Date of Incident
    May 24, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Bob Cross

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    uknown

Accused Character Name
    Jacob 'Good Hits' Kelar

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    CT 12:25

What rule(s) were broken:
    Commanding Officer CoC

Description of the incident:
    I was battlefield executed by Captain only because I broke into his armory's safe during delta alert 1 minute before the dropship crash.
    I dont think that breaking and taking anything of value to fight enemy during Almayer siege is a good reason to BE someone. Atleast not without a warning.

in addition from what I understand Captain lied to staff about BE's cause. I didnt threat him in any way nor I didnt try to attack him. I pointed at safe and shot it twice,
    I think that CO's announcement says it all.

Bob Cross has been BEd for breaking open my locker. Threat to the ship.

Don't fucking do that, yeah?

- Sent from USCM Command Tablet

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs and CO's announcement

How you would punish the accused:
    Its up to whitelist council

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so let me start with one thing.

I'm sorry.

I did it and, in under a second, felt a wave of pure regret wash over me. I'm more than aware that the legitimacy was questionable at best, and illegitimate at worst.

I'm going to write down the whole thing from my side here since it's easier for the CO council to view. They're already aware of it, though, or at least I think they are since I've already been messaged by a commodore.

So, let me start with my side of the story, and how it all went down.

Xenos had hijacked. I denied evac because I thought we had a shot at winning, and I was going to the armory to get my shit. XO had announced AA was set to CIC, so people went there instead of lifeboats, and among them was Bob Cross. Bob Cross, presumably to get the honor guard shotguns, began to shotgun open the CO armory locker, and he did.

Here, things are a little bit of a blur for me, because my mind went into instinct and it rather melds together into a ball of stressful happenings.

What factually happened was, I BEd him for it with no words beforehand, and I ahelped to see if I could get him revived. After no response for a good three minutes, and after everyone looted him, I gave a strongly-worded announcement and went on with the round. Lumdor contacted me, I talked with him in ahelp, then I finished the rest of the round without incident.

Now, the next part; addressing a few questionable parts of that story. Most notably... why?

Why the fuck would I BE someone for breaking a locker? Even if it's a special one.

Truth be told, I've thought about it quite a bit. I’m not 100% sure what was running through my head, since not only is my memory not the best, it was all a stressful thing, to be honest. Here's what I'm almost certain it was, though.

It's what I told Lumdor. I thought the sound of him shooting my locker was the sound of my ceramics going off, so I instinctively tried to defend myself. Admittedly, I was only trying to PB, but the Mateba is the Mateba, and I also would have most likely chained into a BE anyway, unless it was enough time for me to realize.

Either way, my instinct was triggered and it happens. No admin could aheal him before he was looted, sadly, so I couldn't hope to keep this a much quieter matter than it is now, between just the council and me. You might note, if that was the reason, why did the announcement claim something different?

I didn't want to make the round worse for everyone else. I think.

We had a fighting chance against Xenos that hijack, and you can't just announce 'I BEd someone for something he didn't do.' On the spot, announcing that is something rather hard on the mind, and I play CM for fun, like most people. It also would have ruined morale, and lead to a Xeno major later on, I thought at the time. Plus, it was rationalizing the reason to something that I thought at the time was a valid reason to BE; damage to the ship. Damage to the ship is defined as even breaking a window in the DTGP definition, and I've seen someone BE for breaking a wall into the cap's office and 'acting like they own the place' before, so I thought that was a valid, if questionably so, reason. There's also the very possible reason I knew what was happening and BEd out of instinct, but I doubt that's what it was. My memory isn't great, but I feel like I'd probably remember something like that.

The not-so-kind words I received from a councilor before the server restarted have since informed me that the 'damage to the ship' definitions in DTGP and BE reasoning is very, very different. They also told me the man who BEd for breaking a wall was suspended. Hindsight's 20/20, huh?

Now's a good time to mention, I don't do well under stress when being questioned. Lumdor and that councilor interrogating me at the same time minutes after it happened when I had known how I fucked up seconds after it happened made it a rather difficult thing to handle right. I prefer to answer questions over time and in a healthy mental state; like, say, right now. If Lumdor thinks I lied, I guarantee you it was a miscommunication.

Regardless, it happened. The CO council is already aware; they're the reason I'm writing this. To give my side of the story. They're thinking of punishment now, but I do just want to express again that I'm sorry, and I tried to get you ahealed. If you want, you can contact me on discord (Grey.#9387) if curiosity piques your interest to know what their punishment is later, and that goes for anyone else, too. Feel free to ask questions; I don't feel nearly as shitty as when I did it, so I can answer them pretty quickly as long as I'm awake.

On what I learned from this, though, it's worth noting I fully intend to keep a lot more precautions in place if I keep the whitelist. The biggest one I'm thinking of is just to get a gun safety keybind and, essentially, follow range safety rules; keep it on safe till ready to kill. I've also since learned the Mateba is far less like a gun, and more like a surgical tool. It's a lot less like having a firearm on your hip since a taser seems to be a better solution for most situations, but it's more like having a welder there. For a specific purpose; not to be used outside that purpose, and to be safely stored when not to be used. In other words, I've learned to respect the gun a lot more than I did, along with a healthy reality check. A reminder that, while the gun is pretty and the uniform snazzy, a CO is not all-powerful. Sure, I already knew this, but a reminder in the form of things actually happening to watch what I do tends to be a good thing. It makes me a lot more careful of my actions, my words, my behavior, which definitely will help, especially in not just falling into a routine. Here's to hoping I keep the whitelist, though, since I don't know if the council plans on going easier or harder on me since I'm a new CO. Hell, this explanation might worsen my odds, but I'm trying to be honest and that's the best I can do. Either way; it's the Council's decision. It's in their hands now, so all I have to do now is answer truthfully and hope for the best.

Signed by,
    Captain Jacob 'Good Hits' Kelar

TL;DR
    I fucked up, I knew I fucked up, I couldn't fix the fuck up, and now the council knows I fucked up, so they're deciding what to do about my fuckup.

P.S
    Lumdor, if you're reading this and think I'm a liar still, get in touch. I do want to clear up the air there.
    Captain Jacob 'Skinwalker' Kelar, of the USCM. Moth fanatic. Lover of bugs. Cults, too, though I'm not sure why.

A few of the medals I've earned, since there's a four image limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Peasant Commander theXDkidoflol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO Council gave me a punishment; it's a warning. In other words, this is pretty much wrapped up.

Someone can close this thread whenever.
    Captain Jacob 'Skinwalker' Kelar, of the USCM. Moth fanatic. Lover of bugs. Cults, too, though I'm not sure why.

A few of the medals I've earned, since there's a four image limit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO council was aware of it when the report was posted, and had already discussed it. Based on him admitted he did wrong, and council issuing a warning as discipline, staff will not need to provide logs, and this matter is resolved.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids