AcuteCircle - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    AcuteCircle

Marine Name
    Andrea Viserley

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Beatrice

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Synthetic Character Story
    Link to google doc for easier read so your eyes don't have to suffer italics:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xdzta31onDs-M/

How do you intend to play your Synth?
    I have included the description in the google doc at the bottom.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
    Medical: I know how to do medical by memory except Chemistry, but I am still fast at making chemicals even if I have to look up the recipe on wiki. I know how to do surgery efficiently and combine surgeries, know how to use autodoc, how to do triage etc.

Engineering: I know how to fix APCs, construct barricades, deconstruct walls, fix windows without having to look at the wiki. I know how to use power loader, reload CAS, load OBs etc.

Supply: I know all of it, how to order, how to send crates, what to load, what items people are asking for etc.

SO: I played SO a couple of times and know how to do drops etc. and I think I communicate to an acceptable degree when I play SO.

MP: Marine Law memorized so I won�t be breaking it, standard procedure etc. too.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I think synthetic is a role I would enjoy a lot. I like support roles but also I do not want to be restricted to one role. The fact that synths can perform so many different tasks at once appeals to me. I love the idea of synthetics and even on other SS13 servers I would play cyborg because it appeals to me. I want to be helpful to marines and synthetic can do so much to be helpful. I also like to roleplay and synthetic opens a lot of roleplay opportunities.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the story, the part where the synth leaves the dying PFC some encouraging remarks before running away is a good example of optimism

I've ran into you a couple times while playing and you're a good RPer, you get my +1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story is painfully accurate. The amount of marines who decide to follow and 'guard' you as a synth only to get themselves murdered because xenos always go for the guy holding a gun first is obscene. More than just being accurate, it's actually good, and shows that you understand the synth guidelines go deeper than the good old "you must preserve human/USCM life at all costs" type of thing that people tend to think they represent.

Easy +1. I'll leave it up to Jakkkk to burst in here and give you the big long questionnaire thing he likes to do, but you had my vote the second I finished the story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story has a clear amount of effort put into it and is well written, quirk is certainly doable ingame and can lead to interesting interactions. You're also a mentor which tells me you surely have knowledge of the support roles. I've not had a chance to interact with you much ingame, but considering all of the above plus Blokums post I feel pretty confident you're a good roleplayer.

1+
    Max Judge, the 45 year old slightly fat man with an unfitting action hero name.

Fred, the worrisome synth.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is good. I mean the quirk is pretty generic, but thats not a bad thing, cause your story/community reputation is good.

+1

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why'd you pick the name Beatrice?

Why do you want to be a synthetic?

What's your most memorable moment with another synthetic and why?

The CE orders you to arrest his MT for breaking windows and stealing his flash, what do you do?

Why'd you have Corazon proofread a synthetic story if they don't have the whitelist?
    Last edited by Jakkkk; 02-08-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good story, I've seen you playing as SO. But, I'll wait to see if you're able to survive against Jakkkk's attack. Neutral for now
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Story is good. I mean the quirk is pretty generic, but thats not a bad thing, cause your story/community reputation is good.

+1
    I actually wanted to apply for a long time but quirk held me back. I wanted it to be something unique and new but then realized I would not have much fun playing synth if I forced myself to have a tryhard quirk. Thanks for +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Why'd you pick the name Beatrice?

Why do you want to be a synthetic?

What's your most memorable moment with another synthetic and why?

The CE orders you to arrest his MT for breaking windows and stealing his flash, what do you do?

Why'd you have Corazon proofread a synthetic story if they don't have the whitelist?
    1. I like the name, I think it sounds good and this will sound cheesy but it means �bringer of joy� and that�s what I want my synth to be: to make others happy because they can rely on her.

2. The most fun I have in this game is when I have a job to do. Because synths can do everything, there�s always something for them to do. Other than that I like synths, androids, cyborgs or what other names people have for such roles in SS13. My favorite role on TG was AI/cyborg. Just something about an artificial lifeform appeals to me and I know I�ll have a lot of fun as a synth.

3. It�s really hard to choose just one. A lot of times I don�t even notice a synth because they�re busy doing something, but I always appreciate their hard-work because it helps everyone. My most memorable moments are when there�s no one to man the req line and then a synth shows up and makes me sigh in relief, or when I see synth planetside and I know I can count on them to patch me up or build a nice FOB or fix the tcomms when they go down. Otherwise a moment that really stands out to me is when I was a xeno and there was a synth that roleplayed with me. It felt awesome to have an actual roleplay as a xeno.

4. Unless I�ve been deputized by CMP or CO, I�d refuse. If I was deputized, I�d arrest them following the standard procedure and then bring them to brig and ask a MP to process them.

5. I am not experienced with writing short stories, Wanda is, so I asked her to help me condense and make sure it flows well. Before she edited it, I asked some synth whitelist to check my story and they said it was ok. After that I gave it to Wanda for a thorough editing.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story, everyone is commenting on the bit where John is left behind, but I think the most striking moment is when a new PFC is introduced essentially during John's eulogy, completing the cycle.
    +1 No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post

Aww poor Mort. Don't worry, you'll make it too some day. : )

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question 4 is all I was concerned about the response for, everything else is awesome. Very good application and I'm aware of your IC support competence.

+1.
    Synthetic Senator