Some UPP character
    Their BYOND Key
    jakkkk
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    15:15
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    I was banned because I FF'd a fellow UPP soldier. I was spawned into the event as a UPP soldier, didn't really know where the frontline was and tried to find it. On my way I saw someone wearing a red headband that's usually worn by marines, panicked, and immediately shot at him, thinking he was an enemy.

I don't know why jakkkk assumes that I've shot the guy out of malice, I've expressed my regret immediately after shooting him ICly and logs show that. That he was immediately decapped was just pure RNG, honestly, I don't see how I could have prevented that. FF is rarely ahealed due to it not being standard protocol, which is why I've not thougt of ahelping.

Nevertheless, If I could have apologised to the victim, I would have, because I feel bad for having FF'd him. But I do not think that a 24-hour ban is fair for a single case of FF with no prior history.
    Evidence
    Not many besides the logs of me acknowledging the FF in IC.
    How you would punish the accused
    Note removal or change and unban

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video evidence Jakk saw when investigating incident:
    https://imgur.com/a/SfPbeYa

Exgame shooting the friendly UPP:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jakk takes ahelp:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jakk messaging exgame:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If there is anything I missed let me know on discord!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the video myself and can see how one would make the same mistake. Ban and Note will be removed. Jakkk will be spoken to regarding jumping the gun.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just a follow up because I've been flooded all day with DMs about "Can I get banned for FF" and I want to point out some stuff in this situation.

Friendly fire happens, the developers have spent years trying to make it balanced (ceramic plates, reduced FF damage) but at the end of the day you are responsible for what you shoot at. There are times where accidents happen, and people get decapped, gibbed, etc...
    If it ever happens, try and say something in-character about it, make it known it was an accident. If it's something game breaking and unintended, when in doubt send an adminhelp. We don't punish people for negligence within reason, but at the same time there have been players who FF players and just spam "SORRY" when it was pretty much griefing or retaliation over getting FF upon.

End of the day Jakkk made a judgement call, which most of management understood. We have Rule 4 which has the caveat "If you intended not to grief, but caused grief, you may be held accountable." The only issue we take with this is staff obviously should not be telling a person making a report or adminhelp "That video is bad, they're fucked" without a proper investigation, which is just a learning experience and corrective action for our staff at the end of the day.

So yes, accidents happen, and negligence is a real thing. Staff have the discretion for admin healing or respawns if there are true accidents, but at the end of the day, players should be mindful of what/where they shoot at.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids