Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno is not fun to play anymore

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xeno is not fun to play anymore

Literally got to deal with railguns destorying any defense, stims 30 minutes in from research, tank+xrt+tech stims if game goes late and they get infinite cyro otherwise. It just nigh impossible to stop them unless they literally drain themselves dry of men or you had the mercy of getting 50 aliens. And that if queen is robust, unrobust queens is automatic GG since the game relies on a good queen or griefing marines just obing the frontline killing 30+.

It just not fun having to face all the marine tech and research chems again. I just rather not play then deal with something unfun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ngl i feel you man, gonna switch back to marine after i get prime rav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its pretty annoying knowing that if enough marines survive past the hour and 20/30 minute mark, they WILL get railguns (as you said, all defenses gone bypassing pylons), anti bios (t3/queen killer ammo), implants (rejuv/anti-bonebreak/nightvision shutting off backliners), more OBs, and if it drags on more they get more and more better tech which compared to the xeno techs who basically only use shielding slash, fortifying weeds, and evolution boost. This isn't counting if research is competent and made MST/NST chems which can make a hive get rolled over potentially, or corrupted hives. i'd still say being a xeno is fun but all of this is really inevitable and theres basically nothing you can do about it as a xeno. really hope a dev picks up on this tech tree imbalance since its crazy marine favored in the long run.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are on crack right now, I literally can not imagine playing as a lurker or something. And it's not even the techwebs, it's the core gameplay loop and especially how marines got turned into literal damage sponges.

You kill a guy, he comes back with absolutely no permanent damage (nobody cares about fractures) within 3 minutes and the cycle continues - and this is without stims. Epinephrine and whatever else contributed to this should all get scrapped and marines should be made more valuable. Like, I don't care if I get hit by an inci OB, SADAR or shanked by 4 ravs and a spitter because I know I'll be back within a minute with two nanosplints and a shot of oxycodone. It's so painfully bad, I'd be very much down to bring back husking and reduce the DNR timer with every death of something.

Game's catered towards people that just want to shoot xenos and not do anything else. Just look at medbay, one of the core parts of the CM experience - totally useless on this branch. Nobody ever goes there and if you even dare to mention it, you're getting dogpiled by 40 marine mains that joined the server last year, coping over the fact that they would have to take 7 minutes of their life and evac.

And as a preemptive response, I disliked going to medbay the same way I hated husking but the game literally needs to punish marines in some way.
    Not to mention, the medical APC exists (for some reason)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10/10 would die to chungus and AP again

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Game's catered towards people that just want to shoot xenos and not do anything else. Just look at medbay, one of the core parts of the CM experience - totally useless on this branch. Nobody ever goes there and if you even dare to mention it, you're getting dogpiled by 40 marine mains that joined the server last year, coping over the fact that they would have to take 7 minutes of their life and evac.

And as a preemptive response, I disliked going to medbay the same way I hated husking but the game literally needs to punish marines in some way.
    I agree with this and it’s why you see so many doctors rushing to deploy or unga near the front to do surgeries. Rarely if ever do people medevac now and with the medapc/stims/a competent field doc there’s little reason for people to return ship side for surgery. Whenever I play CMO I’ve had to realize that if I don’t let a doctor or nurse deploy I’m dooming them to a boring round unless something major happens shipside.

To OPs topic, while I do still enjoy playing xeno it can be frustrating to have to rely on gibbing or dragging an unga to some dark corner to perma them else they can just be endlessly defibbed. Most rounds turn into the small ‘elite’ band of Xenos versus the merciless hive mind swarm of marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao imagine trying to have fun
    thats beta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't blame you. At least with defcon you had some counter play (kill the IOs and drag xeno bodies away) but now its just like "yeah round is an hour time for the marines to win"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post puts what Ive been thinking into words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite true, xeno is unfun to play as in it's current state in techwebs.tt