hit.

The text notifications make it impossible to sneak hit the aliens, it likely though had to be done since there was constant issues of the sound breaking.

Wiki Maintainer Emeritus Sargeantmuffinman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/colonial-w..._requests/1604

tweak: Pylons do not block CAS by default. They now require upgrades to be able to block CAS. They still block mortar by default.
    George S.Patton once said: No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Staff from 16 May 2016 to 10th September 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont expect this to make a difference but I guess Pilots can get lucky when the XX drone doesn't do their job.

RIP people of mortars tho, you werent meant for this world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a round where I got like 7 kills on cas and helped push fob siege back. So competent spotter all it takes (definetly not because of invisifire)