User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xeno is not fun to play anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00y2j View Post
    Also ban synths from doing surgeries shipside.
    ?????
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPenpusher View Post
    ?????
    you heard him...

its over..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synthetics banned from ship surgery.....what a society we live in.....
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think DEFCON certainly had its issues. But techwebs are just fundamentally busted. So many 40 minute rounds. Marines who are basically unstobbable super soldiers. CAS busted, IOs removed, research mostly pointless, shipside medical pointless. There is no gameplay about getting xeno bodies or trying to evac the wounded anymore. It's really sad to moderate a game and just have less fun with it with each update.I appreciate the dev team and their efforts a lot. But I feel they are currently deeply misguided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalkguy View Post
    I think DEFCON certainly had its issues. But techwebs are just fundamentally busted. So many 40 minute rounds. Marines who are basically unstobbable super soldiers. CAS busted, IOs removed, research mostly pointless, shipside medical pointless. There is no gameplay about getting xeno bodies or trying to evac the wounded anymore. It's really sad to moderate a game and just have less fun with it with each update.I appreciate the dev team and their efforts a lot. But I feel they are currently deeply misguided.
    Hawd the fucking bus boys.

40 minute rounds happened before techwebs

Medbay being useless also happened before

Busted CAS? You guessed it before techwebs, fatty spam

Right all we got was a bit of power creep which was patched out so both sides are just as powerful as they where before techwebs. Aye marines on stims with special ammo for surviving an hour into a round is retarded.

And IOs being gutted is sad same with shitty research but being honest research was made to be shitty-er from all the gimps try harding it and rushing to produce bs chems and stims.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted techwebs did not originiate the problems with medbay and CAS, but I do think they have exacerbated them. From rejuvination implants to nanosplints. And hive pylons making it nearly pointless to do CAS anymore.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's not just the techwebs (although the xeno ones are a joke.. acid blood is a 200% increase for a t3 tech??? What?) Xeno techwebs are garbage and get more useless the higher you go.

My main issue is it seems daily the number of rules for one side decreases and the other increases

Marines? Tactical shotguns everywhere, rushing straight to the hive every round, ignoring command, calling out to rush queen over announcements because she "screeched and cant again". Every marine acting like robocop because death doesnt mean anything. Throwing macros, switching macros, etc.

Xenos: Rush lz? Bwoink. Spam walls/doors? Bwoink. Get onboard the dropship too early? Bwoink. Combat with queen to early? Bwoink. Push explosive containers around? Bwoink. Destroy buildings prior to landing? Bwoink. Get on the ship and kill cyros? Bwoink

Its a chore to play as xenos... which is why you see games like last night with 10 xenos, 15 pooled, and 115 players online.

Oh also...the choices made for xenos are sooo bizzare sometimes... like giving ravanger hedgehog. Why is that not a crusher strain. Crusher is literally supposed to be the armor one.. and has 0 strains... so weird.
    Last edited by BeardedWall; 07-22-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    And it's not just the techwebs (although the xeno ones are a joke.. acid blood is a 200% increase for a t3 tech??? What?) Xeno techwebs are garbage and get more useless the higher you go.

My main issue is it seems daily the number of rules for one side decreases and the other increases

Marines? Tactical shotguns everywhere, rushing straight to the hive every round, ignoring command, calling out to rush queen over announcements because she "screeched and cant again". Every marine acting like robocop because death doesnt mean anything. Throwing macros, switching macros, etc.

Xenos: Rush lz? Bwoink. Spam walls/doors? Bwoink. Get onboard the dropship too early? Bwoink. Combat with queen to early? Bwoink. Push explosive containers around? Bwoink. Destroy buildings prior to landing? Bwoink. Get on the ship and kill cyros? Bwoink

Its a chore to play as xenos... which is why you see games like last night with 10 xenos, 15 pooled, and 115 players online.

Oh also...the choices made for xenos are sooo bizzare sometimes... like giving ravanger hedgehog. Why is that not a crusher strain. Crusher is literally supposed to be the armor one.. and has 0 strains... so weird.
    I think the whole robocop thing could be fixed by lowering the timer from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. defending a marine body for 5 full minutes on the front where no one gains or loses ground is pretty brutal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking announcing Queen screeching as command should be against the rules. Y I K E S

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main problem that's caused all this is medtech, which makes medical braindead, easy, and unfun. I'll list my problems with it one by one.

Advanced defib : removes the period of vulnerability after being revived and lets medics treat way more patients than old defib. The fact that there's no chance to lose your gun or armour after being defibbed means that medics are willing to take more risks when defibbing, which makes Marines get back up much faster. The removal of the risk of heart damage also makes permanent damage from being defibbed a lot (such as from dying with a lot of burn damage) impossible. (Not to mention it makes permanent damage from all kinds of being defibbed impossible).

Advanced advanced kits : they make defibbing someone with a lot of damage absolutely trivial, which is boring, lets Marines get back up more quickly, and reduces the time they need to get back to full combat readiness after being defibbed. It also removes the old medic defib spam circles, which I really liked.

Nanosplints : they turn every engagement from a chance to get organ damage if you have a chest fracture to having absolutely zero risk. With nanosplints, if you get a broken chest and have it nanosplinted, you have effectively prevented getting more organ damage in the chest, which is boring, unfun to treat because it means Marines never need stuff like peridaxon, and makes them too resilient by removing this source of permanent damage.

Finally medtech itself : the fact that medtech is sat alongside one good and three rather crap t1 techs makes it an INSTANT buy for any cic any round, and the fact that it and the also very good armour plates tech are all you need to unlock t2 stronk techs means that every round cic buys medtech. I forgot who said it but it's absolutely considered a part of the medic load out now - you will ALWAYS have it before drop time unless cic is going offmeta (you'll get your ass kicked because of how good medtech is). This has also conditioned medics into being entitled brats who expect medtech every round (and who'd blame them, it makes their job about twice as easy). The merger of engitech and medtech looks like it will slightly ameliorate this problem, but really medtech is a blight on this earth and every element of it needs to be removed or massively nerfed to make medical engaging and fun again.

BONUS ROUND : synth surgery webbing. You may not realise it but this has essentially allowed synths to turn into walking fob doctors on crack who can retreat to a safe zone and fix organ damage/remove larva/fix heartbreak in like 2 minutes. If there's a synth with the webbing on your team, you will essentially never see a marine go shipside unless they need a new limb (which by the way there are FOUR of in the synth closet and the synth, if competent, can easily take them in a backpack and leave them at hydro or wherever). This naturally makes Marines get back to fighting much more quickly, and also prevents deaths from harassers on routes back to the fob. Also all the downsides of taking the webbing in terms of storage space are completely negated by the synth armour vest thing, which lets you clip a g8 general pouch to it and carry 3 medkits in it (storage space for 21 small size items).

Hopefully kenshimed fixes some of this but some of the issues from medtech such as the busted defib just need to be straight up removed.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang