User Tag List

Thread: Nunk - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nunk - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Nunk
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Maya Tully
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    Nunk#4568
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    All Shipside Roles
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Schalk
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Occasionally TGMC
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    Frontlining as Researcher
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Context to the ban:

I was one of two researchers on LV. We had extremely lucky RNG and created a stim better than the T3 Techweb. We rushed it out the door, gave dozens of stims for Req to drop onto Hydro/FOB, and Command announced their arrival.
    However, marines were still losing and I had the suspicion they were not taking the stims. I deployed to FOB with a reagent pouch, stimming 80-90% of the marines I saw on my way. I arrived to Hydro and stims were untouched. Marines were still losing against Xenos in the caves.

Faced with this, I went to the caves and stimmed as many marines as I could. 100% were unstimmed and I was confident the chem was a game-changer. I exhausted 600u+ of into marines, before returning to Almayer, restocking, and returning to caves again.
    However the frontline had changed even though I was keeping a close eye on comms and Command announcements. I went into the same place in caves as last time, Queen screeched, the frontline utterly collapsed, and I died with it.

Moments later I was PM'd. Long story short, 3 hour + shipside job ban for frontlining and for being argumentative.

I don't blame the mod - I had a "heavy warning" for frontlining as doctor the previous week. However:

1. I didn't even know I got warned/noted the previous week, this was before the first Discord rule clarification on deploying doctors - which explicitly allowed doctors to deploy provided you were offscreen from Xenos and not being a combat medic. I was offscreen from Xenos and not being a combat medic; The warning even says as much when it writes I was "nearly Queen screeched" whilst performing surgery.

2. I was heavily warned for a rule which didn't even exist at the time.

As for this researcher incident, I'm now aware I was breaking the rules, and I admit that I screwed up by walking into caves as a Researcher. To my regret I got carried away in the heat of the moment when I ran into caves to inject marines.
    In the future I'll always stick to LZ FOB and shipside only. If marines are not taking stims it isn't my role to run to frontline to inject them. My sincere apologies to any immersion breaking LRP my behavior has caused, and I promise it won't happen again in the future should you give me the chance.

I enjoy shipside roles very much - especially Doctor, Researcher, and CT. The shipside role ban neuters nearly all the roles I enjoy playing in CM.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far, and sorry again for my frontlining behavior.

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be handling this appeal, here be your notes.

Notes for Nunk
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by JarekTheRaptor; 05-30-2021 at 06:15 AM.
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action:

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to clarify you were banned from all shipside medical. You can still do cargo and engineering. I apologize if I made that unclear when I was handling the issue.

Senior Admin & Training Overseer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some thinking I've decided to lift the ban, You know what you did wrong and I don't think you'll repeat the same mistake again.

Consider this appeal Accepted
    SURVIVOR GANG COUNCIL MEMBER

Survivor Gang In Action: