• shut up and stop complaining

4 33.33%

Thread: QoL suggestion/ Idea thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QoL suggestion/ Idea thread

I find it very frustrating that when dead, it is impossible to know if you are perma-dead. There should be a message, that indicates that a marine will by no circumstances fight in the same round. I really do not like that I just have to sit around and guess if I'm perma based on wither or not the medics are stopping to help or not.

UPDATE: imagine this thread doesn't exist, mods please delete
    Last edited by quizmar; 05-30-2021 at 06:22 AM.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can tell, turn on medical HUD when you're a ghost

if there's a skull instead of a lightning in your health, then you're perma'd

F1 in game to mentorhelp these things
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 05-30-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the QoL things that I have ever wanted in this game have thankfully made it in already. For example, you used to have to actually put on the armor and clothes you vended from the round-start machines, which took time and could lead to your stuff being swiped in rare occasions, leaving you to have to get surplus. But now it automatically equips and stores the stuff you vend, which makes everything a lot easier and lets you get to the fun part of round prep (getting attatchments, scrounging, and R&R) quicker. Boots automatically coming with boot-knives and making bayonets easier to attach to guns by allowing you to just stick a knife on instead of scrounging for a screwdriver. Another small QoL addition that made it into the game was removing the ability for marines to pump an unfired shotgun shell out of the shotgun - the game now prevents you from doing so, making ammo management just a little bit easier.
    I think the only QoL thing that I would personally like would be enabling burstfire on the M41A's by default - the default semi-auto firemode pretty much sucks in everything but the most niche situations. That and more indicators of xeno damage - many xenos escape with their lives simply because the difference between a nearly dead xeno and a healthy xeno is nothing, and marines don't want to chase them into darkness and weeds. But I've come to accept that as part of the charm of fighting xenos, and removing that would make them less scary and intense to fight against.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an MP laser pointer you can point at people to tell them they are under arrest, to remove confusion, and make anyone attempting to rescue them obvious

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    an MP laser pointer you can point at people to tell them they are under arrest, to remove confusion, and make anyone attempting to rescue them obvious
    Alternative, "Mr. X, you are under arrest." Also, as if the laser pointer would stop others from trying to interfere, more likely they'd be encouraged by it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExGame View Post
    Alternative, "Mr. X, you are under arrest." Also, as if the laser pointer would stop others from trying to interfere, more likely they'd be encouraged by it.
    i dont mind if they try, I just want to use the laser pointer so they can't try to bs after they fail, if you're gonna try to save your buddy dont puss out when you get clapped back