Tactical 445 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Tactical 445

Marine Name
    Mark 'Sherman' Wilson (Synth: Marcus)

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Rekag'Voli

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No, not on CM. Only one SSD ban I believe. Got lifted.

Got banned on yogstation awhile back during my noob days. Opened this plasma container and someone had a lighter or something out, it caught fire and ended up killin' some people.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am quite aware with its conetnts.

Yautja Character Story
    The three determined yautja boldly entered the dim, pitch black temple, each step signified with pride and the lust for glory. The yautja walked with dedication, confidence, and courage. Each of them fully prepared and aware of the greatly honorable importance of this signified hunt. Failure was not an option, they had lived for this day, some would say one can walk away from failure, or use it as a crutch to succeed. Not here, not now, failure meant death, failure is by no utter means an option. They would succeed or die trying. The three we're eager to show their superior skills over the others, they yearned for power. One of these three, the one who was a tad smaller than the others, was named Rekag'Voli. His slightly smaller frame was noticeable, but by no adequate means displayed him as any weaker to that of his counterparts. The other two were no less weaker nor stronger than Rekag'Voli, they had all proven to be worthy warriors in the past. Their clan glorified superiority, leadership, and power. It obviously heavily showed due to the behavior of their fellow members. Of course these traits beamed off of the three hunters of today as well.

"You two will stay out of my way, for the glory of Paya will shine upon me today, and me alone." The yautja directly adjacent to Rekag'Voli proceeded to boldy state without hesitation.

"Brother, you are wrong, I am, and shall be the direct pinnacle of Paya's glorious light." Clicked the opposite yautja, mandibles quivering inside his mask.

Rekag'Voli stood there in scilence, it was almost awkward as his two fellow yautja almost seemed to be anticipating his response. Although he had the extreme urge to denounce his believed superiority, he decided that today, today would be different, today he would not be clouded by the judgement of arrogance or cockiness. He would not distract himself with such proclamations until he knew for certain he had done his absolute best. Instead he muttered the words "It is time." before swiftly lunging forward into the darkness, the serpent that would rise him to glory was within the fingertips of his imagination. With a split second of surprise, the other two immediately followed before veering off into their own directions and paths to victory. Rekag'Voli would lurk the enormous temple with the utilization of every sense he had available to himself. Before long he had spotted a serpent, it prowled on the side of a wall, its black chitin glistening as it patrolled cautiously. Its caution would be of no avail though. Rekeg'Voli would quietly open his combistick, wield and line it up over his shoulder before thrusting it with the might of his pride at the serpent. The spear glided through the air and whistled slightly as it deeply penetrated into the right side of the creature, so deep that it would smash violently into the wall and pin the serpent helplessly, rendering it immobile. The creature flailed like a plastic bag in the wind, screeching to its hearts content. Rekeg'Voli would proceed to extend his scimitars and quickly rush toward his prey. The serpent would refuse to be taken down so easily, it violently ripped itself from the spear, lacerating its already damaged hide and spewing acid from its wounds. Once Rekeg'Voli reached his target, they began viscously clashing, the creature flailed its claws at him, to which he would dodge repeatedly. The fight was brutal, they went back and forth, but just as Rekeg began to gain the upper hand by severing the serpents tail off from the base, he noticed yet another creature approaching rapidly from behind, if he did not act quickly, death would insure. Even with his full strength, he was seemingly unable to defeat the creature he was locked in combat with in time, he fought as hard as possible and time was running out. The flanking serpent drew close, in a few seconds Rekeg would be impaled and defeated.

"No, no! I will not fall like this, Paya will witness me!" Rekeg shouted extreamly loudly. He lunged forward and grasped his combatant with all his might, lifting it into the air before roaring with all his might as he swung it to his flank. The approaching serpent was mid air, pouncing towards them as he carried out this bold move, it would slam directly into its fellow sister, claws first, and utterly obliterate its face. The dismembered creature's acid spewed violently around, some of it spattering onto Rekegs left arm, melting away his flesh. The collision brought the three beings to the ground, Rekeg thrusted the dead and still very much living creature to his side, to where the remaining serpent would lash its tail toward him, impaling directly into his shoulder. He roared in agony as his wound widened at the creatures brutal lashing, if the creature impaled him once more he'd be a goner, swiftly he equipped his net gun blasted the serpent with it, bringing it to the ground , it attempted to rustle its way out. Rekeg thought to himself, "Now, now! This is my chance!" Without hesitation he grasped the combistick from the wall and yanked it out. "For Paya!!!" he boomed as he leaped into the air and brought the spear directly down on creatures head. For a moment the entire world seemed to have stopped. Rekeg had won, the creature soon ceased all movements and fell limp. Rekeg would roll over onto his side and regain his breath, and after treating his extensive wounds he finally knelt down beside the serpent to claim his victory. He carefully used one of its fingers to write the honorable mark of his clan in acid on both his helmet and actual forehead.

Rekeg would finish his hunt and return to the exit of the temple, to where he would meet his fellow hunters, though only one appeared. He had the same marks upon his mask, which indicated he to was victorious. As for the third member, he never returned from the deep corridors of the temple, and would be recovered at a later period. The two hunters would return to their home and proceed to use their new acquired experience and dedication to further progress in their clan, their journey was far... far from over. Rekeg'Voli still lusted for power, he craved the hunt, the thrill. He wished to one day be brought to the pinnacle of his clans warriors, and he was ready to work for it.

In his future hunts, his trophy collection would grow in size, and soon he would suddenly grow an obsession for his trophies, cherishing them. They became his display of experience, his confidence, his power, his... life.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    I intend for my Yautja to be very confident in his abilities. He will be mostly proclaiming his faith and dedication to the God of Hunt and Glory, Paya. He will challenge those worthy of duels, and hunt those worthy of being hunted. He will also be rather obsessed with his trophies, for his lust for power within his clan is fueled by his accomplishments. He considers his trophies of hunts his life, and scale of experience. In his eyes, without any trophies, he is nothing, dirt to be kicked to the side, a worthless disgrace. Therefore he will never leave a trophy when he is able to aquire it, but he only accepts the trophies worthy of being in his possession. So I will only hunt the strong and most worthy. I also want to try to RP with people quite often to spice up their rounds. I do not want to just murderbone everything and ruin peoples games.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    Okay, so an honor duel is when a predator singles someone who they believe is one of the strongest, or most worthy amongst their kind. They can challenge them to an honorable duel that includes only close combat weapons. The duel is to the death, but if one should be knocked down during the fighing, you should allow them to recover, if unable, the finishing blow should be dealt. A duel should mostly be a fair fight, with the exception of physical ability. A hunt is when prey is just honorable enough to hunt, so if there is an open marine with lethal capabilities and is not wounded, he is open to be hunted down and killed, the fight can only be done with close range weapons, no cloaking. To where the prey is killed and its trophies are collected. Other predators can also be challenged to duels. So overall, duels are a fair 1v1 fight of honor and sometimes respect. Hunts are as its called, a hunt. To where the prey is stalked and killed however the predator wants, with the allowed weapons of course.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I will try to be friendly, and ward off unworthy prey interfering and what not. But I will also be very competitive and try to out hunt my fellow predators as an act of superiority/lust for power. Though my pred is also honorable, and will follow any and all regulations when it comes to the hunts of other preds.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Well, I have been apart of this community for about two years now. I have loved it here, RPing is defiantly my favorite thing to do. I always loved watching preds do their thing through observation, and it would just be awesome to be able to do it myself. I have progressed enough in this community to earn the two other whitelist titles of synth and captain. Which I believe proves my ability and dedication to RP. I want to experience the role, spice up the rounds, and be further involved in this community. I hope you all think I have the ability to take on this role, thank you. Also I am sorry if my story is short, or boring. I am not the strongest of writers when it comes to plot making and what not. But I tried, and I think it gets the job done.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Tactical 445; 02-08-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical 445 View Post
    I intend for my Youtja to be very confident in his abilities.
    Youtja

Youtja
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 02-08-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit, wait father you didn�t see that, please don�t make today�s beatings more extensive.
    Commanding Officer Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Friend, your application was good neither excellent nor great just fine, the problem that I see are the Orthographic errors such as the one that my partner LLJK remarked previously, although this does not mean that you didn't put effort to your application , Removing that from side , your story was of medium size, it has not been one of the best stories but at least for my eyes it was entertaining the way you described the combats and I liked that.
    I've had quite a few Opportunities to Roleplay with you and I liked them a lot.

You have Both Captain and Synthetic whitelists, although they do not mean that you will be accepted easily , they help since it shows that not only you can do RP as synthetic but that shows that you have responsibility to your role, this shows me that you can play and roleplaying in a responsible manner, since we know that the Role of Predator requires a great responsibility due to its great power to easily destroy a side.

I'm not going to say that the playstyle of your predator is generic since there are already a good amount of predators sharing similar playstyles and lately the limitations given by the rules book for predators do not allow to use some ideas.

I've known you since I started this game and I've never really had a bad experience and I trust that you can properly play this role.

You have my +1 in this, even if it's a bit useless.

Good Luck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I am going to reserve my final accept/denial based on more feedback, but I am going to warn you.

Besides minor typos and errors, your story was ok. The way you portray your predator is average, and so is your predator's personality. From the application I see a run of the mill predator, not a bad application, but not an awesome one as well.

You have a good reputation in the community, so I will wait until more people give their feedback before giving a final approval/dispproval

Unfortunately you fell into the trap of Great Player/Ok Application as opposed to Awesome application/unknown or bad player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Ok Friend, your application was good neither excellent nor great just fine, the problem that I see are the Orthographic errors such as the one that my partner LLJK remarked previously, although this does not mean that you didn't put effort to your application , Removing that from side , your story was of medium size, it has not been one of the best stories but at least for my eyes it was entertaining the way you described the combats and I liked that.
    I've had quite a few Opportunities to Roleplay with you and I liked them a lot.

You have Both Captain and Synthetic whitelists, although they do not mean that you will be accepted easily , they help since it shows that not only you can do RP as synthetic but that shows that you have responsibility to your role, this shows me that you can play and roleplaying in a responsible manner, since we know that the Role of Predator requires a great responsibility due to its great power to easily destroy a side.

I'm not going to say that the playstyle of your predator is generic since there are already a good amount of predators sharing similar playstyles and lately the limitations given by the rules book for predators do not allow to use some ideas.

I've known you since I started this game and I've never really had a bad experience and I trust that you can properly play this role.

You have my +1 in this, even if it's a bit useless.

Good Luck.
    Thank you very much for your support, I do apologize for any errors within the story, I did try to proof read it the best I can, but alas, things slip through. I also thank you for looking past the generic nature of the play style. It is rather difficult to come up with something new that would still be fun these days. I put in my effort and did my best.

Furthermore, I appreciate any and all feedback as it only makes me better.

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Ok I am going to reserve my final accept/denial based on more feedback, but I am going to warn you.

Besides minor typos and errors, your story was ok. The way you portray your predator is average, and so is your predator's personality. From the application I see a run of the mill predator, not a bad application, but not an awesome one as well.

You have a good reputation in the community, so I will wait until more people give their feedback before giving a final approval/dispproval

Unfortunately you fell into the trap of Great Player/Ok Application as opposed to Awesome application/unknown or bad player
    Thank you for looking over it my friend, I appreciate what you have to say. I tried to make my application the best I could, though it is rather difficult for me to craft something that is truly unique and awsome.

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a good player, well liked and you have no notes of severity as of late.

HOWEVER, this is a really, really, really generic Predator app.

Help convince me that you're worthy of donning the bio mask.

Riddle me this:

You and the other Yautja awake aboard the vessel. You gather your gear and you exchange Yautja pleasantries. Then, one of the Yautja speaks and prays to Paya in a way that is radically different from the mainstream theological beliefs in Yautja society. They claim Paya is a demi-god, powerful and wise, but a demi-god none the less, and that the classic interpretation of the texts is wrong. As a worshiper of Paya, how do you handle this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    You're a good player, well liked and you have no notes of severity as of late.

HOWEVER, this is a really, really, really generic Predator app.

Help convince me that you're worthy of donning the bio mask.

Riddle me this:

You and the other Yautja awake aboard the vessel. You gather your gear and you exchange Yautja pleasantries. Then, one of the Yautja speaks and prays to Paya in a way that is radically different from the mainstream theological beliefs in Yautja society. They claim Paya is a demi-god, powerful and wise, but a demi-god none the less, and that the classic interpretation of the texts is wrong. As a worshiper of Paya, how do you handle this?
    Challenge accepted, I will attempt to not botch this.

First off I would confront the Yautja and ridicule him on his disgraceful false title of the glorious Paya. I will take extreme insult and offense to the Yautjas horrible misinterpretation and disrespect towards the great Paya. I will attempt to inform him of his mistakes, and inform him of the true title of Paya, and proper prayer. Although he may have been worshiping wrong, if he understands his mistakes, and becomes a true follower of Paya, then all can be dismissed. Though if he continues to disrespect the God, I will inform him of his unacceptable acts and unworthiness to be called a hunter, or even a fellow Yautja. Which in term could lead to me even challenging him to a duel so that I may put the disrespectful runt in his place, displaying my superiority and dominance over the Yautja as is custom to my clan.

Synthetic Unit Marcus

Predator Rekag'Voli

Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Challenge accepted, I will attempt to not botch this.

First off I would confront the Yautja and ridicule him on his disgraceful false title of the glorious Paya. I will take extreme insult and offense to the Yautjas horrible misinterpretation and disrespect towards the great Paya. I will attempt to inform him of his mistakes, and inform him of the true title of Paya, and proper prayer. Although he may have been worshiping wrong, if he understands his mistakes, and becomes a true follower of Paya, then all can be dismissed. Though if he continues to disrespect the God, I will inform him of his unacceptable acts and unworthiness to be called a hunter, or even a fellow Yautja. Which in term could lead to me even challenging him to a duel so that I may put the disrespectful runt in his place, displaying my superiority and dominance over the Yautja as is custom to my clan.
    Well, first off, no true and honorable Yautja would change their beliefs because another Yautja outside of their clan told them to, so you're going to be looking at a fight, verbal or otherwise. I would wait until the end, or close to the end of the hunt to duel them if it comes to that, that way everyone get their cake and eat it as well.

Good answer, I'll +1 this.