0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big problem is marines never permadieing. This also makes balance harder, as when xenos are strong enough that they can push back marines, then marines actually start losing men and lose faster, while if xenos are not strong enough to push back marines then marines never get weaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a player who play both sides actively(mostly medic and warrior/prae) i agree with everything contributed above. Here is some brain noodle for any mods/admins reading;

*Medic CZS needs a rework. Nanosplints shouldn't be a thing or shouldn't be what they are right now. Remove everything they have to offer and just make it %50 faster to splint someone. Literally nobody goes shipside to get surgery because of these. You can give lifesaver bags with +2 or +3 space in absence of nanosplints.

*New role; Field Surgeon. All of the doctors are forbidden to go planetside or mount the medAPC but field surgeons. Limit these to 2 or 1 depending on the population. Field surgeons should do surgeries %30(Or whatever you see fit) slower. Also ban synths from doing surgeries shipside.

*Push combat implants and antibiologicals to tier 3, in return bring the armored support to tier 2 and make it more cheap.

*Make the hivecore and pylons work. I have seen entire hives get cluster OB'd and destroyed, with it's captures inside. You could give a couple smaller skybooms to marines in return.

*Being able to resist while nested should be a thing IMO. A queen screeches with a carrier and a runner around, grabs 2-3 marines out of the crowd, carrier facehugs while queen and others perma stun, caps get nested with full health and can literally do nothing after that point but ghost.

*Lower defibabble corpse timer (or whatever it is called). It seriously takes a long time to permadie.

*Being dead for a long time should have consequences. After a time limit is passed (5 minutes maybe?) dead bodies should start to generate organ damage slowly. This will force marines to seek field surgery or a trip to shipside to get surgery. At current state; once i see the orange vitals flashing, i just use medic CZP kits to instantly heal all of his damages, pop an epi injector and buzz. He's back in action in less than 15 seconds or so with literally no consequences. Some of you might say "but there is oxy damage for dead marines" oxy damage is literally shit. Not only defibs with epi heal a great deal of oxy damage, 1 unga marine with CPR can just pretty much make it stabilized.

These are all i can think right now.

TLDR; Give some and get some from the marines to not only keep the salt levels low but also make rounds more fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00y2j View Post
    As a player who play both sides actively(mostly medic and warrior/prae) i agree with everything contributed above. Here is some brain noodle for any mods/admins reading;

*Medic CZS needs a rework. Nanosplints shouldn't be a thing or shouldn't be what they are right now. Remove everything they have to offer and just make it %50 faster to splint someone. Literally nobody goes shipside to get surgery because of these. You can give lifesaver bags with +2 or +3 space in absence of nanosplints.

*New role; Field Surgeon. All of the doctors are forbidden to go planetside or mount the medAPC but field surgeons. Limit these to 2 or 1 depending on the population. Field surgeons should do surgeries %30(Or whatever you see fit) slower. Also ban synths from doing surgeries shipside.

*Push combat implants and antibiologicals to tier 3, in return bring the armored support to tier 2 and make it more cheap.

*Make the hivecore and pylons work. I have seen entire hives get cluster OB'd and destroyed, with it's captures inside. You could give a couple smaller skybooms to marines in return.

*Being able to resist while nested should be a thing IMO. A queen screeches with a carrier and a runner around, grabs 2-3 marines out of the crowd, carrier facehugs while queen and others perma stun, caps get nested with full health and can literally do nothing after that point but ghost.

*Lower defibabble corpse timer (or whatever it is called). It seriously takes a long time to permadie.

*Being dead for a long time should have consequences. After a time limit is passed (5 minutes maybe?) dead bodies should start to generate organ damage slowly. This will force marines to seek field surgery or a trip to shipside to get surgery. At current state; once i see the orange vitals flashing, i just use medic CZP kits to instantly heal all of his damages, pop an epi injector and buzz. He's back in action in less than 15 seconds or so with literally no consequences. Some of you might say "but there is oxy damage for dead marines" oxy damage is literally shit. Not only defibs with epi heal a great deal of oxy damage, 1 unga marine with CPR can just pretty much make it stabilized.

These are all i can think right now.

TLDR; Give some and get some from the marines to not only keep the salt levels low but also make rounds more fair.

Nanosplints don't remove the main downside from fractures, which is the slowdown. After two or three broken bones, you're unable to outrun T3s on light armour. This is substantial. Nanosplints don't address this, they're "merely" unbreakable.

Doctors are already slow at surgery. Healing 4+ fracs and organ damage takes a long time. The problem is that marines are unwilling to wait 5+ minutes in line. As for permanent damage, nearly all the robustos don't get hit, and if they do, they get surgery for the 1-2 fracs they might have. When they do receive immense damage, they unga in and die and do something else for the rest of the round. The point I'm making is that medical is a player issue, not a mechanical one.

We used to have resisting out of nests. It got nerfed to 3 second stuns, then permanest. It was heavily requested by players because Hive babysitting isn't fun. As for easy capping, the devs have expressed dislike for combat Queens and have plans to nerf screech and neurospam.

Pylons delete CAS and Mortar strikes but not OBs. However they don't get destroyed by said OBs. Hivecore grants full OB/CAS/Mortar protection, but the blast radius of an OB can overlap with the Hive when called on the border. Hivecores are working as intended, unless you're suggesting a substantial buff to Hivecores in general.

It takes five minutes to permadie. Oxygen damage is typically caused by heart damage, which is a permanent -20% HP debuff. Standard defibs have a chance of causing heart damage per use, whilst upgraded defibs don't.

---

Xeno health has been buffed in compensation since Techwebs came out, and while Xeno Techweb is overall underwhelming compared to the Marines, they still have very strong techs. Notably - Fortifying Weeds, Shielding Slashes, and Defensive Structures.
    I think the main takeaway is that Techwebs has been unfun to fight for both teams, Xenos AND Marines. Techwebs and their consequences have been a mistake for CM.

Also, from June 5th to June 19th (today), Xenos have had a 54.6% winrate. There have been 124 Xeno Majors and Minors, compared to 103 Marine Majors and Minors.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winrate might be 50/50 but rounds are either 30 minute stomp rushes or eternal chokepoint lagfest stalemates.

As long as the game is fun, I don't care about the winrate but Devs have explicitly stated that they're against removing techwebs as a whole so we will have to bash our heads against our keyboards for months to come until a new update, worse than all the ones before becomes the main talking point. That's how it's always been and probably will be until someone like Mattatlas comes back and gets headdev

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight up tech webs been abandoned, like name me 2,5 devs working on it. No not adding a small thing here or there, real deep changes to finish it or something. Like straight up when trii, a mapper, done more to implement the full vision of the tech tree you know something is up. The fact all the maps for months have not been updated with the checkpoints even though it meant to be a major piece shows how unfinished it is. And you know what? The techwebs just adds more aids for aliens. Sure go runner/lurker, at 12:40 they are getting incendiary ammo to light your ass up. Now we got to balance that issue, oh wait aliens too powerful and curbstomp before 12:45? Cant be because we added this tech web stuff which introduced a shit ton of powercreep and now is just a vehicle to introduced more power creep surely not.

Tech webs are not even serving it main purpose, it is just being used to push powercreep and now that the players and/or devs been getting murdered by said powercreep it is all getting nerfed to death until we have some weak ass tech tree that isnt even finished.

I hate tech webs, tech trees, whatever this tech shit is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, techwebs encouraged powercreep and caused a fuckton more balance problems than it intended to fix. If the devs still haven't realized that it's not going to be better for the long run, then I'm losing faith in the development team we have currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remove techwebs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling them techwebs feels like a misnomer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Techweb h8 thred

Playing xeno is awright but shits goofy as fuck these days

Techwebs a good idea but shitty implementation, techs need to be OP, need control point system and need to be delayed, cannot stress how retarded it is thst marine can b-line 2 techs pre drop to the point its not even considered a tech anymore its not just apart of peoples loadouts.

Xeno techs basicslly just cuck certain castes or weeds