User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scout Loadout Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scout Loadout Help

I don't get spec often, and being the scout is pretty fun cus you can cloak and be sneaky n shit.

But I don't really know what to take with me when I roll it. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here what I go with

Take the normal gear, armor,cloak,helmet, and gun

Grab a G-8 belt, put all your incen mags (these are the most useful ones for me) in there. Get a large magazine pouch, black/brown webbing and medical pouch.

Grab a shotgun, the firing delay sucks but if you time it well you can PB pretty fast out of cloak, put buckshot in your webbing and pouch.

Put ya scout gun ammo in your cloak and armor along with anything else you bring.

Thats all, it works for me
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIgboyyo View Post
    Here what I go with

Take the normal gear, armor,cloak,helmet, and gun

Grab a G-8 belt, put all your incen mags (these are the most useful ones for me) in there. Get a large magazine pouch, black/brown webbing and medical pouch.

Grab a shotgun, the firing delay sucks but if you time it well you can PB pretty fast out of cloak, put buckshot in your webbing and pouch.

Put ya scout gun ammo in your cloak and armor along with anything else you bring.

Thats all, it works for me

What attachments do you slap on the rifle and shotgun?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    miniscope on the rifle I think? And just flashlight grip/bayonet on the shotgun, just hold in hand
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is various scout plays.

There is melee scout, whatever melee meme you want. The bayonet shotgun can work, I think the 39 bayonet base has the highest melee damage of a gun?

There is CAS scout, get some CAS flares and keep your scout laz. That designator is faster then all others allowing near instant CAS calls and quick coordinates. Can get a quick coords and call in an OB.

For close range scout rifle; agrip-whatever. Vgrip-Supp if your using burst fire.
    If long range would still say agrip though bipod can work but ha good luck getting a firing range. agrip. Supp wont lower the burst spread enough just go nothing or bayonet.

Angled grip lowers wield delay while vertical grip lowers burst scatter.

For ammo, base is good vs heavy targets and does the most damage (54) while the other two only do 41 damage. Take note of shots to kill and that incen scares the shit out of some aliens. Won't stop a lurker just cloaking jump on you or a warrior lunge but or even a runner endless pounce. Actually just don't get caught out or you will die fast. Also acid damage from traps or spitter will force reveal you so good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I like playing scout as a more subtle role. For me the cloak, machete, as much C4 as I can get my hands on, 2 roller beds, and laser designator are what I almost exclusively use. The gun only comes out when I'm trying to save someone from actively being dragged away, or when I'm intervening in what a xeno thought was going to be an easy 1v1 vs someone who wandered off.

Cutting weeds behind enemy lines causes a ton of damage to the ability of xenos to maintain a frontline if they're not quickly replaced, and they usually aren't. Xenos get absolutely crippled without weeds and massively helps the push as well as helping marines shut down xenos trying to flee to heal. Doing this while being the sole person able to rescue downed marines far behind enemy lines in my opinion causes more damage than ungaing as a scout.

All that being said I don't play scout a ton myself and there are some really great scout players who are definitely noticeable when they're helping fight directly, but I see plenty more who should have just gone PFC.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another meta brought to you by the guy who brought you the previous one.

If you want to make a difference in the round, forget about melee scout or basically anything mentioned above with the exception of the CAS JTAC slave.
    Those are outdated strategies for beta scout players who refuse to move on.

The go-to meta is this one;

Load up inci, grab a metal plate, 4x, agrip, suppressor and go flank hard. You absolutely DO NOT want to be near marines. They're your biggest nightmare.
    • You use inci rounds specifically on T1s and T2s because you want to force them to rest. T3s are a no go for you.

Next up, grab a shotgun (preferably colony double barrel)
    • Why? on this branch, you can PB right after the uncloaking animation is gone. That's your biggest strength. Nobody expects it.

Now that you've hit a runner 4 times and forced them to rest, you walk up to him cloaked, uncloak, PB with the shotgun and instantly disappear again. You repeat this until you run out of inci mags or xenos rat you out.
    Do not hang around the same spot for too long, you will die.
    • Avoid T3s, spitters and burrowers - absolutely do not go anywhere near them.

As for the loadout,
    1. Brown webbing full of buckshot
    2. LIGHT ARMOR (!!!) with 2 c4s in it
    3. Cloak with buckshot, splints and binocs
    4. Ammo rig with default and impact mags
    5. Large mag pouch with inci mags
    6. First aid or autoinjector pouch
    7. Shotgun in hand
    8. M4RA suitslot

Don't ever uncloak, the second you do, you'll get FF'd.

this is pretty much how it works.

There's also a second viable strategy which isn't as sweaty but you need a good marine with two shotguns to orbit around.

Instead of inci, you load up impact rounds.

Station your marine in the middle of an open area and watch them offscreen, if they get pounced, you shoot the ambusher caste with impacts and stun them, they PB and boom. That's a kill for you two.
    Last edited by Avalanchee; 05-23-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t recommend shottie scout on LV or the main force. That is asking to talk to dchat. Also never get greedy you’ll always die. If you have literally no idea how scout or aliens on too alert or whatever never forget you got the fastest designator in the game. A deep OB behind enemy lines while marines push them in can make a quick gg for aliens. Hell can get deep CAS flares where no others would dare.

Also inb4 scout PB nerf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hive-diving scout loadout:

- Stack up on incend rounds
    - Throw a a-grip, bayo and 4x on your rifle. The bayo allows you to destroy resin doors in 2 hits
    - Grab a knife belt. They're brilliant and stealthy
    - Grab nades and a lot of them, your gonna be nading caps not freeing them or any key structures.
    - GRAB MEDS, your going to be operating from behind enemy lines with absolutely zero medics around. The first aid kit is ok, but won't suffice if you get fractures.

Tactics:

- Don't rush the hive straight away because they'll be barely any caps and you've just alerted the hive to what your doing.
    - Go the longest route, it's always the least suspecting way you'll get into the hive.
    - DON'T ASSAULT A PREPARED HIVE PERIOD.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    Hive-diving scout loadout:

- Stack up on incend rounds
    - Throw a a-grip, bayo and 4x on your rifle. The bayo allows you to destroy resin doors in 2 hits
    - Grab a knife belt. They're brilliant and stealthy
    - Grab nades and a lot of them, your gonna be nading caps not freeing them or any key structures.
    - GRAB MEDS, your going to be operating from behind enemy lines with absolutely zero medics around. The first aid kit is ok, but won't suffice if you get fractures.

Tactics:

- Don't rush the hive straight away because they'll be barely any caps and you've just alerted the hive to what your doing.
    - Go the longest route, it's always the least suspecting way you'll get into the hive.
    - DON'T ASSAULT A PREPARED HIVE PERIOD.
    Oh and don't forget wait for queen off ovi, if queen on ovi you asking to be gibbed, murderboned, and or made it a new mom of a snake.

Queen on ovi will cause aliens to swarm to hive giga fast and queen is actually pretty tanky and can roar while ovi, even young can roar on ovi.

If aliens havent been capping hive diving isnt worth much. Also watch for traps, they will reveal you if you hit them and will reveal location when triggered making it a death sentance if hive is properly trapped